Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359025 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2020, 03:34:03 PM »
I've seen Contagion like five times so if anyone needs expert advice I'm here

Awesome flick

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2020, 03:55:13 PM »
Coronavirus is not airborn its droplet/surface transmission. This is the same way the flu is transmitted.

Airborne diseases would be things like the measles or tuberculosis. If this disease was airborne transmitted we would be royally fucked.

Droplet disease =you're on a plane and someone sneezes and anyone in the immediate area (ie where the droplets are in the area where the droplets get aerosolised) is at risk

Airborne = someone on an airplane has tuberculosis, the air on the whole plane circulates, and everyone on the entire plane is at risk for tuberculosis.

Moral of the story is airborn would be way way worse

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2020, 03:58:08 PM »
Online the freaking professors make the tests so freaking difficult it usually takes me half a day to complete the freaking things.

ok boomer

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2020, 04:28:41 PM »
Just had my work trip to Vegas next week canceled

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2020, 04:37:20 PM »
I mean I can't imagine this lasting that long

But I wonder what happens during the presidential campaign if this excrement is at its peak during the day of the election.

Do you suspend the presidential election? Is there bipartisan support for such a thing? Do people clamor about rampant voter suppression and corruption?

I guess it's kind of a moot point since if this shits not completely resolved long before November we're probably looking at a full blown depression and a massive killing off of the global populace. But I do wonder how this would effect an election none the less

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »
Coronavirus is not airborn its droplet/surface transmission. This is the same way the flu is transmitted.

Airborne diseases would be things like the measles or tuberculosis. If this disease was airborne transmitted we would be royally fucked.

Droplet disease =you're on a plane and someone sneezes and anyone in the immediate area (ie where the droplets are in the area where the droplets get aerosolised) is at risk

Airborne = someone on an airplane has tuberculosis, the air on the whole plane circulates, and everyone on the entire plane is at risk for tuberculosis.

Moral of the story is airborn would be way way worse

So how did 70 people at that biogen conference in mass catch cases? Sneezing into each other’s mouths?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2020, 04:50:09 PM »
So how did 70 people at that biogen conference in mass catch cases? Sneezing into each other’s mouths?

Purely speculation on my behalf. But I imagine at a business conference there was a ton of shaking hands and food (likely even buffet style food sitting out all day with people grabbing at it)

I'm not speculating on the disease being droplet transmission, that's from the CDC and all those organizations but presumably it has a large dwell time and high infection rate which is why this shits spreading so much faster than most droplet transmitted diseases were familiar with

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2020, 04:52:31 PM »
dcm will save us from ourselves

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2020, 04:53:57 PM »
dcm will save us from ourselves

I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that all people freaking do at business conferences are shake hands and eat

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2020, 05:05:35 PM »
I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that all people freaking do at business conferences are shake hands and eat

Thank you for your service.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2020, 05:42:36 PM »
dcm's actually been on point the last couple of days, it's a refreshing change. Let's keep him away from the football threads and we might have something here.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2020, 05:55:19 PM »
I mean I can't imagine this lasting that long

But I wonder what happens during the presidential campaign if this excrement is at its peak during the day of the election.

Do you suspend the presidential election? Is there bipartisan support for such a thing? Do people clamor about rampant voter suppression and corruption?

I guess it's kind of a moot point since if this shits not completely resolved long before November we're probably looking at a full blown depression and a massive killing off of the global populace. But I do wonder how this would effect an election none the less
It is possible for this to both persist for quite a while and not kill the entire world and send the world into depression.  It may end up being an annual thing just like influenza, who knows.  I highly doubt this thing is completely gone anytime soon.  Doesn't mean the world is going to explode.

Tags: