Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 63656 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2019, 09:59:07 PM »
https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1203831998328004608?s=19

It'll be 10 straight after next year as long as this bag of dildos, remains our HC

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2019, 10:13:52 PM »
It'll be 10 straight after next year as long as this bag of dildos, remains our HC
To be fair Herm is widely regarded as kind of an idiot among Jets fans and he went 3 times in 5 years. So there's a chance.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »
To be fair Herm is widely regarded as kind of an idiot among Jets fans and he went 3 times in 5 years. So there's a chance.

yeah but...Herm plays to win the game.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

WD40

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2019, 07:49:03 AM »
Herm, for all his faults, was an unbelievable motivator at times.  YOU PLAY ... TO WIN ... THE GAME!  HELLO?

freak, that man could give a goddamned speech. 

I was taking my son to basketball practice last week and there, right on the goddamned door to the gym, was some fluff quote from Herm Edwards on high school athletics. 

Anyway, on topic, this discussion of the last time the team was this depressing.  It occurred to me that my son, now eight years old, actually attended the last Jets playoff game.  My wife, about two months pregnant, went with me to the cold-as-freak Pittsburgh playoff game in 2010.  Poor kid has never seen a good Jets team in his lifetime.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2019, 10:13:21 AM »

Fans are often idiots themselves. Herm did a good job here, had his deficiencies but got results. The two years he lost Pennington hurt his record, especially the last one when he checked out and we all knew he was going to KC.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2019, 12:56:21 PM »
Fans are often idiots themselves. Herm did a good job here, had his deficiencies but got results. The two years he lost Pennington hurt his record, especially the last one when he checked out and we all knew he was going to KC.

Agree with your point on Herm.

Gase will be the worst coaching hire in franchise history.  He even surpasses Kotite, because Gase has a potential franchise QB and he's single-handedly ruining him.  We're not sniffing the playoffs with this asshat HC who's more focused on proving his excrement offensive scheme works versus trying to develop an offense that plays to Sam's strengths.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »
Agree with your point on Herm.

Gase will be the worst coaching hire in franchise history.  He even surpasses Kotite, because Gase has a potential franchise QB and he's single-handedly ruining him.  We're not sniffing the playoffs with this asshat HC who's more focused on proving his excrement offensive scheme works versus trying to develop an offense that plays to Sam's strengths.

Gase is 4-1 in his last 5 games. Kotite was 4-28 in 2 seasons.

Darnold has 11 TD (9 Pass TD) and 2 Int in that stretch.

But sure, he is worse than Kotite and Darnold is ruined.

#shitpost

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »

#shitpost
While some of your post is valid, keep in mind we haven't exactly played a bunch of Super Bowl contenders in the last 5 games.

Gase can be shitty and not as bad as Kotite at the same time.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2019, 01:32:55 PM »
While some of your post is valid, keep in mind we haven't exactly played a bunch of Super Bowl contenders in the last 5 games.

We beat a 3-9 team on a last minute FG.  We can hang with anybody.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »

Gase can be shitty and not as bad as Kotite at the same time.

Exactly. It is just hard to take posts seriously when they say Gase is worse than Kotite.

I dont care if they fire Gase after the season but people blame every one of the issues for this team on Gase and it is far deeper than that

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2019, 01:42:52 PM »
Exactly. It is just hard to take posts seriously when they say Gase is worse than Kotite.

I dont care if they fire Gase after the season but people blame every one of the issues for this team on Gase and it is far deeper than that

I mean if you want to say Kotite's the worst and Gase is #2, that's fine. 

excrement, look how well Tannehill is playing in Tennessee with some no name OC.  I doubt he was ever that productive in Miami under the tutelage of this fucktard. 

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2019, 01:44:44 PM »
Gase will be the worst coaching hire in franchise history. 

There's issuing a factual criticism of the guy because there are things he does that makes one scratch their head, and then there's just idiotic hyperbole thats being said out of no other interest than wanting to be right.

This is absurd on so many levels.

Darnold's completing passes at a 63 percent clip with a positive td to int ratio despite not having a true number 1 receiver or any semblance of an offensive line, but sure he's ruined.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2019, 01:44:47 PM »

#shitpost

We lost to a WINLESS team and looked freaking terrible in doing so. You don't want to put any of the onus on him?

Tags: