Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 356742 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2640 on: July 31, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
Mitch McConnell is freaking evil.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2641 on: July 31, 2020, 02:38:09 PM »
Neat

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1289187833031270408?s=19

Unemployed people get evicted. Homeless people are less likely to vote.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2642 on: July 31, 2020, 03:37:30 PM »
Looks like Republicans offered 4 more months of continued extended unemployment at $600.  I'm surprised the Dems turned that down trying to get 8 months.  Then again, that wasn't the only negotiating point.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2643 on: July 31, 2020, 05:54:04 PM »
Wonder whatever happened to both parties advocating for hazard pay and protecting Frontline workers.

The dems heroes act was supposed to be all about thst, but looks more like fancy unemployment. And Trump made the same promise which was also bullshit

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2644 on: July 31, 2020, 09:30:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/amymaxmen/status/1289241881537392640?s=19

School's gonna be so safe. The science says so. BdB said he's putting in the same standards he'd have in place if his own kids had to go to NYC public schools. And really, shouldn't a classroom be safer and more ventilated than a campground outside?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2645 on: July 31, 2020, 11:59:18 PM »
Unemployed people get evicted. Homeless people are less likely to vote.

Nice approach to pair with crippling the postal service with incompetence.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2646 on: August 01, 2020, 12:41:53 AM »
Oh excrement. RIP Ben Carson.

Hahahahahaha that was actually funny.

A nice whiff of brevity as others actually revel in someones death out of naked tribalism.

Nobody is celebrating Herman Cain’s death because he is black. End

No one should be celebrating his death at all. The fact that people are is an indictment on where we're at in society.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2647 on: August 01, 2020, 08:29:51 AM »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2648 on: August 01, 2020, 09:18:32 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDR72MsBo2J/?igshid=6wrd09f70cu2

Click through to see a covid lung

glad she survived but her life is unfortunately going to be changed forever. she has a double lung txp but it's not going to stop there. they're the hardest/most difficult organs to 'take' as far as organs go, and she's going to be battling bouts of respiratory illnesses and concerns over rejection her entire life.

they're just hard organs. literally every breath introduces antigens that may trigger an immune response in the transplanted lungs, which may or may not be good. the anti-rejection meds are crazy (and are going to affect her other organs in the future) and the road to recovery (and maintaining that state) is grueling. i wish her well but that's just tough

i haven't written my will/advanced directive yet, but in it i'm going to write that i never want to be considered for a lung txp in an end of life situation were it to come to that; just let me go. it just sucks that this beautiful young girl's life was affected to this degree because of the fckin coronavirus

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2649 on: August 01, 2020, 09:46:18 AM »

i haven't written my will/advanced directive yet

Get on that ASAP brotha.  If your parents are still around, get in their face about doing it too.  No one wants to think about dying, but you are doing it for who you leave behind, not yourself. Everyone that is married, has kids or cares where their assets/Mangold jersey go when they kick the bucket should have a will.  Willmaker software is like $40 and is plenty fine for simple situations (most people) or even just to have something on paper until you can get a lawyer if you need one. It walks you right through almost every situation.

Everyone should have an advance medical directive unless you want to potentially have your end of life dragged out and create a pile of sorrow for your family.  Same Willmaker software does that too, as well as other documents you should have.  Make that excrement set in stone so there are no questions when the time comes.  Make sure to re-evaluate it every few years too.  Sometimes people you love become people you hate and you don't want them getting your dough or pulling your plug.  Kids happen and situations change.

As someone who lost both parents fairly recently, that excrement matters and is a world of difficulty if not done, especially if you have siblings.  Thankfully my parents had the will done already and I had the time to get their advance directives and other stuff done while they were alive. Did my Dad's right there in the hospital.

You will be relieved when it's done and collecting dust in a safe somewhere.  Then you can just forget about kicking the bucket and focus on the Jets disappointing you.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:50:09 AM by bojanglesman »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2650 on: August 01, 2020, 11:36:10 AM »
THINK before YOU ORDER AND SCREAM “WEAR YOUR MASK”
THIS:
"That woman you shamed in the grocery store because she wasn't wearing a mask? She already feels enough shame because she was raped. Having something over her nose & mouth triggers her PTSD, and causes her to relive that trauma.
That man at the Quickee Mart who you called selfish? He's a volunteer firefighter and just came from the ER, after being treated for smoke inhalation. He removed his air mask, in order to help a child breathe fresh air, instead of thick smoke.
That elderly lady who you screamed at to put a mask on, or shop when it's her turn? Her husband of 60 years just passed away. She's doing her best to learn to live alone. Every breath is physically painful, due to her grief.
That little boy you lectured about removing his mask? He's autistic. He doesn't understand. He simply wants it off of his face.
That little girl who screams when somebody tries to mask her? She's claustrophobic. She came from an abusive home, where she was confined to a closet.
There are all sorts of reasons for not wearing a mask. Not all are lung or immune system-related.
How many of you are among those shaming, name-calling, and berating complete strangers, or worse, family members? How many of you are against bullying?
If you are among the first group and align with the second, you may want to pump the brakes, and check yourself... you have become the bully you claim to be against.
Wearing a mask does not make you a kind person. You are either a kind person, or you aren't. A piece of cloth does not determine that trait.
On the flipside, not wearing a mask does not make a person selfish, or inconsiderate. It simply means that there may be an unseen reason why they cannot wear one. You don't know their story, and, to be quite honest, it's none of your business."
RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE’S RIGHTS TO CHOOSE WHAT’S BEST FOR THEM

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2651 on: August 01, 2020, 11:39:17 AM »
glad she survived but her life is unfortunately going to be changed forever. she has a double lung txp but it's not going to stop there. they're the hardest/most difficult organs to 'take' as far as organs go, and she's going to be battling bouts of respiratory illnesses and concerns over rejection her entire life.

they're just hard organs. literally every breath introduces antigens that may trigger an immune response in the transplanted lungs, which may or may not be good. the anti-rejection meds are crazy (and are going to affect her other organs in the future) and the road to recovery (and maintaining that state) is grueling. i wish her well but that's just tough

i haven't written my will/advanced directive yet, but in it i'm going to write that i never want to be considered for a lung txp in an end of life situation were it to come to that; just let me go. it just sucks that this beautiful young girl's life was affected to this degree because of the fckin coronavirus

Shits brutal

I'd rather be beheaded than to get a lung transplant.

Sure some of them make out okay, but many are just given slow torturous deaths

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2652 on: August 01, 2020, 01:32:00 PM »
Shits brutal

I'd rather be beheaded than to get a lung transplant.

Sure some of them make out okay, but many are just given slow torturous deaths

my views may be a little skewed by the fact that the only lung transplants i see are the ones that are admitted back to the hospital due to the various complications/setbacks they suffer, but it's enough to color my view that they'd never be worth it lol. even at my relatively young age.

for your average citizen (and a very young one, in this case) who doesn't know otherwise and whose only chance at life may be a lung transplant, you have to do it. but it's a never for me

Get on that ASAP brotha.  If your parents are still around, get in their face about doing it too.  No one wants to think about dying, but you are doing it for who you leave behind, not yourself. Everyone that is married, has kids or cares where their assets/Mangold jersey go when they kick the bucket should have a will.  Willmaker software is like $40 and is plenty fine for simple situations (most people) or even just to have something on paper until you can get a lawyer if you need one. It walks you right through almost every situation.

Everyone should have an advance medical directive unless you want to potentially have your end of life dragged out and create a pile of sorrow for your family.  Same Willmaker software does that too, as well as other documents you should have.  Make that excrement set in stone so there are no questions when the time comes.  Make sure to re-evaluate it every few years too.  Sometimes people you love become people you hate and you don't want them getting your dough or pulling your plug.  Kids happen and situations change.

As someone who lost both parents fairly recently, that excrement matters and is a world of difficulty if not done, especially if you have siblings.  Thankfully my parents had the will done already and I had the time to get their advance directives and other stuff done while they were alive. Did my Dad's right there in the hospital.

You will be relieved when it's done and collecting dust in a safe somewhere.  Then you can just forget about kicking the bucket and focus on the Jets disappointing you.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

these moments were some of the toughest times during my training. families that unexpectedly are thrown into end of life situations for their relatives and who are not able to come together to make decisions unhindered by extreme situational emotion, all the while medical personnel are doing all they can keeping the patient 'alive' and slowly watch them die

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2653 on: August 01, 2020, 01:42:48 PM »
my views may be a little skewed by the fact that the only lung transplants i see are the ones that are admitted back to the hospital due to the various complications/setbacks they suffer, but it's enough to color my view that they'd never be worth it lol. even at my relatively young age.

for your average citizen (and a very young one, in this case) who doesn't know otherwise and whose only chance at life may be a lung transplant, you have to do it. but it's a never for me

these moments were some of the toughest times during my training. families that unexpectedly are thrown into end of life situations for their relatives and who are not able to come together to make decisions unhindered by extreme situational emotion, all the while medical personnel are doing all they can keeping the patient 'alive' and slowly watch them die

Yeah I'm in the same situation with BOLTS although they're usually immediate postops that will go through months of washouts getting trached peg'd inevitable infections CRRT before dying after 6 months to a year of that excrement non stop.

I'm sure there's some success stories, but even then it only buys you a handful of years.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2654 on: August 01, 2020, 05:27:41 PM »

Well that was manipulative and stupid.

Tags: