Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358611 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2020, 08:36:47 PM »
Went to Target to buy necessities...mainly The Show 20...and I saw some very strange behavior.

It wasn't the meth head (common in Austin) borderline sprinting around carrying two industrial sized containers of dish detergent

It was the grandma in line ahead of me buying over a dozen sugar free Monsters, a Truly, and a spray can of bleach.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #301 on: March 13, 2020, 10:47:10 PM »
I find it very amusing that at the grocery stores it's all the extremely unhealthy garbage sold out. All the white bread and whole milk completley gone everywhere. Tons of multigrain bread and fat free milk though.

Fat bastards don't even realize how much more likely they are to die of a heart attack or stroke than coronavirus

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #302 on: March 14, 2020, 01:35:04 AM »
I find it very amusing that at the grocery stores it's all the extremely unhealthy garbage sold out. All the white bread and whole milk completley gone everywhere. Tons of multigrain bread and fat free milk though.

Fat bastards don't even realize how much more likely they are to die of a heart attack or stroke than coronavirus
Speak for yourself. Whole milk gang nibbas bring the heat

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #303 on: March 14, 2020, 07:14:17 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #304 on: March 14, 2020, 07:44:22 AM »
On February 20, 2020, a patient in his 30s admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU) in Codogno Hospital (Lodi, Lombardy, Italy) tested positive for a new coronavirus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). He had a history of atypical pneumonia that was not responding to treatment, but he was not considered at risk for COVID-19 infection.1 The positive result was immediately reported to the Lombardy health care system and governmental offices. During the next 24 hours, the number of reported positive cases increased to 36. This situation was considered a serious development for several reasons: the patient (“patient 1”) was healthy and young; in less than 24 hours, 36 additional cases were identified, without links to patient 1 or previously identified positive cases already in the country; it was not possible to identify with certainty the source of transmission to patient 1 at the time; and, because patient 1 was in the ICU and there were already 36 cases by day 2, chances were that a cluster of unknown magnitude was present and additional spread was likely.

On February 21, an emergency task force was formed by the Government of Lombardy and local health authorities to lead the response to the outbreak. This Viewpoint provides a summary of the response of the COVID-19 Lombardy ICU network and a forecast of estimated ICU demand over the coming weeks (projected to March 20, 2020).

In Lombardy, the precrisis total ICU capacity was approximately 720 beds (2.9% of total hospital beds at a total of 74 hospitals); these ICUs usually have 85% to 90% occupancy during the winter months.

There was an immediate sharp increase in ICU admissions from day 1 to day 14. The increase was steady and consistent. Publicly available data indicate that ICU admissions (n = 556) represented 16% of all patients (n = 3420) who tested positive for COVID-19. As of March 7, the current total number of patients with COVID-19 occupying an ICU bed (n = 359) represents 16% of currently hospitalized patients with COVID-19 (n = 2217). All patients who appeared to have severe illness were admitted for hypoxic respiratory failure to the COVID-19 dedicated ICUs.

Forecasting ICU Demand Over the Next 2 Weeks
During the first 3 days of the outbreak, starting from February 22, the ICU admissions were 11, 15, and 20 in the COVID-19 Lombardy ICU Network. ICU admissions have increased continuously and exponentially over the first 2 weeks. Based on data to March 7, when 556 COVID-19–positive ICU patients had been admitted to hospitals over the previous 15 days, linear and exponential models were created to estimate further ICU demand (eFigure in the Supplement).

The linear model forecasts that approximately 869 ICU admissions could occur by March 20, 2020, whereas the exponential model growth projects that approximately 14 542 ICU admissions could occur by then. Even though these projections are hypothetical and involve various assumptions, any substantial increase in the number of critically ill patients would rapidly exceed total ICU capacity, without even considering other critical admissions, such as for trauma, stroke, and other emergencies.

In practice, the health care system cannot sustain an uncontrolled outbreak, and stronger containment measures are now the only realistic option to avoid the total collapse of the ICU system. For this reason, over the last 2 weeks, clinicians have continuously advised authorities to augment the containment measures.

To our knowledge, this is the first report of the consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak on critical care capacity outside China. Despite prompt response of the local and regional ICU network, health authorities, and the government to try to contain the initial cluster, the surge in patients requiring ICU admission has been overwhelming. The proportion of ICU admissions represents 12% of the total positive cases, and 16% of all hospitalized patients. This rate is higher than what was reported from China, where only 5% of patients who tested positive for COVID-19 required ICU admission.2,4 There could be different explanations. It is possible that criteria for ICU admission were different between the countries, but this seems unlikely. Another explanation is that the Italian population is different from the Chinese population, with predisposing factors such as race, age, and comorbidities.5

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763188

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #305 on: March 14, 2020, 09:39:05 AM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #306 on: March 14, 2020, 10:05:07 AM »
Are those results reported by China or the WHO?  I hope it isn't China trying to polish a turd to get their economy going again. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #307 on: March 14, 2020, 10:30:39 AM »
US Surgeon General advises hospitals to cancel elective surgeries

He warned that every elective surgery could spread coronavirus within the facility, use up protective medical gear as public officials worry about shortages and burden a hospital workforce who "may be needed" to respond to COVID-19.

No brainer.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #308 on: March 14, 2020, 10:32:08 AM »
Here, some good news for you:

https://nowthisnews.com/news/70-coronavirus-patients-in-china-have-recovered

Despite the virus’ high recovery rate, several Hong Kong doctors are claiming that some  recovered COVID-19 patients have reduced lung function.

Hooray!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #309 on: March 14, 2020, 10:35:17 AM »
No brainer.
Dammit, gotta cancel my penis reduction.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #310 on: March 14, 2020, 10:35:55 AM »
Hooray!

You know what else reduces lung function? Smoking and pollution. I don't see people cowering in their homes and stockpiling toilet paper because of either of those things.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #311 on: March 14, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »
You know what else reduces lung function? Smoking and pollution. I don't see people cowering in their homes and stockpiling toilet paper because of either of those things.

Doesn't address Bo's self admittedly tiny Asian penis.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #312 on: March 14, 2020, 11:24:28 AM »
Doesn't address Bo's self admittedly tiny Asian penis.
Hey freak you man.  My penis isn't asian.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #313 on: March 14, 2020, 11:59:57 AM »
To everyone in NYC but ESPECIALLY healthy people & people under 40 (bc from what I’m observing that’s who needs to hear this again):

PLEASE stop crowding bars, restaurants, and public spaces right now. Eat your meals at home.

If you are healthy, you could be spreading COVID.

What does “crowded” mean?

If you can’t stay 6ft away from other people, it’s too close. In general, when going outside try to stay at least 6 feet away from others as much as you possibly can.

-AOC

I almost never agree with her but this is a good tweet. I have seen way too much bullshit from millennials not concerned because “I’ll be fine if I get the virus l, I’m young and healthy”.

My 20 something cousin is in Boston right now, one of the locations with the most rapidly growing amount of cases, out celebrating St Patrick’s Day. She’ll then presumably return to NC. That’s how this thing spreads.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 12:15:21 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #314 on: March 14, 2020, 12:26:20 PM »
-AOC

I almost never agree with her but this is a good tweet. I have seen way too much bullshit from millennials not concerned because “I’ll be fine if I get the virus l, I’m young and healthy”.

My 20 something cousin is in Boston right now, one of the locations with the most rapidly growing amount of cases, out celebrating St Patrick’s Day. She’ll then presumably return to NC. That’s how this thing spreads.

Except that if everyone observes this then a lot of businesses are going to cease operations very quickly. It is possible to exercise good hygiene practices and observe sensible caution while still living a (mostly) normal life, and it's kind of important that we do that.

If you want to hunker down in a fort made of toilet rolls with your shotgun and a lifetime supply of canned beans then no one's going to stop you, but for most of the rest of the world life needs to go on.

Tags: