Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2020 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 55393 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: The OFFICIAL 2020 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2020, 12:53:02 PM »
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2020, 07:23:55 PM »
Is that the soonest they play?
No but it's easier for me to make a Thursday night game than a Monday night game.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2020, 11:04:38 AM »
No but it's easier for me to make a Thursday night game than a Monday night game.

Ah. I don't know if I can make a Thursday night game. We'll see.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2020, 07:20:30 AM »
Ah. I don't know if I can make a Thursday night game. We'll see.
Well I'm flexible, my birthday is at the end of that week, so I'm inclined to take a day off at some point.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2020, 11:29:12 PM »
Derek Jeter is the reason I’m a Yankees fan, similar to Curtis Martin and the Jets.
He’s my favorite athlete I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. Getting to watch him play every day for 20 years was freaking amazing and I knew in the moment I was getting spoiled.

I was at his last game, and even though it was a meaningless walkoff win, it was the best sporting event I’ve been at, bar none. Magical.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2020, 10:43:50 AM »
Derek Jeter is the reason I’m a Yankees fan, similar to Curtis Martin and the Jets.
He’s my favorite athlete I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching. Getting to watch him play every day for 20 years was freaking amazing and I knew in the moment I was getting spoiled.

I was at his last game, and even though it was a meaningless walkoff win, it was the best sporting event I’ve been at, bar none. Magical.

I wasn't in the park, but that was one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed too. It was the absolute perfect ending to his career.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2020, 12:12:25 PM »
April 24: Don Mattingly Bobblehead Night
May 23: Gerrit Cole Top Gun Bobblehead Day
June 5: DJ LeMahieu Bobblehead Night
June 10: Aaron Judge Bobblehead Night
Aug 6: Andy Pettitte Bobblehead Night

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2020, 12:13:02 PM »
I wasn't in the park, but that was one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed too. It was the absolute perfect ending to his career.

Went to Mo’s final game the year before, thought that could never be topped. I was wrong.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2020, 12:45:04 PM »
Miguel Andujar has been told to prepare for spring reps at 1B and LF in addition to 3B, Brian Cashman told the @YESNetwork yesterday.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2020, 02:03:02 PM »
Talk about getting Wally Pip'd. Dude was runner-up for Rookie of the Year, got hurt the following spring, now might have no job.

I really think his biggest value to the Yankees at this point is in a trade before spring training. If he's coming into camp just fighting for at-bats, his value will plummet, especially if he struggles with a new position.

He's a fun to watch hitter, but if you can't get him ABs, you're doing a disservice to both him and the team.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2020, 02:20:27 PM »
Talk about getting Wally Pip'd. Dude was runner-up for Rookie of the Year, got hurt the following spring, now might have no job.

I really think his biggest value to the Yankees at this point is in a trade before spring training. If he's coming into camp just fighting for at-bats, his value will plummet, especially if he struggles with a new position.

He's a fun to watch hitter, but if you can't get him ABs, you're doing a disservice to both him and the team.

Andujar and Frazier have never had lower stock in their careers. Andujar due to Defense/injury and Frazier due to Defense/mental makeup.

They’re both supremely talented hitters that are young and under team control, so I think the best move is to let them hit and hope they rake. There will be an opportunity at some point - remember Andujar Wally Pipp’d Brandon Drury just 2 years ago. I don’t think you’d be doing anything other than giving them away just to make a move at this point in time.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 02:22:03 PM by SixFeetDeep »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2020, 02:37:24 PM »
Andujar and Frazier have never had lower stock in their careers. Andujar due to Defense/injury and Frazier due to Defense/mental makeup.

They’re both supremely talented hitters that are young and under team control, so I think the best move is to let them hit and hope they rake. There will be an opportunity at some point - remember Andujar Wally Pipp’d Brandon Drury just 2 years ago. I don’t think you’d be doing anything other than giving them away just to make a move at this point in time.

Maybe you're right. Frazier's value is definitely not great right now, and a return from injury probably does devalue Andujar.

Best-case would be they hit camp and both hit great and look good in left/1B. It would be a great "problem" to have if Frazier looked like a legit Opening Day LF and Andujar looked like a legit 1B. Move Stanton to full-time DH, then you probably look into trading Voit (unless he can be sent down). I like Voit, but I think Andujar is a better overall bat.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2020, 09:34:36 PM »
Maybe you're right. Frazier's value is definitely not great right now, and a return from injury probably does devalue Andujar.

Best-case would be they hit camp and both hit great and look good in left/1B. It would be a great "problem" to have if Frazier looked like a legit Opening Day LF and Andujar looked like a legit 1B. Move Stanton to full-time DH, then you probably look into trading Voit (unless he can be sent down). I like Voit, but I think Andujar is a better overall bat.

Voit has top notch on base skills, Andujar rarely takes a walk. Andujar is a better contact hitter, but Voit has relatively good contact skills for a slugger.

Andujar - 606 PA in 2018
.297/.328/.527 - .855 OPS

Voit - 658 PA in 18/19
.280/.384/.517 - .901 OPS

Andujar is a doubles machine (47 in 2018!) which really kicks up his slugging, but Voit gets on base so much more that he’s the better overall player right now imo. They’re both absolutely awful defensively and would both be DHing instead of playing the field in an ideal scenario.

Edit:
.100 point split between BA and OBP puts Voit into the conversation for elite on base skills

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:36:27 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Tags: