Author Topic: Super Bowl LIV  (Read 8519 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Super Bowl LIV
« on: January 20, 2020, 11:01:58 PM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Super Bowl LIV
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 12:16:40 PM »
Both teams that I wanted to win lost.

But I'll still enjoy it because it will distinctly lack Massholes.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
Not often I get to see a team in the Super Bowl that I've never seen it it before. Not many left, KC was one, NYJ are another.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 02:04:08 PM »
I don't really have any desire to see the Super Bowl.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 06:31:12 PM »
I boycotted the last two, I'm back on board now.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 08:08:06 PM »
I boycotted the last two, I'm back on board now.

I hope Reid wins, that's about it.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 11:10:34 AM »

Other than rooting against the Pats, I'm always more interested in the food and commercials than the game. At least I won't have the Massholes to distract me this year.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 11:15:00 AM »

This is actually the first year in a couple that I'm interested in the game. The sub-plot of redemption for either coach given their history (Shanahan was the offensive coordinator for the greatest collapse in super bowl history-Reid's history is well documented), the question of how either quarterback is going to play under the brightest of lights, the fact that neither team has won in a long time (94 for the 9ers, 70 for the Chiefs), I'm into it. I'm interested to see whether or not the Chiefs defense can continue their trajectory and stop what's become just an absolute devastating running game for he 9ers, and whether their pass protection can hold up against that stacked d-line. The petty part of me would love to see Kittle posterize Darron Lee in the end zone.

Oddly enough Montana played for both teams, I wonder if they'll bring him out in some capacity as part of an NFL 100 celebration.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 11:46:01 AM »
I mentally blocked out last years SB but just heard that there was 1 play run in the red zone the entire game for either team - the Sony Michel TD.

What an awful game. Out of all the SBs the Patriots barely scraped by to win (Vinateri x3, Pete Carroll, 28-3) this one may have been the worst because they did the least to deserve it.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »
I mentally blocked out last years SB but just heard that there was 1 play run in the red zone the entire game for either team - the Sony Michel TD.

What an awful game. Out of all the SBs the Patriots barely scraped by to win (Vinateri x3, Pete Carroll, 28-3) this one may have been the worst because they did the least to deserve it.
Feeling extremely vindicated reading this post

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 06:14:47 PM »
What an awful game. Out of all the SBs the Patriots barely scraped by to win (Vinateri x3, Pete Carroll, 28-3) this one may have been the worst because Brady did the least to deserve it.

fyp.  Of all the nipple-rubbing Bill Belichick has done in the past 20 years, I'll bet he rubbed hardest to 13 - 3.

WD40

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2020, 07:49:05 AM »
I am a fan of Rany Jazyierli's writing on Kansas City teams.  He writes from the perspective of a middle aged dude that has never seen his team in the Super Bowl.  This ... resonated with me at least.  Seafood, I suspect you'll like this one too.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2020/1/28/21107891/kansas-city-chiefs-fandom-super-bowl-breakthrough

Anyway, I'll root for the Chiefs, despite Angelo Cataldi's best efforts otherwise.  For those that don't live in the Philly area, Cataldi is the sports host on 94.1 FM and he has just ripped Andy Reid daily for the last week solid.  "They're a bunch of criminals!"  (Not entirely untrue, I guess)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 10:57:48 AM »
This is actually the first year in a couple that I'm interested in the game. The sub-plot of redemption for either coach given their history (Shanahan was the offensive coordinator for the greatest collapse in super bowl history-Reid's history is well documented), the question of how either quarterback is going to play under the brightest of lights, the fact that neither team has won in a long time (94 for the 9ers, 70 for the Chiefs), I'm into it. I'm interested to see whether or not the Chiefs defense can continue their trajectory and stop what's become just an absolute devastating running game for he 9ers, and whether their pass protection can hold up against that stacked d-line. The petty part of me would love to see Kittle posterize Darron Lee in the end zone.

Oddly enough Montana played for both teams, I wonder if they'll bring him out in some capacity as part of an NFL 100 celebration.
I've seen that he was offered the coin flip, but Joe dosent do excrement unless Joe gets paid.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 11:00:19 AM »
I am a fan of Rany Jazyierli's writing on Kansas City teams.  He writes from the perspective of a middle aged dude that has never seen his team in the Super Bowl.  This ... resonated with me at least.  Seafood, I suspect you'll like this one too.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/2020/1/28/21107891/kansas-city-chiefs-fandom-super-bowl-breakthrough

Anyway, I'll root for the Chiefs, despite Angelo Cataldi's best efforts otherwise.  For those that don't live in the Philly area, Cataldi is the sports host on 94.1 FM and he has just ripped Andy Reid daily for the last week solid.  "They're a bunch of criminals!"  (Not entirely untrue, I guess)

That was good. I'll say this, during their 50 years they had a lot more chances, home playoff games and division titles. Our drought is not only one year longer until now, it's a lot dryer. Two division titles, four AFC Championship Games all on the road, five home playoff games total, four of them in the Wild Card round.

One highlight, KC's one playoff appearance he referenced from 1971-1990 was the 1986 Wild Card game at the Meadowlands, we won 35-15, I was there.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2020, 07:53:33 PM »
Who else takes Monday after the SB off religiously?

Tags: