Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 359107 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2020, 01:17:07 PM »
Honest question: with the hand washing thing, how are people transmitting? Shaking hands and then touching their face? Surely there’s another way to transfer the virus?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2020, 01:18:08 PM »
Honest question: with the hand washing thing, how are people transmitting? Shaking hands and then touching their face? Surely there’s another way to transfer the virus?

i stopped sticking my finger in my derriere and then shaking hands.  Could be an issue.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2020, 01:20:33 PM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2020, 01:22:51 PM »
At first i thought...maybe my derriere taint could cure the COVID19.

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2020, 01:28:47 PM »

People aren't consistently washing. There are lots of icky people out there for whom hygiene isn't really a thing. I'm not remotely germophobic but I haven't touched a public bathroom door with my hand for years, way too many people who don't bother washing after they handle their sweaty junk.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2020, 01:38:10 PM »

It's still unknown how the virus transmits.

The whole "wash your hands, don't touch your face" is just good general advice for the prevention of disease. But if this virus is airborne, you can rub your hands underwater till they bleed and you're still SOL.

This is why the whole mask thing is stupid. Unless you're also wearing airtight goggles, and take the mask off, discard it, and immediately wash your hands--and the goggles, you've exposed yourself to the virus if it's been around you.

Your eyeballs are a direct line to your bloodstream. If someone sneezes around you, do you shut your eyes and cover your nose and mouth for long enough that anything riding the wave of microscopic spittle released into the air has had a chance to dissipate/die?

Honestly, an early quarantine would've been the only way to prevent the pandemic. But that's not feasible in the world of "get your lazy derriere to work" thinking. It's going to be interesting to see how (or if) this thing spurs remote accessibility going forward.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2020, 01:39:25 PM »
freak. That’s the start of it. Gotta think other states and NCAA/MLB will follow suit if things get worse

The Mariners will move home games from Seattle through the end of March following the state of Washington's decision to ban large group events in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Seattle had been scheduled to open the season at Safeco Field with a four-game series against Texas from March 26-29, then host Minnesota in a three-game series from March 30 through April 1.

The Mariners say they are working with the commissioner's office on alternative plans.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee on Wednesday announced a ban on all large gatherings in the three counties of the Seattle metro area through at least the end of March.

In their statement, the Mariners said: "While we hope to be back to playing baseball in Seattle as soon as possible, the health and safety of our community is the most important consideration."

The team said that it will give credits to season-ticket holders for games missed and will automatically refund single-ticket buyers that purchased tickets through the Mariners.

Other Seattle teams are also affected. The Seattle Sounders of the MLS announced Wednesday that their March 21 match against FC Dallas at CenturyLink Field has been postponed.

Teams throughout the United States are canceling or changing games. The NBA's Warriors said they will play all foreseeable home games without fans because of San Francisco's ban of gatherings of more than 1,000 people. That affects baseball's Giants as well, who said they won't play a home exhibition game against the A's on March 24 and are trying to make alternate plans.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2020, 01:39:54 PM »
People aren't consistently washing. There are lots of icky people out there for whom hygiene isn't really a thing. I'm not remotely germophobic but I haven't touched a public bathroom door with my hand for years, way too many people who don't bother washing after they handle their sweaty junk.

Billion dollar idea: installing sinks outside bathrooms.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2020, 01:54:22 PM »
Places that are getting hit hard - northern Italy, Wuhan, Washington State, northern Iran. All cold/temperate regions with low humidity.

Places that are not getting hit despite extensive travel from affected areas - Southern Italy, Shanghai, Florida, South America. All warm regions with high humidity.

Basically, this thing seems very flu like in its transmission tolerance - no one gets flu in the summer. The answer is for us all to freak off on vacation for a few weeks.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2020, 01:58:09 PM »
Billion dollar idea: installing sinks outside bathrooms.
I'm in one of those professions where it might be best for me to wash my hands before going into the crapper.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2020, 02:37:27 PM »
this
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2020, 02:45:24 PM »
My kid is on spring break this week. His school (Boston U) just shut down in-person classes and has gone completely online until at least mid-April.

This is insane.
I'd honestly rather the take home while the info is still fresh.

I'm shocked my old law school hasn't canceled live classes and begun remote sessions.
Yeah, same for me. 

I'd imagine at this point that schools are just afraid of staying open, someone there getting covid, and then suing them for staying open.   

Lawsuits and such ugh.

I would rather in person. Online the freaking professors make the tests so freaking difficult it usually takes me half a day to complete the freaking things.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2020, 02:47:26 PM »

So it’s only from hand to hand contact or can it be transferred from an inanimate object or through the air?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2020, 02:48:02 PM »
I find it hard to believe that everyone would be safe if you just don’t shake anyone else’s hand

Tags: