Author Topic: New York Jets 2020 Offseason  (Read 48165 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
New York Jets 2020 Offseason
« on: December 29, 2019, 05:34:10 PM »
Aside from our quarterback getting mono and missing multiple games, the biggest headscratcher of this season was CJ Mosley's injury and how it was handled. 

I'm really hoping we will see the training staff fired as soon as possible.  We had 20+ players on IR.  Time for a change there.

It'd be nice to see Adam Gase make a few changes to the offensive staff as well, but I doubt we'll see it.  It'd be a big step forward for him to delegate some of his responsibilities on the offensive side of the ball to other coaches. 

---

Free Agency

This is Joe Douglas' first big test as NYJ GM.  He absolutely has to re-sign some key players like Brian Poole and Jordan Jenkins.  Robby Anderson is a big what if right now, but for Sam's sake, I hope he stays.

Offensive line, receiver, and cornerback should be our top areas to target in FA this year.

---

NFL Draft

Looking like we'll end up with the 11th or 12th overall pick, putting us in range with a solid OT, WR, EDGE, or CB prospect.

OT:  Iowa's Tristan Wirfs, Alabama's Jedrick Wills, and Louisville's Mekhi Becton

WR:  Oklahoma's Ceedee Lamb, Clemson's Tee Higgins, and Alabama's Henry Ruggs

EDGE:  Iowa's AJ Epenesa and LSU's K'Lavon Chaisson

CB:  Ohio State's Shaun Wade, LSU's Kristian Fulton, and Alabama's Trevon Diggs

I want the best available offensive tackle or a trade back.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:36:00 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: New York Jets 2020 Offseason
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 05:36:36 PM »
Anything less than a kicker in the 6th and a few late round gords and I'm out.

In all seriousness, I'd like to see us get a kicker as an UDFA or something.  I'd rather fail with a kicker who hasn't failed with 12 other teams.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 05:38:49 PM by bojanglesman »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 06:24:21 PM »
I think Robby will get paid by someone else more than the Jets should consider paying.  The Jets shouldn't pay him $14 million per year.  He'd be so good with a top tier QB with an arm like Rodgers or Mahomes. 

I bet the Jets keep Bell mainly because there won't be any reasonable takers.  If you have to pay half his salary just to be able to get a 5th rounder or some excrement for him, might as well keep him.

Please God, keep Adams.  Even if they don't get a deal done this year, don't trade him.  You pray you get a guy like that when you draft.  Why trade him away?  He's a difference maker.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 06:32:00 PM »
I think Robby will get paid by someone else more than the Jets should consider paying.  The Jets shouldn't pay him $14 million per year.  He'd be so good with a top tier QB with an arm like Rodgers or Mahomes. 

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 07:04:17 PM »
Hoping we can keep Anderson, I think he can evolve into a #1 WR. Has the size and speed, works well with Darnold.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 07:12:21 PM »
Hoping we can keep Anderson, I think he can evolve into a #1 WR. Has the size and speed, works well with Darnold.

He's not a #1 and never will be.  He can be a very good #2. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 08:00:13 PM »
Picking in the 10-12 range should be a good position to grab one of the top 3 OTs.

Hopefully Douglas can also hit on the middle rounds. We’ll need the second day to at least add competition for starting positions, if not starters outright.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 08:35:57 PM »
I suspect Robby will want to be paid like a top 10 WR and I’m reluctant to pay him as such.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 08:38:53 PM »

I bet the Jets keep Bell mainly because there won't be any reasonable takers.  If you have to pay half his salary just to be able to get a 5th rounder or some excrement for him, might as well keep him.

Please God, keep Adams.  Even if they don't get a deal done this year, don't trade him.  You pray you get a guy like that when you draft.  Why trade him away?  He's a difference maker.

I don't see the Jets keeping Bell

While I want to get rid of him

I also think Gase has made up his mind on Bell and wants him gone no matter what. Plus he's mad stubborn

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 08:47:51 PM »
1. Get 3 new starting OL.
2. Get a quality outside receiver (or 2 if Anderson walks).
3. Get at least one quality outside cornerback.
4. Get a young RB to complement Bell and groom for 2021. If Bell is gone, play the kid and a veteran.
5. Get some competition at kicker.

I would love to trade down in the draft, but I literally say that every year and it isnt always realistic.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 09:05:42 PM »
I’d be shocked if Anderson was still on this team next season, especially after we were shopping him at the deadline.

I’d be very upset if he went to the Giants.

I’d be even more upset if Sam Ficken was still on this team next season.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 09:10:52 PM »
I’d be shocked if Anderson was still on this team next season, especially after we were shopping him at the deadline.

I’d be very upset if he went to the Giants.

I’d be even more upset if Sam Ficken was still on this team next season.
I think the Jets will do everything they can to keep Anderson except overpay for him.  Especially with a deep WR class in the draft.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 09:15:25 PM »
If you told me we went 7-9 in 2019 I would be hapy because chances were that meant Sam played well and likely carried this team through games.  Seeing as that didn't happen I'm really pissed off at how this season turned out. 

I'm not exaggerating when I say if we dont use 85% of our draft picks on the offensive side of the ball I will be disappointed.  Get this kid as much help as humanly possible and be damned the result of the score.  We need Sam happy, healthy and progressing.  Gregg can make chicken salad out of chicken excrement.  We can be successful with a middle tier defense if sam improves and our special team reverts back to past years

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 11:24:39 PM »
We should sign Bud Dupree

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2019, 08:31:57 AM »
https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

Thats the early FA list by position.