Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 358457 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2020, 06:30:04 PM »
The problem is comparing a free and open society to places where the government controls most everything. Try instituting mandatory coronavirus-covid-19 testing in this country, we would lose ourccollective minds more than they already are.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2020, 08:54:41 PM »
They even cancelled the freaking Grand Prix.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #243 on: March 12, 2020, 08:55:37 PM »
I never thought this would affect the NFL draft but after seeing the majors sports leagues responses it would be naive to think it’s not in question at this point. Could they do it electronically? Is there enough time to pull something like that off?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2020, 08:57:24 PM »
I never thought this would affect the NFL draft but after seeing the majors sports leagues responses it would be naive to think it’s not in question at this point. Could they do it electronically? Is there enough time to pull something like that off?

6 weeks away. With the fairly extreme response we're having, I think it will abate pretty quickly. My guess is that the draft will be fine.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2020, 08:59:20 PM »
6 weeks away. With the fairly extreme response we're having, I think it will abate pretty quickly. My guess is that the draft will be fine.

While things being settled in 6 weeks is very plausible

The draft could be delayed long before that

At the very least I would think it's a near certainty that fans would be excluded

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2020, 09:01:22 PM »
While things being settled in 6 weeks is very plausible

The draft could be delayed long before that

At the very least I would think it's a near certainty that fans would be excluded

Agreed. But then fans going to the draft is freaking weird anyway, so no biggie there.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2020, 09:07:21 PM »
Agreed. But then fans going to the draft is freaking weird anyway, so no biggie there.

Well that wasn't really the point I was trying to make. Basically the coronavirus isn't going away in the next week or two. So the decision to suspend the draft could be made then, long before the actual draft

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2020, 09:18:08 PM »
I hope the NFL Draft goes back to the old format and they do it all in one weekend. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2020, 09:31:42 PM »
my sons school district is closed for spring break this coming week, and then 2 more weeks for covid-19 quarantine. this absolutely fucks everyone over, freak.

my wife works at a dentist, and theyre unable to get essential supplies because retards are hoarding them. they have 2 weeks worth of supplies left, and between their suppliers jacking up prices on everything(this excrement should be illegal) and people hoarding, theyre worried about not getting stuff and having to close until they can.

my own job announced wednesday that we were staying open, but would start checking into what everyone needs to work remotely and would re-evaluate once our county got its first confirmed case. 30 minutes later WHO declared it a pandemic and the first confirmed case was announced, a dr. and then today the schools closed for 2 additional weeks. so we'll see what happens tomorrow...

least theres no way tomorrow could be any worst than today, right?

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2020, 09:38:25 PM »
https://www.thewrap.com/disney-postpones-releases-of-mulan-the-new-mutants-and-antlers/

Disney has postponed the releases of “Mulan,” “The New Mutants” and “Antlers” out of “an abundance of caution,” Disney announced Thursday.

“As you know this has been a rapidly evolving situation and I wanted to make you aware that we are postponing the releases of ‘Mulan,’ ‘The New Mutants,’ and ‘Antlers’ out of an abundance of caution. We truly believe in the moviegoing experience, and we are looking at new potential 2020 release dates to be announced at a later date,” Disney said in a statement.

“Mulan” was supposed to hit theaters March 27, while “The New Mutants” was scheduled for an April 3 release date and “Antlers” was supposed to open April 17.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2020, 09:41:31 PM »
God dammit I wanted to see Antlers

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2020, 01:40:55 AM »
I'm not going in tomorrow.

I'm on an oil tank that's halfway full and we have enough food for a week. I'm not an alarmist, but I'm also not getting caught completely unprepared if I'm in a situation where I need to stay in the house for an elongated period of time.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2020, 06:43:18 AM »
I'm not an alarmist

Spoken like a true alarmist

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2020, 07:11:56 AM »
After going grocery shopping I'm convinced we're all far more likely to starve to death than die from freaking coronavirus

Tags: