Author Topic: 2021 Mets Thread  (Read 26582 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: 2020 Mets Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 06:40:07 PM »
It's just like the Wilpons to succumb to public pressure once the dirt is public but not to take any action before. You'd think they'd consider Beltran a kindred spirit given their history.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »
I hope they hire Eduardo Perez instead of going back to Terry.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 06:47:09 PM »
Steve Cohen can't get here fast enough

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 04:34:11 PM »
Statement from #Mets ownership on reports that Steve Cohen is backing out of deal to purchase majority stake in club: “The parties are subject to confidentiality obligations, including a mutual non-disclosure agreement, and therefore cannot comment.”

Usually I would troll here but I feel kinda bad for putting AR’s comeback on hold
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 05:17:34 PM »
i'm full of bullshit and i say stuff like this all the time, but i've really reached the tipping point with some of the teams that i follow. it's been too much for too long, without much in return. i am just about done with the knicks. it's all just BS rumors right now but if the wilpons are still going to be here for the foreseeable future and cohen is actually backing out, no more of my thoughts, let alone my time or resources, will be going to the mets

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 05:44:59 PM »
The Coupons are really freaking up this team.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2020, 06:26:36 PM »
Apparently the Wilpons and Brodie never had the good sense to ask Beltran about the Astros' sign-stealing allegations after the reports came out in November. That's damnable yet entirely unsurprising.

I like to think he was trying to tell them while they jammed their fingers in their ears and screamed "Lalalalalala".
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2020, 07:09:10 PM »
i'm full of bullshit and i say stuff like this all the time, but i've really reached the tipping point with some of the teams that i follow. it's been too much for too long, without much in return. i am just about done with the knicks. it's all just BS rumors right now but if the wilpons are still going to be here for the foreseeable future and cohen is actually backing out, no more of my thoughts, let alone my time or resources, will be going to the mets
Wilpons are Dodgers fans.  Switch trains  : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeipowTZ9F8

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2020, 07:47:23 PM »
Usually I would troll here but I feel kinda bad for putting AR’s comeback on hold

The fact that you couldn't resist bumping this thread to share that tells people all they really need to know about you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:00:40 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2020, 08:03:40 PM »
The Wilpons can't be killed with conventional weapons

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »
The fact that you couldn't resist bumping this thread to share that tells people all they really need to know about you.

lol
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2020, 11:10:55 AM »

It's unbelievable how I can look at the Johnson's and their inability to run a franchise, then look across the rest of the New York ownership landscape, see Dolan and Wilpon, shrug and go, "well it could be worse."

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!

I'm so appreciative of the Steinbrenner's its not even funny.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2020, 10:11:35 PM »
Sale to Cohen is DOA. Shame.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »
Heyman reporting that the team will still be sold and that Cohen won't be given the chance to buy any other team.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2020, 03:16:58 AM »
Heyman reporting that the team will still be sold and that Cohen won't be given the chance to buy any other team.

great to see the wilpons getting protected by the commissioner once again when it was obviously foul excrement from their end that made the deal fall through. they are at the point where they know their legacy as met owners will be nothing but trash once they're gone, but they want cohen to come in with his money and his teams to right the ship while they still hold 'title' as owners to try to bask in any fvcking glory that would come to the team with their hands off of it. not to mention trying to milk more out of SNY than what had been originally proposed

i am fvcking done. the mlb can screw themselves for how they've protected the wilpons over the past 10 years despite all of the heinous excrement they're doing

they fvcking removed the mccourts because of a fvcking civil dispute between husband and wife, and that move only allowed the dodgers to return to being one of the consistent powerhouses in the NL. the wilpons have made a living off of dicking down met fans for all they have without anything in return, and selig/manfred give them pats on the back. freak you, freak off

Tags: