Author Topic: 2021 Mets Thread  (Read 26534 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: 2020 Mets Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2020, 07:33:38 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2020, 09:57:37 PM »
Wtf was Wyatt twitter saga

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2020, 10:31:11 PM »
Wtf was Wyatt twitter saga

“Gase’s burner”

I didn’t read the bracket but I’m sure we could come up with a much better one

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2020, 03:47:55 PM »
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28948489/mets-noah-syndergaard-expected-undergo-tommy-john-surgery

New York Mets right-hander Noah Syndergaard has a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow and will undergo Tommy John surgery this week, the team announced Tuesday.

Dr. David Altchek will perform the surgery Thursday at the Hospital for Special Surgery, according to the Mets.

"After experiencing discomfort in his elbow before Spring Training was suspended due to the pandemic, Noah and our health and performance department have been in constant contact," Mets general manager Brodie Van Wagenen said in a statement. "Based on the persistence of his symptoms, Noah underwent a physical examination and MRI that revealed the ligament tear. A second opinion from Dr. Neal ElAttrache confirmed the diagnosis and the recommendation for surgery.

"Noah is an incredibly hard worker and a tremendous talent. While this is unfortunate, we have no doubt that Noah will be able to return to full strength and continue to be an integral part of our Championship pursuits in the future."

Syndergaard, 27, who is one of the hardest-throwing starting pitchers in baseball history and has among the best arsenals of pitches in the game, was expected to anchor the Mets' rotation alongside ace Jacob deGrom.

Syndergaard threw a career-high 197⅔ innings last season, and while his ERA was a career-worst 4.28, his combination of health and stuff foretold good things.

The health end did not hold up, and Syndergaard will be sidelined until at earliest April 2021 -- and more likely until the early summer. He is the second high-profile pitcher to need Tommy John surgery in recent days, with Boston Red Sox ace Chris Sale confirming he would undergo the elbow reconstruction surgery.

Syndergaard, acquired by the Mets in 2012 when they traded Cy Young winner R.A. Dickey to Toronto, was an instant phenom. His fastball consistently hit 100 mph, he ripped off sliders as fast as 93 mph, and he struck out 166 in 150 innings as a 22-year-old rookie in 2015. His best year came in 2016, when he was an All-Star and posted a 2.60 ERA in 183⅔ innings.

Injuries wiped out most of Syndergaard's 2017 season and shortened his 2018. He planned to join deGrom and Marcus Stroman atop the Mets' rotation, with Steven Matz, Rick Porcello and Michael Wacha filling out the last two spots.

With baseball sidelined until at least May because of the coronavirus outbreak, the Mets now won't have to choose among the final three for a rotation spot. Their prospects for 2020, which were bright during a strong spring, grow that much more difficult in a National League East with defending World Series champion Washington, defending division winner Atlanta and a Philadelphia team with playoff aspirations.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2020, 04:51:12 PM »
Wow, awful.

But I said this previously about Severino and Sale. If you're ever gonna need TJ, this would be the year to have it.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2020, 08:56:31 PM »
Looking forward to 2021.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2020, 09:33:15 PM »
Wow, awful.

But I said this previously about Severino and Sale. If you're ever gonna need TJ, this would be the year to have it.

I said this about Severino. Guys that throw 100mph are a pretty good bet to require Tommy John eventually

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2020, 10:26:53 PM »
i think hes got a good shot to be able to work around a potential loss of power, if he can dial it back a bit and get more control. shooooot

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2020, 07:14:21 AM »
The Mets selected CF Pete Crow-Armstrong in the first round of last night's draft.  His mom (Ashley Crow) is the actress that played Clare Bennett's mom in Heroes.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2020, 02:13:04 PM »
Mets starter Marcus Stroman has opted out of the 2020 season. He has accrued enough service time to reach free agency this winter. He'll do so not having thrown a big league pitch this year.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2020, 02:22:08 PM »
In the end, the Mets traded Anthony Kay, who's already a serviceable major league pitcher, and Simeon Woods-Richardson, who scouts really like and think can be a good major league starter, for 11 games of Marcus Stroman on what wound up being a third-place team.

Passan going in

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2020, 02:24:55 PM »
Passan going in
Kay looks pretty good...will be a good back end starter next year
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »
GM BVW is his twitter handle, GM BVW LMFAOOOOOOooooooooo

Tags: