Author Topic: Coronavirus SZN Forever  (Read 355797 times)

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
Re: Coronavirus SZN Forever
« Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2020, 08:19:28 PM »
The point is they don't need a pay-for, they can just spend the money and the world keeps turning.

We could tax the wealthy just for fun though.

The world keeps turning... until it doesn't. There will still be inflationary effects and negative effects from using the money printer. The debt will come back eventually. Although I would tend to agree that it seems that national debt seems to have a higher threshold than previously thought, provided that other major nations also go into a load of debt.

If some sort of payment method becomes more popular/used, I don't see how the USD, along with the Euro, Yen, etc., are not in trouble, though. But that's seemingly down the road, so today's politicians can just kick the can I suppose.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1171 on: March 29, 2020, 08:30:51 PM »
I would love to tax the wealthy but they make the rules so I don’t see it happening anytime soon

With the amount of spending we will tax the wealthy. It doesn't matter who makes the rules

Trumps feeling the Bern and soon we all will be. The rich has all the money, and the United States has a massive credit card bill. You're not going to pay off several trillion dollars taxing the middle class, the money just doesn't exist

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1172 on: March 29, 2020, 08:40:06 PM »

With the amount of spending we will tax the wealthy. It doesn't matter who makes the rules

Trumps feeling the Bern and soon we all will be. The rich has all the money, and the United States has a massive credit card bill. You're not going to pay off several trillion dollars taxing the middle class, the money just doesn't exist

We literally just gave a tax break to the wealthy as a component of the stimulus deal. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1173 on: March 29, 2020, 08:44:27 PM »
We literally just gave a tax break to the wealthy as a component of the stimulus deal. 

Don’t tell the people that vote for the democrats that wrote this bill
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1174 on: March 29, 2020, 08:58:08 PM »

The tax break was to the rich and the poor

Except the actual middle class. We got fucked in the poopchute

No lube as always

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1175 on: March 29, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »
The tax break was to the rich and the poor

Yes, all the working class, average Joe's who sustained over $500,000 in real estate depreciation last year will finally get the leg up they deserve.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1176 on: March 29, 2020, 10:12:30 PM »
Yes, all the working class, average Joe's who sustained over $500,000 in real estate depreciation last year will finally get the leg up they deserve.

I don't know what you're sarcasm is referring to. But the rich got hooked up and the poor got hooked up

The middle class got dick. That's my story and I'm sticking with it

But the rent utilities tax mortgage and all other kinds of deferments are aimed at the poor. Not to mention the poor also get free money, and a huge boost to their unemployment checks.

So yes the poor absolutely got hooked up by this deal. The middle class is the ones who get fucked and benefit from next to nothing. Ironically the majority of medical people who are going to end up with PTSD from this excrement will probably benefit the least from all this.

And I'd bet money there doesn't end up being some kind of bill akin to the 9/11 rescue workers one where workers who got seriously sick/PTSD from working in dangerously unsafe conditions get taken care of. I realize it's not feasible, but nobody gives a freak about them either
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 10:19:18 PM by dcm1602 »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1177 on: March 29, 2020, 10:35:46 PM »
The world keeps turning... until it doesn't. There will still be inflationary effects and negative effects from using the money printer. The debt will come back eventually. Although I would tend to agree that it seems that national debt seems to have a higher threshold than previously thought, provided that other major nations also go into a load of debt.

If some sort of payment method becomes more popular/used, I don't see how the USD, along with the Euro, Yen, etc., are not in trouble, though. But that's seemingly down the road, so today's politicians can just kick the can I suppose.
For starters USD and the Euro are not at all comparable when it comes to deficit spending.

There is no limit to what the government can spend, only what it can buy. And we'd all be better off trying to get them to buy things that benefit us.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1178 on: March 29, 2020, 10:54:28 PM »
Light reading before bed

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/josephbernstein/elmhurst-hospital-coronavirus-ventilator-ppe-crisis?__twitter_impression=true

My MIL retired (RN) from this hospital the year my son was born. I'm so glad she's not there now.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1179 on: March 29, 2020, 11:00:37 PM »
For starters USD and the Euro are not at all comparable when it comes to deficit spending.

There is no limit to what the government can spend, only what it can buy. And we'd all be better off trying to get them to buy things that benefit us.

They're not directly comparable. But they are definitely comparable.

"There is no limit to what the government can spend" is a false truism. The German government could spend as many Deutsche marks as it wanted, but with too much inflation they couldn't print enough money to keep up with the depreciation of value.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1180 on: March 30, 2020, 03:54:43 AM »
The white house has said the goal is to keep the death

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1181 on: March 30, 2020, 03:58:17 AM »
According to the Whitehouse the goal is to keep the US death toll under 100,000.

And it sounds by some reports that that is kind of optimistic, maybe?

Here's the quote

Trump said his administration was extending the guidelines in order to avoid a major death toll. The president pointed to modeling that forecast 2.2 million deaths in the U.S. if drastic measures weren’t taken to mitigate the outbreak. Trump said the administration is working to keep the projected death toll below 100,000.   

“So if we can hold that down, as we’re saying, to 100,000, it’s a horrible number, maybe even less, but to 100,000, so we have between 100 and 200,000, we all together have done a very good job,” Trump said.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:00:41 AM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1182 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:27 AM »
The white house has said the goal is to keep the death
Bon Jovi- Keep the Death Tour 2020

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1183 on: March 30, 2020, 07:05:43 AM »
"Our death numbers are tremendous.  If we can keep them under, or maybe even over 1 million, some would say it would be the best job any president has ever done.  Yuge.  You know, the death is something I know a lot about.  No one knows more about the death than me.  Some would say I'm the greatest death expert ever.... I'll take a few questions.  Not the fat black lady though. Only the plant.....I mean big-tittied blond from the wonderful OANN, the greatest Trump News Network ever."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:09:27 AM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1184 on: March 30, 2020, 07:21:37 AM »
This is an actual advertisement from the world health organization]

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:44:34 AM by dcm1602 »

Tags: