Author Topic: 2019-20 NCAA Basketball  (Read 13029 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
2019-20 NCAA Basketball
« on: November 14, 2019, 11:40:03 AM »
Since nyjunc isn't here, I'll do this.

Seton Hall hosts Michigan State tonight as part of the Big East-Big Ten challenge, both teams ranked, Myles Powell may or may not play (ankle). Hall is 2-0, a couple easy games at Walsh Gym, St John's might be real this year, Ewing's Georgetown team might be good, Villanova is always good. This appears to be all I have as far as competitive teams until baseball.

So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: 2019-20 NCAA Basketball
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 11:43:50 AM »
I don’t know about St. john’s being “real” this season, they got picked 9th in the Big East, but I think they could be better than what’s expected out of them. Besides the fact Anderson is a real coach, something they’ve needed for a long time, Rasheem Dunn was just declared eligible for this season and he’s supposed to be a bulldog type PG. This team will do as well as Heron and Figueroa play when it boils down to it.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »
I don’t know about St. john’s being “real” this season, they got picked 9th in the Big East, but I think they could be better than what’s expected out of them. Besides the fact Anderson is a real coach, something they’ve needed for a long time, Rasheem Dunn was just declared eligible for this season and he’s supposed to be a bulldog type PG. This team will do as well as Heron and Figueroa play when it boils down to it.

I'm always mixed on St John's. I want them to be good for the city and the conference but not better than Seton Hall. Honestly don't know a lot about them except the little bit I've seen, but I think they can be real competitive this year. Should be good balance throughout the Big East.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 01:06:11 PM »
Great game, tough loss. Two chances for the Hall at the end, no call. Should be a fun season though, was great to see the Rock filled up and jumping, hockey just doesn't do that.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 02:32:43 PM »
Those missed calls last night were bullshit, but the team was also very disjointed at the end under the gun.

Better now than March. Myles Powell is an absolute monster.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
Those missed calls last night were bullshit, but the team was also very disjointed at the end under the gun.

Better now than March. Myles Powell is an absolute monster.

Yeah, those inbound turnovers didn't help. Still we had the lead late, Myles was gassed, needed that last 3 that front rimmed.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 09:30:49 AM »
Duke loses at home to Stephen F. Austin  (missus asked if SFA was located in Austin - legit question, no?).

Big East looks like the Hall and then everybody else (tough near win effort vs. MSU; Nova gagged vs. Baylor). 

Maui: Va. Tech upsets MSU and then in turn gets crushed by Dayton (who previously crushed Georgia).   Finals: Kansas - Dayton.  Three games in 3 nights: fatigue factor plus KU too big/too deep for UD (Flyers Obi Toppin, player to watch).

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 09:37:13 AM »
Duke loses at home to Stephen F. Austin  (missus asked if SFA was located in Austin - legit question, no?).

Big East looks like the Hall and then everybody else (tough near win effort vs. MSU; Nova gagged vs. Baylor). 

Maui: Va. Tech upsets MSU and then in turn gets crushed by Dayton (who previously crushed Georgia).   Finals: Kansas - Dayton.  Three games in 3 nights: fatigue factor plus KU too big/too deep for UD (Flyers Obi Toppin, player to watch).

It’s not in Austin.  I was surprised as well.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 11:16:21 AM »
Duke was home? I missed it, figured it was a neutral site tournament. Hall plays Oregon tonight in Atlantis.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 08:09:45 AM »
Can't blow a 19 point lead in the second half. Do these guys know I've only got them, the Knicks and Devils until April?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 08:25:48 AM »
Can't blow a 19 point lead in the second half. Do these guys know I've only got them, the Knicks and Devils until April?

Horrible loss last night.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 09:01:52 AM »
Horrible loss last night.

Have to finish these games, Powell had 30+ and we're getting him the ball with 5 on the shot clock.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2019, 11:04:19 PM »
Watching my friend on ESPNU, he's assistant coach at UT Martin. They hung with Baylor for a half but getting smoked now. Big size disadvantage.

Seton Hall without Powell and Mamu hosting Maryland tomorrow,  could be bad.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2019, 08:09:12 PM »

Seton Hall without Powell and Mamu hosting Maryland tomorrow,

could be bad.
could be good 

nice win

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2019, 08:29:47 PM »
could be good 

nice win

Wow. Caught the end, have to watch the recording now. Forgot what it's like to have a good team.

Tags: