Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357838 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2020, 08:03:51 PM »
Imagine when they actually start testing people how many cases we will have.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2020, 09:12:44 PM »
Watch this. It's about math.

https://youtu.be/Kas0tIxDvrg

That didn’t make me feel any better.

QFT from the comments:

Media: "Everybody Panic"
Governments: "Everybody Stay Calm"
3blue1brown: "Be Sufficiently Worried"
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2020, 10:13:35 PM »
OLYMPIA – To try to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Jay Inslee is expected Wednesday to restrict gatherings of more than 250 people, including at sporting events and concerts.

The measure, the most sweeping since the outbreak began in the state, will be announced during a Seattle news conference, according to a source involved in conversations with the governor’s office but who has not been cleared to discuss the issue.

Joining Inslee will be the mayors of Seattle, Everett and Tacoma and executives for King, Snohomish and Pierce counties.

freak. That’s the start of it. Gotta think other states and NCAA/MLB will follow suit if things get worse

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2020, 10:41:21 PM »
freak. That’s the start of it. Gotta think other states and NCAA/MLB will follow suit if things get worse
Yesterday, the Sharks said they wouldn't play in front of fans. Today, the Ivy League canceled its tournament and 2 other leagues said  they wouldn't play in front of fans.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2020, 02:41:17 AM »
My school just canceled in person classes right in the middle of freaking mid-terms. I have 3 left and my professors have the option of giving online tests or waiting. this is freaking weird.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
Officially a pandemic

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2020, 12:07:57 PM »
My school just canceled in person classes right in the middle of freaking mid-terms. I have 3 left and my professors have the option of giving online tests or waiting. this is freaking weird.

My kid is on spring break this week. His school (Boston U) just shut down in-person classes and has gone completely online until at least mid-April.

This is insane.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2020, 12:18:09 PM »
My kid is on spring break this week. His school (Boston U) just shut down in-person classes and has gone completely online until at least mid-April.

This is insane.

A ton of universities are following this trend

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
A ton of universities are following this trend

It's crazy

I've been in disaster planning meetings all week. We were beginning to implement a DR plan company wide already, but this event has sent everything into overdrive. Our corporate policy has always been absolutely no remote work, and now suddenly we're looking at the possibility.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2020, 12:35:39 PM »

I'd honestly rather the take home while the info is still fresh.

I'm shocked my old law school hasn't canceled live classes and begun remote sessions.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2020, 12:53:49 PM »

Yeah, same for me. 

I'd imagine at this point that schools are just afraid of staying open, someone there getting covid, and then suing them for staying open.   

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2020, 01:04:15 PM »
Schools and universities have been desperate to push remote learning for years. Easier to attract students from anywhere in the world, no need to maintain costly real estate, no having to deal with the attendant issues that come with having thousands of hormonal 20 year olds in one place. This will almost certainly be a catalyst to push remote learning into a more mainstream approach, and frankly it's a good idea for a lot of students.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2020, 01:07:07 PM »
Schools and universities have been desperate to push remote learning for years. Easier to attract students from anywhere in the world, no need to maintain costly real estate, no having to deal with the attendant issues that come with having thousands of hormonal 20 year olds in one place. This will almost certainly be a catalyst to push remote learning into a more mainstream approach, and frankly it's a good idea for a lot of students.

Yeah, I'm all for it.  Also a good way to push out the dinosaurs who think it's a point of pride that they don't know how to send a freaking email. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2020, 01:07:24 PM »
Completely unrelated to the subject at hand, i actually keep a hand pump of Purell Hand Sanitizer on my desk. People are disgusting pigs, and my coworkers are no different. Anyway, I've had this bottle for the last 2 years.  In a sweet piece of irony, the bottle finally ran out today.  Of all the times for it to run out. 

Over my lunch, i went to 6 different stores near my office (Costco, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys, Safeway, and i even tried Home Depot) to see if i could purchase a replacement.....all sold out.

We don't have a single case of freaking COVID19 reported in this city yet.  But here we are.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2020, 01:14:37 PM »
Completely unrelated to the subject at hand, i actually keep a hand pump of Purell Hand Sanitizer on my desk. People are disgusting pigs, and my coworkers are no different. Anyway, I've had this bottle for the last 2 years.  In a sweet piece of irony, the bottle finally ran out today.  Of all the times for it to run out. 

Over my lunch, i went to 6 different stores near my office (Costco, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys, Safeway, and i even tried Home Depot) to see if i could purchase a replacement.....all sold out.

We don't have a single case of freaking COVID19 reported in this city yet.  But here we are.

In Court today, there's a part that will keep wrapped mini chocolates like Milky Ways and Snickers in a little basket for anyone to take as they like. It was right next to this big derriere industrial sized bottle of Purell.

I'll let you guess which was empty and which was full.

Tags: