Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 63654 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2019, 05:59:15 PM »
Mike Tomlin is in striking distance of a playoff spot with a 3rd string QB and other injuries to his offense.  Instead of making excuses, he's making half time adjustments to win games.

Tomlin = a good HC

Gase = a fraud
To be fair you'd probably turn on Tomlin in 20 games.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2019, 07:18:49 PM »

You're exaggerating by 19 games  :P

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2019, 07:59:31 PM »
Just win babbie
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2019, 08:13:10 PM »
Mike Tomlin is in striking distance of a playoff spot with a 3rd string QB and other injuries to his offense.  Instead of making excuses, he's making half time adjustments to win games.

Tomlin = a good HC

Gase = a fraud

Mike Tomlin's also been that franchise's head coach for over a decade.  Everyone on that roster is someone he's cool with having.

Their front office also isn't a revolving door like ours has been.

He's done a hell of a job and should be the coach of the year, but that franchise has stability from top to bottom.  Ours does not. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2019, 09:32:21 PM »
Mike Tomlin's also been that franchise's head coach for over a decade.  Everyone on that roster is someone he's cool with having.

Their front office also isn't a revolving door like ours has been.

He's done a hell of a job and should be the coach of the year, but that franchise has stability from top to bottom.  Ours does not. 

Bingo
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2019, 09:18:33 AM »
In what freaking world does stability and hiring complete excrement equal out.

Stability is great but not when you have the parade of crap the Jets have had from Tanny and Rex thru Duff and Gase. Every single one of those clowns was given the appropriate amount of leash to hang themselves. So freak off with the stability Bullshit. Hire the right people for  freaking once and there will be stability

But hey thanks for telling us excrement we already know.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:20:21 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2019, 09:20:28 AM »
In what freaking world does stability and hiring complete excrement equal out.

Stability is great but not when you have the parade of crap the Jets have had from Tanny and Rex thru Duff and Gase. Every single one of those clowns was given the appropriate amount of leash to hang themselves. So freak off with the stability Bullshit. Hire the right people for  freaking one and there will be stability

But hey thanks for telling us excrement we already know.

This guy gets it.

Seafood should read this post a few times too, and let it sink in.

Heis was right, this franchise is a revolving door...it's because they keep hiring turds.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2019, 10:20:46 AM »
This guy gets it.

Seafood should read this post a few times too, and let it sink in.

Heis was right, this franchise is a revolving door...it's because they keep hiring turds.

So you want the same people to hire someone else. Makes perfect sense.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2019, 10:34:38 AM »

They will until the team is sold, so....

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2019, 10:50:29 AM »
If you've been paying attention, I think that MB has been very clear that that isn't what he wants.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »

So you're proposing we keep the trash that consistenly lose games  rather than taking a chance on the unknown.  Got it.  That really paid dividends with Rex and Bowles.

Friendly reminder:  Gase isn't a rookie HC.  He doesn't get the 1 or 2 season mulligan.

If you've been paying attention, I think that MB has been very clear that that isn't what he wants.

i could stamp it on his forehead and he'd still wouldn't get it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 11:04:12 AM by MBGreen »

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2019, 01:07:51 PM »

So you guys are just completely outside the realm of reality, because they're not selling the team, either. That's where our disconnect is, I look at actual reality and hope for the best within those confines.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
So you guys are just completely outside the realm of reality, because they're not selling the team, either. That's where our disconnect is, I look at actual reality and hope for the best within those confines.
No. Stop guessing and start paying attention, it will help to prevent you from looking stupid. Ask the question you should be asking.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »
No. Stop guessing and start paying attention, it will help to prevent you from looking stupid. Ask the question you should be asking.

I don't know what you're talking about and I have no real interest in this argument because we already know they're not firing the coach. So you guys can scream and yell about it all you want, blame everything that happens on him, he's back next year. Sorry, I don't own the team either.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2019, 01:46:15 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about and I have no real interest in this argument because we already know they're not firing the coach. So you guys can scream and yell about it all you want, blame everything that happens on him, he's back next year. Sorry, I don't own the team either.

We all know he's back next year.  But you were advocating to keep him because this team lacks stability.

As far as 2020 goes, if he isn't winning games, he's gone.  That's how the NFL works.  If you're not winning, then it's only a matter of time.  Rex produced in his first 2 years as HC, so he was rewarded with another contract, and then declined steadily over his last 4 years.  Coaches in any professional sport will tell you, they get hired to get fired.

You guys keep using Tomlin as a model of stability.  Guess what...he freaking wins.  That's why he's still there.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 01:48:09 PM by MBGreen »

Tags: