Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL thread  (Read 19310 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: 2019-2020 NHL thread
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 11:31:24 AM »
Vegas fired Gallant and hired De Boer because reasons.

I'm a huge fan of DeBoer in terms of taking over a veteran team. Having to play the kids in a rebuild? Not so much.

Still, I'd love to see the Devils take a run at Gallant.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 11:32:24 AM »
Vegas fired Gallant and hired De Boer because reasons.
That’s a downgrade imo
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 11:33:18 AM »
I'm a huge fan of DeBoer in terms of taking over a veteran team. Having to play the kids in a rebuild? Not so much.

Still, I'd love to see the Devils take a run at Gallant.
If he's got any sense he'll sit on his Vegas payoff for a few months and then take the Seattle job, he'd have to be the prime candidate given how successfully he built a team from a collection of parts in Vegas.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 11:33:49 AM »
That’s a downgrade imo
Big time. Stupid move, but I expect nothing less from McPhee.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 11:42:29 AM »
Big time. Stupid move, but I expect nothing less from McPhee.

Everyone acts like McPhee has done this incredible job with the Golden Knights.

The fact of the matter is the expansion draft was absolutely stacked, and he was the beneficiary of a complete and total giveaway on the part of the Panthers regarding Marchessault. It wasn't this gigantic task like we see with other expansion teams because the terms of their entry into the league were unbelievably favorable.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 11:43:46 AM »
Everyone acts like McPhee has done this incredible job with the Golden Knights.

The fact of the matter is the expansion draft was absolutely stacked, and he was the beneficiary of a complete and total giveaway on the part of the Panthers regarding Marchessault. It wasn't this gigantic task like we see with other expansion teams because the terms of their entry into the league were unbelievably favorable.
You're singing to the choir on that one, I can't stand McPhee.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 11:46:25 AM »
i really wonder what the catalyst for the change was? was being 3 pts out of first not good enough?

deboer of all freaking people, honestly. least sj will get to watch him plateau and crash a different franchise this time...

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 11:48:02 AM »
gallants gonna be a hot name first the next available role though. he didnt do anything special but theres a lack of "special" coaches right now

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 11:52:02 AM »
I'm biased when it comes to Pete because I saw him take a team that decidedly had less talent than either the Flyers or the Rangers in 12 past both on their way to a finals appearance.

If Mark Fayne doesn't miss a wide open net in game 1 against the Kings, it's a different series.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 12:07:40 PM »
i really wonder what the catalyst for the change was? was being 3 pts out of first not good enough?

Lou once fired someone a week before the playoffs with over 100 points and home ice, took over the team himself. I want to say it was Claude Julien, possibly Larry Robinson. Hoping it was Julien. We got to the second round with Lou behind the bench, like 2006 or 2007.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 12:15:33 PM »
Lou once fired someone a week before the playoffs with over 100 points and home ice, took over the team himself. I want to say it was Claude Julien, possibly Larry Robinson. Hoping it was Julien. We got to the second round with Lou behind the bench, like 2006 or 2007.

He did it to Julien AND Robbie Ftorek.

The story goes regarding Julien that he completely lost control of the locker room. Madden was literally taking shots at him during a practice.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »
He did it to Julien AND Robbie Ftorek.

The story goes regarding Julien that he completely lost control of the locker room. Madden was literally taking shots at him during a practice.

That's right, didn't he replace Ftorek with Robinson? I think that was the 2000 Cup winning team, which might be why he tried it again.

Madden was a total badass, remember him coming back into that playoff game with the stitches across his face? That same night I was watching a Dodger game, some guy fell on the grass and was out for six weeks.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2020, 01:31:11 PM »
That's right, didn't he replace Ftorek with Robinson? I think that was the 2000 Cup winning team, which might be why he tried it again.

Madden was a total badass, remember him coming back into that playoff game with the stitches across his face? That same night I was watching a Dodger game, some guy fell on the grass and was out for six weeks.

Yessir. Robinson came in and they wound up winning the cup against Dallas.

The insane thing is, you could absolutely make the argument that the team that lost to the Av's in the finals was better than any of the cup winning teams.

Madden was the man. I don't know what he's doing now, he had been coaching the Cleveland Monsters for the last couple years.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2020, 02:25:16 PM »
Yessir. Robinson came in and they wound up winning the cup against Dallas.

The insane thing is, you could absolutely make the argument that the team that lost to the Av's in the finals was better than any of the cup winning teams.

Madden was the man. I don't know what he's doing now, he had been coaching the Cleveland Monsters for the last couple years.

I think those two seasons, 1999-2000 and 2000-01 were the best Devils teams ever. You had the A line with Gomez and Mogilny as the second line, Stevens still good on D, Neidermayer and Brodeur in their primes, guys like Madden, just a great team.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 07:45:51 PM »
Why is Schneider playing? Is this a rerun?

Tags: