Author Topic: 2020 MLB thread  (Read 44724 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: 2020 MLB thread
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2019, 06:51:53 PM »
Explains how we gave up 13 runs in a World Series game.

Pretty good evidence out there that they used this system in that WS
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 01:51:30 PM »
Hamels to Atlanta, 1yr 18 mil.

Wheeler to Philly, 5 yrs at 118.

That's a big investment in Wheeler, but he's young, you know he can handle the division and he's on an upward trajectory. Not a bad move for Philadelphia. They might not have a bonafide ace, but Nola-Wheeler is a nice top of the rotation.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2019, 08:06:08 PM »
Ryu signed with the Jays. If he stays healthy he's a great pickup, good hitter too and can put a bunt down. Guess that doesn't help you in the beer league.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
Ryu signed with the Jays. If he stays healthy he's a great pickup, good hitter too and can put a bunt down. Guess that doesn't help you in the beer league.
Ryu was promoted to the Show...thanks for your business
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »
Ryu was promoted to the Show...thanks for your business

'The Show" in a 3rd world country. Like a soccer player joining the Ecuadorian A league.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2019, 09:15:05 PM »
'The Show" in a 3rd world country. Like a soccer player joining the Ecuadorian A league.
Nope...it’s called the AL...and it’s better
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2019, 09:20:22 AM »
Nope...it’s called the AL...and it’s better

Be kind. Not everyone can accept facts like climate change, round earth, stupidity of pitchers hitting.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2019, 09:50:07 AM »
Be kind. Not everyone can accept facts like climate change, round earth, stupidity of pitchers hitting.

And a lot of people aren't smart enough to employ strategy in the game so just remove it. Why learn something when you can just make it go away?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2019, 09:51:19 AM »

It's bad enough pitchers have to dodge screamer line drives when they're on the mound, imagine having to deal with getting beaned as well.  The NL is terrible.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2019, 10:01:31 AM »
And a lot of people aren't smart enough to employ strategy in the game so just remove it. Why learn something when you can just make it go away?

Who hurt you?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »
It's bad enough pitchers have to dodge screamer line drives when they're on the mound, imagine having to deal with getting beaned as well.  The NL is terrible.

Imagine honing your craft and becoming elite at it to the point where you feel like you could strike out a Mike Trout at will. Then you get drafted by a team that forces you to bat against a guy just like you.

On the other hand, maybe you get excited because for the years you're under team control before free agency, you know you're facing the weakest lineups in the sport with an automatic out after every 8 batters. That'll do wonders for your first FA contract!

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2019, 11:09:10 AM »
Lol. So, batting for a pitcher literally seems like the worst thing on the planet ever. What are these guys, complete pussies? God forbid THEY bean someone. They get to hide on the bench. Must be nice

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2019, 11:14:00 AM »
Baseball is such an awesome sport. Be in shape. Hell, don’t be in shape.

What does it matter if your only job is batting every hour or so. Why bother learning to field. Get rid of bunting. Make the decisions a manager has to make disappear. Let’s just dumb the sport down even more.

Let’s do automatic bases from now on. One of these pampered millionaires might spike himself running the bases.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2019, 11:31:39 AM »
Lol. So, batting for a pitcher literally seems like the worst thing on the planet ever. What are these guys, complete pussies? God forbid THEY bean someone. They get to hide on the bench. Must be nice

The whole point is managing the game around the pitcher's spot, after the starter gets an at bat or two. Using your bench, making decisions, makes the late innings a lot more interesting. People obsessing over those early 1 or 2 at bats are missing that part.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2019, 11:38:43 AM »
The whole point is managing the game around the pitcher's spot, after the starter gets an at bat or two. Using your bench, making decisions, makes the late innings a lot more interesting. People obsessing over those early 1 or 2 at bats are missing that part.
Like I said...dumbing things down.

Tags: