Author Topic: Houston Astros*  (Read 37341 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Houston Astros*
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2020, 08:08:16 AM »
We should also address, I think, how ludicrous it is that we're still signaling between pitcher and catcher with nail polish in the crotch. Why doesn't baseball just put a mic in the catcher's helmet and an earpiece in the pitcher's ear and then this all goes away?

1000% agree
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 10:11:08 AM by SixFeetDeep »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »
justin verlander said he was happy to be a part of the astros organization, and then given the climate of this all felt it was okay to make a joke of things and say the astros were very technologically and politically advanced

people at the BBWAA dinner were laughing and clapping

fvck this excrement

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2020, 12:37:10 PM »
Verlander just joked that "everyone knows the Astros are technologically analytically advanced." CC, 5 feet away, looks freakin' pissed.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
We should also address, I think, how ludicrous it is that we're still signaling between pitcher and catcher with nail polish in the crotch. Why doesn't baseball just put a mic in the catcher's helmet and an earpiece in the pitcher's ear and then this all goes away?

I've heard this solution, but not sure how it solves the problem. The batter can then just listen to the catcher speaking.

Maybe do it the other way around? Where the pitcher could cover his mouth with his glove and tell the catcher what he's planning to throw?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2020, 01:25:30 PM »
I've heard this solution, but not sure how it solves the problem. The batter can then just listen to the catcher speaking.

Maybe do it the other way around? Where the pitcher could cover his mouth with his glove and tell the catcher what he's planning to throw?
It's not very difficult for a team to come up with a code just as a football offense does, in fact it's more simple as there are really only a couple of variables to communicate rather than a book of 80+ plays.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2020, 01:31:09 PM »
people at the BBWAA dinner were laughing and clapping

See the discussion about the Hall of Fame that happened last week. Glad to see it wasn't just me who regards these people as just the biggest douchebags alive.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2020, 10:15:30 AM »
dusty baker new Astros manager

Lolololol

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:11 AM »
“I think walks are overrated unless you can run. If you get a walk and put the pitcher in a stretch, that helps. But the guy who walks and can’t run, most of the time they’re clogging up the bases for somebody who can run.”–former Cubs manager Dusty Baker

ALL SUMMER LONG

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2020, 10:17:17 AM »
dusty baker new Astros manager

Lolololol
I was hoping it would be John Gibbons.  He's the mgr the Astros deserve.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2020, 11:26:18 AM »
I was hoping it would be John Gibbons.  He's the mgr the Astros deserve.

How beautiful would it be if they hired him as bench coach?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »
And people were saying they weren't punished enough

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2020, 01:15:30 PM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2020, 01:36:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/adams_at/status/1222506644761911296?s=21

Sheeeeeeeesh

Jeez

And the points made in the replies matter too. Bangs only account for offspeed pitches. Silence is a factor too because it signals a likely fastball.

Probably also doesn't account for early in a game when they were determining the sign sequence, then later in games when teams adjusted.

It's beyond comprehension how MLB predetermined no players would be punished or that the title would not be vacated.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »
Jeez

And the points made in the replies matter too. Bangs only account for offspeed pitches. Silence is a factor too because it signals a likely fastball.

Probably also doesn't account for early in a game when they were determining the sign sequence, then later in games when teams adjusted.

It's beyond comprehension how MLB predetermined no players would be punished or that the title would not be vacated.

Manfred did that thinking those who were out for blood would be satisfied with the MLB imposed penalty on the Stros and the certainty that their braintrust would be out.

I don't think he was banking on the complete and total PR disaster that the Astros players have become as they attempt to navigate this situation.

Put it to you this way, if I was an opposing pitcher on an NL team playing the Astros in interleague play in my home ballpark and Verlander comes up to bat, he's getting one right in his back.

Tags: