Author Topic: 2013 Friar's Club  (Read 61900 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2013 Friar's Club
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 01:54:19 AM »
When it comes to players on my fantasy team going against the Jets, my fandom always comes first. Usually, I just hope for a lot of short passes tackled immediately. If I started Tony G, I would root for 6 catches for 1 yard.

Really, it doesn't make me root for those players against the Jets. It just makes me more pissed at touchdowns scored by other players on that team, like if they have to score a touchdown, why couldn't it at least be against my guy?

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 02:40:14 AM »
When it comes to players on my fantasy team going against the Jets, my fandom always comes first. Usually, I just hope for a lot of short passes tackled immediately. If I started Tony G, I would root for 6 catches for 1 yard.

Really, it doesn't make me root for those players against the Jets. It just makes me more pissed at touchdowns scored by other players on that team, like if they have to score a touchdown, why couldn't it at least be against my guy?

The fact that you're even thinking about what's good for your fantasy team while the Jets are playing is stupid.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 02:59:36 AM »

The fact that you're even thinking about what's good for your fantasy team while the Jets are playing is stupid.

Meh.... I get what he's saying kind of. It's not an active thought. It's kinda like they're gonna move the ball regardless so if they do might as be in garbage time or my guy.

Personally I more so go with the angle of whatever happens, happens and don't "root" for anything than a Jets win. 

Different scenario but I had Powell tonight with a chance to win in my two biggest leagues and I didn't even care because of how well the jets were doing and the general excitement of the game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:05:29 AM by JFIF »

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 03:04:02 AM »
A little more grey situation is where you have a pats/dolphins player playing another team.

I root for them to lose obviously but hope for a good individual game for the player. Again...it's not like teams are gonna score 0 points and get zero yards. And those games have varying degrees of importance.

That said. I rarely have players of either team

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 02:13:36 PM »
Just to clarify, I didn't want Tony Gonzalez to score 30 against the Jets. I only meant that I needed that to happen in order for my fantasy team to win this week. I honestly don't give a freak if my players are held off the statsheet as long as the Jets win.

However, I'll admit that I wouldn't have been disappointed if Gonzalez scored that last TD instead of Toilolo and the Jets still won.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:21:01 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
I'm in the market for a starting RB.  DMC is doing his yearly bullshit, and my backups smell of Q for next week.  Reasonable offers only please.

Oh, 3-0 this week, so yay!

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 05:45:09 PM »
SO MANY POSTS THAT WERE BAN-WORTHY.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:49:21 PM by Ignatius J Reilly »

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 11:02:04 AM »
I'm 4th in PF but only 1-4. Meh

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »
Man people love offering backup RBs for starters in this league

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 12:22:57 PM »
I'm 4th in PF but only 1-4. Meh

I'm 5th, but likely to be 2-4 after this week facing the juggernaut.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
I'm 5th, but likely to be 2-4 after this week facing the juggernaut.

As I proved last week, he's beatable.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 05:38:20 PM »
As I proved last week, he's beatable.

Anyone's beatable.  It's just unlikely.  He's built a great team this year.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
Just to clarify, I didn't want Tony Gonzalez to score 30 against the Jets. I only meant that I needed that to happen in order for my fantasy team to win this week. I honestly don't give a freak if my players are held off the statsheet as long as the Jets win.

However, I'll admit that I wouldn't have been disappointed if Gonzalez scored that last TD instead of Toilolo and the Jets still won.

Your Wilson for foster offer was tempting given Wilson's keeper round, but not quite ready to give up on the season. Foster coming back into form, Blackmon's return and Manning's dominance gives me a little hope to backdoor into the playoffs.

Just need some better luck. 3rd in PA sucks

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:51:04 PM by JFIF »

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 06:14:24 PM »

Your Wilson for foster offer was tempting given Wilson's keeper round, but not quite ready to give up on the season. Foster coming back into form, Blackmon's return and Manning's dominance gives me a little hope to backdoor into the playoffs.

I love the idea of that trade.  Don't think I would have taken it either, but at the trade deadline it might make sense.  Wilson's franchised, so he can be kept forever in the same spot unless you're planning to use that on Lacy.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 09:55:09 PM »

The offer will remain open until/unless Wilson gets healthy and actually starts producing.