Author Topic: New York Jets 2020 Offseason  (Read 48334 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: New York Jets 2020 Offseason
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2019, 09:56:57 AM »
We all wanted Hank back. But that was a contract at the time we were all surprised by. No one was going to give him that much money. Then he was significantly under performed last years play this year.

That deal is in its own way going to be just as bad as Trumaines. Anderson has been outperformed by a UDFA and 3 younger players than him in Phillips, Fatukasi, Sheppard and Williams. He has the place in the rotation equivalent to a vet minimum guy. That’s as bad a deal as we have given out.

And I love Anderson and am glad he’s a part of our team
That deal is not in same stratosphere of bad as Trumaine Johnson's.  TJ's is historically bad.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2019, 10:27:48 AM »
That deal is not in same stratosphere of bad as Trumaine Johnson's.  TJ's is historically bad.

It’s a bit of an exaggeration, but it’s not insane. Bare bones production, limited playing time contributions and drastically overpaid. Isn’t Hank getting over $10 million this year? That’s insane I have to check OTC

Edit: turns out he got $10 million this year and has a 2019 and 2020 cap number of $8.33 million. Not as bad as I thought but still atrocious. He accounted for 3.88% of our cap.

Not sure how accurate Jason’s estimates are but he estimated Anderson’s worth at a $1.71 million dollar deal for 2019.

By comparison Trumaine was 5.95% of our cap this year and was valued by Jason at $893,000 this year.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:39:33 AM by Libero_2 »
Need a new one for a new board...

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2019, 05:53:41 PM »
Didn’t realize White Wilkerson was that bad this year. Always liked him as a player but now that I think about it he was invisible

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2019, 07:20:25 PM »
Robby will be 27 by the time the season starts.  When is he going to become a number 1 receiver when hes 30?

Hes improved alot but hes never going to be successful on in breaking routes across the middle.  Hes just not built like that.

If he can keep doing what he's doing, that's fine too. Hopefully we'll have one or both of our TEs back and a possession WR is easier to find than a 6-3 guy who can stretch the field.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2019, 07:36:57 PM »
Didn’t realize White Wilkerson was that bad this year. Always liked him as a player but now that I think about it he was invisible
Yeah it didn't occur to me until late in the season how suddenly he disappeared.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2019, 10:07:50 PM »
I honestly forgot Anderson existed after week 3.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2019, 07:48:05 AM »
Wasn't Hank injured a lot? Regardless, he was invisible, but I feel like every time I heard his name it was because he was limping off the field. I think he also had a concussion early in the year.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2019, 08:27:36 AM »
is Ngakoue going to make it to FA?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2019, 08:47:49 AM »

I’d rather pay Matt Judon
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2019, 10:21:24 AM »
I’d rather pay Matt Judon

one of the things I like about Ngakoue is the age/youth factor over the length of his contract (will be 25 this upcoming football season), but Judon would be very nice too. elite twitter handle as well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2019, 10:28:35 AM »
Leonard Williams is available
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2019, 10:33:31 AM »

With the amount of talent that defense has bled off in the last two years, and the combination of cap space/desperation, I'd be shocked if he isn't tagged.

I'd expect him, Dak if the Cowboys can't get him locked down, Tannehill if he doesn't get a new deal from the Titans before he hits FA, Brandon Scherff, Clowney, Jameis (despite Arians performance yesterday), and Chris Jones of the Chiefs to get tagged.

Cowboys have a real mess on their hands considering it appears Dak is headed for the tag and they have Amari and Byron Jones both hitting free agency.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2019, 12:33:26 PM »
Douglas speaking to the media today. Looking forward to seeing what he does this off season, glad we're not out there now trying to hire someone.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2019, 12:43:55 PM »
Douglas speaking to the media today. Looking forward to seeing what he does this off season, glad we're not out there now trying to hire someone.

we're just delaying the inevitable.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2019, 12:59:04 PM »
we're just delaying the inevitable.

So is everyone when you think about it. Douglas has been here 6 months, that's who I was referring to. I feel like he has a real advantage over a GM just being hired now.

Tags: