Author Topic: New York Jets 2020 Offseason  (Read 48325 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: New York Jets 2020 Offseason
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 08:39:52 AM »
I suspect Robby will want to be paid like a top 10 WR and I’m reluctant to pay him as such.

It's true. Paying him top 10 money is going to put him at a salary higher than guys like Davante Adams and Stephon Diggs at around 16 million per season. No thanks.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 08:40:57 AM »
He's not a #1 and never will be.  He can be a very good #2. 

What holds him back in your opinion? I'm discounting any off the field stuff, just looking at his game. Hands have improved, size and speed is there.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2019, 08:44:57 AM »
What holds him back in your opinion? I'm discounting any off the field stuff, just looking at his game. Hands have improved, size and speed is there.

He is tall but he is not physical

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2019, 08:46:45 AM »
I actually thought his numbers were better than they really are. Last two years he’s averaged about 55 catches, 6 TD. and 750 yards a season. Tough to command 15 million a year with those numbers. It’s WR2 money for me but I can’t see Robby settling for that

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »
I actually thought his numbers were better than they really are. Last two years he’s averaged about 55 catches, 6 TD. and 750 yards a season. Tough to command 15 million a year with those numbers. It’s WR2 money for me but I can’t see Robby settling for that
Other GMs will look at him as a player held back by the offense he's in and that he'll put up bigger numbers elsewhere.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2019, 08:54:55 AM »

If Robby is willing to take something comparable to Tyrell Williams money, I'd give it to him in light of the lack of depth at the position and the sake of continuity around Darnold.

No way am I paying him 15-16 mil a year. At that point, hope Amari hits the market (which is something I thought wouldn't happen as recently as two weeks ago and now I'm not so sure) and dump 20 mil on him.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2019, 08:57:44 AM »
He is tall but he is not physical

Gotcha. He did make some tough, contested catches this year but yeah, for his size not a possession type WR over the middle like Keyshawn or Toon was, not yet.

To be clear, I don't think he's a #1 but feel he has the tools to be one. He's gone from UDFA to where he is now and has improved hanging onto the ball from where he was.

Given our O line needs, I don't suggest we shop for or draft a top WR with the resources we have. I'd rather keep Anderson if the money is right and let him continue to grow together with Darnold. Whether that's a #1 or #2, if he's a #2 we can look for #1 in a year or two when we're further along. They seem to come available more than top players at most other positions.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 09:03:18 AM »
I don't know that it matters whether he's a number 1 or 2.  I think if you get him with Mahomes, Rodgers, Matt Ryan, etc and keep him out of jail, he could put up big numbers and open up things underneath for everyone else.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »
https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

Thats the early FA list by position.

definitely some interesting names on the list

A couple things here.

1.  There is no way anyone trades for Leveon with all the talent at running back available
2.  I'm curious what Breshad Perriman fetches, especially in comparison to Robby
3.  I cant believe Vernon Davis is 36.  I'm old.
4.  Didnt realize that Beachum, shell, and Qvale are all Free Agents.  Theres a good chance we bring back beachum for continuity sake.
5.  Cb class is pretty terrible better hope we can resign poole

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2019, 09:13:28 AM »
A couple things here.

1.  There is no way anyone trades for Leveon with all the talent at running back available
2.  I'm curious what Breshad Perriman fetches, especially in comparison to Robby
3.  I cant believe Vernon Davis is 36.  I'm old.
4.  Didnt realize that Beachum, shell, and Qvale are all Free Agents.  Theres a good chance we bring back beachum for continuity sake.
5.  Cb class is pretty terrible better hope we can resign poole

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2019, 09:15:10 AM »
Gotcha. He did make some tough, contested catches this year but yeah, for his size not a possession type WR over the middle like Keyshawn or Toon was, not yet.

To be clear, I don't think he's a #1 but feel he has the tools to be one. He's gone from UDFA to where he is now and has improved hanging onto the ball from where he was.

Given our O line needs, I don't suggest we shop for or draft a top WR with the resources we have. I'd rather keep Anderson if the money is right and let him continue to grow together with Darnold. Whether that's a #1 or #2, if he's a #2 we can look for #1 in a year or two when we're further along. They seem to come available more than top players at most other positions.
Robby will be 27 by the time the season starts.  When is he going to become a number 1 receiver when hes 30?

Hes improved alot but hes never going to be successful on in breaking routes across the middle.  Hes just not built like that.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2019, 09:15:40 AM »
It's a weird WR market as well.

AB will obviously be available, with all of the baggage (and possibly a looming suspension) that comes with him.

AJ Green likely gets franchised. How could you possibly not want to surround Burrow with a weapon/professional of that calibur.

I thought there was no shot Amari hits the open market, even with the Cowboys cap situation. Then he had a late season disappearing act, and Michael Gallup emerged.

Brashad Perriman is an interesting possibility for teams that would otherwise be in the Robby market looking for what they perceive to be an underutilized asset that can be a good teams #2 receiver.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 09:24:59 AM by mj2sexay »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2019, 09:32:46 AM »
Looks like we're stuck with Henry Anderson for another year, but that was a excrement contract.  Can't blame Duff for re-signing him, just didn't work out. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2019, 09:40:48 AM »
Looks like we're stuck with Henry Anderson for another year, but that was a excrement contract.  Can't blame Duff for re-signing him, just didn't work out. 

We all wanted Hank back. But that was a contract at the time we were all surprised by. No one was going to give him that much money. Then he was significantly under performed last years play this year.

That deal is in its own way going to be just as bad as Trumaines. Anderson has been outperformed by a UDFA and 3 younger players than him in Phillips, Fatukasi, Sheppard and Williams. He has the place in the rotation equivalent to a vet minimum guy. That’s as bad a deal as we have given out.

And I love Anderson and am glad he’s a part of our team
Need a new one for a new board...

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2019, 09:52:30 AM »
We all wanted Hank back. But that was a contract at the time we were all surprised by. No one was going to give him that much money. Then he was significantly under performed last years play this year.

That deal is in its own way going to be just as bad as Trumaines. Anderson has been outperformed by a UDFA and 3 younger players than him in Phillips, Fatukasi, Sheppard and Williams. He has the place in the rotation equivalent to a vet minimum guy. That’s as bad a deal as we have given out.

And I love Anderson and am glad he’s a part of our team

Another Mikey Macc joint.

But we'll continue to conveniently forget how bad the cupboard was when wanting Gase run out of town after a season.

Tags: