Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 356969 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2670 on: August 10, 2020, 11:41:53 AM »
Now that everyone (at least in Canada) has broadly accepted the wearing of masks and is getting on with life, it seems like the new thing is attempting to call people out for wearing the wrong kind of mask. I've twice seen on Facebook today people promoting a study that says that cotton masks, bandannas and biker-style neck gaiters are not effective enough and that we should all be wearing surgical or layered masks.

Kindly freak the freak off. If my mask isn't good enough for you and you're still that freaking scared, then stay the freak home.

are they making those arguments for general/public use, or for use within healthcare settings?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2671 on: August 10, 2020, 11:47:45 AM »
are they making those arguments for general/public use, or for use within healthcare settings?

Given they're shouting at whoever will listen on Facebook, I'm guessing the former. I doubt that anyone in a healthcare setting is wearing anything other than proper medical masks now that the PPE crunch has been alleviated.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #2672 on: August 10, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »
if i see any more QAnon/covid hoax excrement on social media i might fckin lose it

i just discovered the qanon casualties subreddit this morning. that place is fckin sorry

social media.     the bane of 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 07:16:23 PM by delavan »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2673 on: August 11, 2020, 09:18:27 AM »
if i see any more QAnon/covid hoax excrement on social media i might fckin lose it

i just discovered the qanon casualties subreddit this morning. that place is fckin sorry
Link

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2674 on: August 11, 2020, 09:20:35 AM »
Now that everyone (at least in Canada) has broadly accepted the wearing of masks and is getting on with life, it seems like the new thing is attempting to call people out for wearing the wrong kind of mask. I've twice seen on Facebook today people promoting a study that says that cotton masks, bandannas and biker-style neck gaiters are not effective enough and that we should all be wearing surgical or layered masks.

Kindly freak the freak off. If my mask isn't good enough for you and you're still that freaking scared, then stay the freak home.
Saw that this morning, was very annoyed because I really prefer the neck gaiter over the mask with ear loops. Probably not going to change what I do because I'm already very careful.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2676 on: August 11, 2020, 10:28:29 AM »
we live in an insane time where people are believing absolutely batshit crazy excrement, and you can't say anything to them

i know this girl who has a mom that's kinda hot, and i follow her. she started posting all this qanon/pizzagait/covid hoax excrement. i sent her links about how trump recently wished ghislaine maxwell well, how trump is friends with her and epstein, and videos of them partying together back in the day. i asked her to reconcile how trump seems to be friends with the very pedophiles/deep state she claims and believes is here to bring down trump

no response, the mom and the daughter both blocked me afterwards

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2677 on: August 11, 2020, 10:29:07 AM »
we live in an insane time where people are believing absolutely batshit crazy excrement, and you can't say anything to them

i know this girl who has a mom that's kinda hot, and i follow her. she started posting all this qanon/pizzagait/covid hoax excrement. i sent her links about how trump recently wished ghislaine maxwell well, how trump is friends with her and epstein, and videos of them partying together back in the day. i asked her to reconcile how trump seems to be friends with the very pedophiles/deep state she claims and believes is here to bring down trump

no response, the mom and the daughter both blocked me afterwards

Did you hit it?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2678 on: August 11, 2020, 10:59:57 AM »
If the US took the virus and the quarantine seriously without a bunch of assholes in various state houses, Congress and the White House downplaying its severity, telling outright lies about its ability to spread, and generally being incompetent in the execution of any response, we'd be out of the second waive by now.

Instead, we have a bunch of people acting like ignorant little children by refusing to wear masks, social distance, actively verbally assaulting people who comply with mask orders, and government officials providing enough disinformation to egg them on and thus keeping the first wave going.

If not for them, we wouldn't have to worry about college football, the NFL, or all of the bars and restaurants that have been put out of business and all of the jobs and lives that have been lost as a result.

This has been my weekly "I hate my fellow citizens," rant. Have a good day.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2679 on: August 11, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2680 on: August 11, 2020, 12:35:20 PM »
If the US took the virus and the quarantine seriously without a bunch of assholes in various state houses, Congress and the White House downplaying its severity, telling outright lies about its ability to spread, and generally being incompetent in the execution of any response, we'd be out of the second waive by now.

Instead, we have a bunch of people acting like ignorant little children by refusing to wear masks, social distance, actively verbally assaulting people who comply with mask orders, and government officials providing enough disinformation to egg them on and thus keeping the first wave going.

If not for them, we wouldn't have to worry about college football, the NFL, or all of the bars and restaurants that have been put out of business and all of the jobs and lives that have been lost as a result.

This has been my weekly "I hate my fellow citizens," rant. Have a good day.

I don’t see anything changing. We are fucked when flu season/winter hits
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2681 on: August 11, 2020, 12:50:33 PM »

Oh we have no hope at this point and we’re totally screwed.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2682 on: August 11, 2020, 12:57:38 PM »

The only potential saving grace is that the virus is currently (primarily) devastating the parts of the country that don't get hit hard by the flu.

The question now whether people in NY and the rest of the north east remember how freaking miserable their lives were and if they decide to act like jerkoffs when the virus creeps back up that way.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2683 on: August 12, 2020, 08:23:15 AM »
Seems like a lot of parents are caught between:

“I don’t want to send my kid to school because it’s not safe for our family”

and

“I don’t have the ability to take care of my kid full time, also work, and be pretty much fully responsible for their education”

Really tough choice.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2684 on: August 12, 2020, 08:24:53 AM »
Seems like a lot of parents are caught between:

“I don’t want to send my kid to school because it’s not safe for our family”

and

“I don’t have the ability to take care of my kid full time, also work, and be pretty much fully responsible for their education”

Really tough choice.

lucky for you the Zodiac is a self-sufficient force of nature.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: