Author Topic: Tua injury  (Read 3867 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Tua injury
« on: November 16, 2019, 09:52:58 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2019/11/16/20968510/a-hip-injury-has-likely-ended-tua-tagovailoas-masterful-alabama-career

This definitely fucks the Jets draft position, and could significantly hinder the value of our first pick

Just noticed this was in the college football section.

Regardless definitely fucks with the draft outlook
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 10:20:07 PM by dcm1602 »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Tua injury
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 12:26:44 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2019/11/16/20968510/a-hip-injury-has-likely-ended-tua-tagovailoas-masterful-alabama-career

This definitely fucks the Jets draft position, and could significantly hinder the value of our first pick

Just noticed this was in the college football section.

Regardless definitely fucks with the draft outlook

What a whiny derriere overreaction from you...

Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert were better NFL QB prospects anyways.

We were never, ever going to be bad enough to finish with a Top 2 pick. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 03:56:43 AM »
What a whiny derriere overreaction from you...

Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert were better NFL QB prospects anyways.

We were never, ever going to be bad enough to finish with a Top 2 pick. 

Never expected a top 2 pick.

I figured best case scenario was between 3rd and 5th. Essentially guaranteeing the Jets either young Thomas or Jerry.

Though now the Jets look more like they're going to end up drafting outside the top 5, and Tua being off the board essentially knocks us down another pick.

Could have a fairly significant ramification

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 06:49:29 AM »
Could have a fairly significant ramification

It won't.

Tua was one of the most overrated prospects of my lifetime.  Sucks to see him get hurt, but I am extremely happy that we have Sam Darnold on our roster.  I want absolutely nothing to do with Tagovailoa as an NFL QB.

This draft class is loaded with talent.  We were never going to pick in the top five, unless Darnold gets hurt or some other bullshit goes down.

Jerry Jeudy was never a realistic option for us.  Chase Young was never a realistic option for us.  We can hope that someone values Tristan Wirfs potential and upside over Andrew Thomas and that he slides a bit.  USC's Austin Jackson might be better than both of them.  Iowa's AJ Epenesa and LSU's K'Lavon Chaisson are potentially elite EDGE prospects as well.  This is arguably the best WR class ever.  Not being in a spot to land Jerry Jeudy isn't that tough of a pill to swallow when someone like CeeDee Lamb or Henry Ruggs will be there.   

We're in a spot to land a very good prospect in the Top 10.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 06:55:37 AM by Heismanberg »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 08:43:10 AM »
Now that Gase will be here next year, hopefully we can show some life, build on last week and progress.  Gase may be a douche bag, but he's the Jets' coach and I want him to win.

Maybe it works out that offensive linemen drop some to us with all the other talent around.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 10:14:33 AM »
It won't.

Tua was one of the most overrated prospects of my lifetime.  Sucks to see him get hurt, but I am extremely happy that we have Sam Darnold on our roster.  I want absolutely nothing to do with Tagovailoa as an NFL QB.

This draft class is loaded with talent.  We were never going to pick in the top five, unless Darnold gets hurt or some other bullshit goes down.

Jerry Jeudy was never a realistic option for us.  Chase Young was never a realistic option for us.  We can hope that someone values Tristan Wirfs potential and upside over Andrew Thomas and that he slides a bit.  USC's Austin Jackson might be better than both of them.  Iowa's AJ Epenesa and LSU's K'Lavon Chaisson are potentially elite EDGE prospects as well.  This is arguably the best WR class ever.  Not being in a spot to land Jerry Jeudy isn't that tough of a pill to swallow when someone like CeeDee Lamb or Henry Ruggs will be there.   

It won't.

You don't think another team would have drafted Tua before our first pick?

Because that could be the difference between one of the elite guys sliding to us or not depending on where we land

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 11:30:41 AM »
You don't think another team would have drafted Tua before our first pick?

Because that could be the difference between one of the elite guys sliding to us or not depending on where we land

If a team ahead of needs a QB, they’ll take a QB.

Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert benefit from this the most.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 01:14:14 PM »
Well that does it, better trade Jamal now. It's our only chance.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 01:38:53 PM »
If a team ahead of needs a QB, they’ll take a QB.

Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert benefit from this the most.

What's the deal with Herbert?  I've only watched a few games but I left less than impressed.  Is he not a system quarterback that gets to throw the ball into huge windows to top talent while hes protected by even better talent?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 04:15:38 PM »
What's the deal with Herbert?  I've only watched a few games but I left less than impressed.  Is he not a system quarterback that gets to throw the ball into huge windows to top talent while hes protected by even better talent?

Sounds just like Darnold
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 06:59:59 PM »
Sounds just like Darnold
Sounds nothing like him as a prospect.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 05:43:53 AM »

Not sure about him throwing passes to "top talent" because Oregon's skill players are meh, but that scheme does protect him because he's getting the ball out fast.

He is a great athlete with a big arm.  I think he's more of a late first type of prospect, but like I said earlier, teams that need QBs take QBs and usually reach for them. 

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 12:15:27 PM »
Not sure about him throwing passes to "top talent" because Oregon's skill players are meh, but that scheme does protect him because he's getting the ball out fast.

He is a great athlete with a big arm.  I think he's more of a late first type of prospect, but like I said earlier, teams that need QBs take QBs and usually reach for them.

IMHO he's a better prospect than guys like Gabbert and Ponder were, and those guys went in the mid-first. As you said, never underestimate the absolute desperation of a team in need of a young quarterback.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2019, 08:30:54 PM »
IMHO he's a better prospect than guys like Gabbert and Ponder were, and those guys went in the mid-first. As you said, never underestimate the absolute desperation of a team in need of a young quarterback.

Gabbert/Ponder both went like 10 overall

Watched most of Ponder’s FSU starts. Thought he was a 4th round pick. Then the draft analysts started talking up his leadership skills and his wonderlic scores
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:35:12 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 01:54:14 PM »
This is some quality shade being thrown.

97.3 ESPN FM @973espn

Talking with @leighsteinberg asked his client Tua, and if he wants him to go No. 1 in upcoming #NFLDraft

“You want to make sure that your client ends up with a good organization....I’m hoping Cincy falls in love with Joe Burrow".
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: