Author Topic: Jets lose 22-6 to the winless Bengals  (Read 4725 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Jets lose 22-6 to the winless Bengals
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »
How is this loss not on a shitty coached team. Is he the leader of a team the was a penalty riddled mess that shot them selves in the foot at every opportunity or was that some other team? Asking for a friend.

Of course is the same drivel from the same people about how that's not the case but freak them annoying idiots.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 05:55:37 PM »
Dodged a huge bullet by missing almost the entire game. Guess my game day thread streak is over.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 09:44:24 PM »
How is this loss not on a shitty coached team. Is he the leader of a team the was a penalty riddled mess that shot them selves in the foot at every opportunity or was that some other team? Asking for a friend.

Of course is the same drivel from the same people about how that's not the case but freak them annoying idiots.

I don't know what people are watching when they absolve all fault from Gase. Just because we've succumbed to the fact that he is going to be here next year, doesn't mean he's free from criticism.

Gase freaking sucks. We will NEVER reach the playoffs with him here, and one can only hope he doesn't ruin Sam.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 09:54:02 PM »
I don't know what people are watching when they absolve all fault from Gase.

That's a freaking mystery to me.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2019, 09:54:27 PM »

Gase is a bad coach, there's no denying it.

But we had to put Tom freaking Compton out there and he looked like he thought he was in freaking UFC.

Gase is a coach who can make the Jets a middle of the pack 6-9 win team with a roster that's not full of udfa starting. Ans I have a mediocre amount of faith he can benefit Darnold

What he can't do is realize he freaking sucks at everything else. The dude can't adjust, he can't scheme blocking running anything.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2019, 09:55:36 PM »
That's a freaking mystery to me.

I wouldn't say it absolves Gase as he's clearly not good.

But when you have someone like Compton forced out there doing God knows what, the only way you can coach around that is to bench or cut his derriere

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2019, 10:08:24 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 12:19:08 AM »
I never thought I'd say this but I really wish Darnold scrambled more. I counted three plays where he could have gotten some decent yardage to better set up the next down or maybe get the first himself  where he just threw it down the field to a covered receiver or tossed it away.

We talked about this after the last game with the throw to Anderson when he had 20 yards open to run in front of him but this is a game where it hurt us. No turnovers but it either set up third-and-longs that didn't need to happen or brought out the punt team. I'm not sure if this is coming from Darnold's own mindset or if it is coming from Gase and Danger Zone.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 09:27:34 AM »
Gase is a bad coach, there's no denying it.

But we had to put Tom freaking Compton out there and he looked like he thought he was in freaking UFC.

Gase is a coach who can make the Jets a middle of the pack 6-9 win team with a roster that's not full of udfa starting. Ans I have a mediocre amount of faith he can benefit Darnold

What he can't do is realize he freaking sucks at everything else. The dude can't adjust, he can't scheme blocking running anything.

I get our OL blows, but not every NFL team is trotting out an OL filled with pro-bowlers a la the Cowboys. That's where our proclaimed offensive guru should adjust the game plan to account for the deficit.

I'll say it again...Cincy has the worst run D in the league...and we ran it 15 times, and I don't recall seeing a run to the edges, once.

It's like Gase is trying to prove something to rather than putting the team in a position to succeed. #GFYGase

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 11:46:19 AM »
Anderson and Berrios dropping balls that hit both hands were big turning plays, as was a long run getting called back, as was a brutal safety call late, as was terrible line play--including from 2 players I've defended a lot: Beachum and Harrison.

That said, anyone defending Gase after this needs to stop. This team played flat all game in all 3 phases. You can't come out like they did against Oakland, then pull this garbage yesterday.

17 rushes for 62 yards (3.65 average) against the league's worst run defense. That's defending the indefensible. And since I've seen the "well it wasn't that successful anyway" argument, Joe Mixon had 19 runs for 44 yards, which is a 2.32 average.

But please, tell me how the offensive genius deserves more time to implement his system.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
Oh, also, I can't remember who said it, but one of the guys was asked what Gase said to them after the game. He responded, "He told us we didn't execute."

The guy never takes the blame when they lose. In fairness, he credited the players when they won, but he never takes an ounce of blame.

#FGase
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 02:46:57 PM »
Oh, also, I can't remember who said it, but one of the guys was asked what Gase said to them after the game. He responded, "He told us we didn't execute."

The guy never takes the blame when they lose. In fairness, he credited the players when they won, but he never takes an ounce of blame.

#FGase
He's not wrong.  They didn't execute well.  May be one or a combination of bad coaching, poor talent, and poor play.  I can't judge the coaching because I don't know how they practiced.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 02:57:31 PM »
He's not wrong.  They didn't execute well.  May be one or a combination of bad coaching, poor talent, and poor play.  I can't judge the coaching because I don't know how they practiced.

You're right, they didn't execute well. But they also didn't run plays to be successful, and they didn't adjust at any point.

I said in my first post, there were a lot of problems with players (OL, Anderson and Berrios dropping the ball, etc.) but coaching was a problem. I really don't understand how anyone can deny that. It's not either coaching stunk or the players did. It can be--and was--both.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2019, 03:00:47 PM »

Anderson dropped a TD, Berrios dropped a first down inside the 20, both early when we needed to step on them. The O line sabotaged any productive play in the 3rd before finally giving up 2 points and possession. Defense couldn't get off the field in any big spot, special teams set us up inside the 15 most of the game. Not sure who executed well except Darnold, who didn't turn it over and hit receivers when he had a second to throw the ball.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2019, 03:14:46 PM »
Darnold not turning it over is probably the sole silver lining.

Tags: