Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 357228 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #2490 on: July 09, 2020, 06:37:11 PM »
We were just talking about Von Miller having continued lung problems. There are 20 and 30 year olds on ventilators. No one is invincible.

Unless I missed something the only thing I saw was von Miller saying he still has some shortness of breath 4 weeks after he got it.

I understand nobody is invincible. I'm suggesting that the allure of the rewards of an nfl contract for one season for an elite athlete in their 20s and 30s dramatically outweighs potential risks.

If anyone on this board (barring serious pre-existing conditions for self or a spouse/child) pass on 1 million + to work this year under conditions where you had an extremely high chance of getting covid?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2491 on: July 09, 2020, 06:50:00 PM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2492 on: July 09, 2020, 06:51:11 PM »
No, but I was on a flight from LAX, and I'm staying with my mother and grandma, so I wanted to make sure. The long delay kind of made the test useless, but I'm glad I'm good.

Yeah, good to hear you don’t have it
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2493 on: July 09, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »
Yeah, good to hear you don’t have it
He does have derriere AIDS though.  And crabs.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #2494 on: July 09, 2020, 06:57:13 PM »
I understand nobody is invincible. I'm suggesting that the allure of the rewards of an nfl contract for one season for an elite athlete in their 20s and 30s dramatically outweighs potential risks.

You're comparing one year of salary to a lifetime of earnings they'd sacrifice if they develop persistent respiratory conditions.  It's a no-brainer for guys on elite contracts under 30 to sit out the season.  Absolute no-brainer.

The guys that are going to be pushing to play are the fringe roster guys, guys earning below 1M per season who need that income.  The superstars can and should sit out.  I hate the idea of no football this year but I hate the idea of Sam Darnold retiring at 25 due to asthma much, much more. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2495 on: July 09, 2020, 07:02:46 PM »
The reality is that the overwhelming majority of these guys will be fine.  But some won't.  I wouldn't spin that wheel.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2496 on: July 09, 2020, 07:04:54 PM »
We pushed my daughter's birthday party back a week because she spiked a fever on Sunday morning but it turned out to just be roseola.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2497 on: July 09, 2020, 08:44:35 PM »
“If you can do Home Depot, if you can do Walmart, you can definitely do the schools.”

Rick DeSantis is a piece of excrement.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2498 on: July 09, 2020, 08:55:56 PM »
He does have derriere AIDS though.  And crabs.
Still waiting on those test results. Less optimistic.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2499 on: July 09, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »
The reality is that the overwhelming majority of these guys will be fine.  But some won't.  I wouldn't spin that wheel.
Exactly. The overwhelming majority will be fine. But some young people have complications. And we talk about preexisting conditions. Not everyone knows all of their preexisting conditions. NFL players are more likely to know all theirs because they get examined by doctors more than most, but you never know.

If you spun a wheel where 990 results gave you $100 million dollars, 9 results gave you permanent damage, and 1 result killed you, would you spin it? I might consider it.

But if all you're getting from a successful spin is $10 million when I already have $50 million in the bank, would you do it then?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2500 on: July 09, 2020, 09:15:07 PM »
The guy that I coached with in Louisiana that died from it was a former Division I offensive linemen that still lifted and trained at high levels. 

The heavier guys should be more concerned, honestly.  While they are definitely elite athletes for their size, their respiratory system isn't built like we'd see in skilled position athletes.   
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2501 on: July 10, 2020, 08:17:45 AM »
The U.S. Roman Catholic Church used a special and unprecedented exemption from federal rules to amass at least $1.4 billion in taxpayer-backed coronavirus aid, @AP exclusive finds. https://t.co/XH7UwxHo5B

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2502 on: July 10, 2020, 08:19:07 AM »
“If you can do Home Depot, if you can do Walmart, you can definitely do the schools.”

Rick DeSantis is a piece of excrement.
Love to spend 35-40 hours a week at Home Depot

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2503 on: July 10, 2020, 08:21:25 AM »

I kinda wish I could.  I like to roam the aisles and look at tools I've never heard of and figure out a way to justify purchasing it.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2504 on: July 10, 2020, 08:21:31 AM »

I see you're familiar with the way I do home renovation projects.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: