Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 63680 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2019, 11:12:48 AM »
If he's not a failure, why did Miami fire him?

Also he had his starting QB but couldn't manage to beat a winless Bengals team?

He and Ross reached an impasse and had a personality clash. Mangini got fired from the Jets for the exact same reason, and the same voice calling Gase a failure around here would agree with me in that firing Mangini was a regrettable decision. It happens.

Gase got outcoached by 2 winless rookie HC coaches....

#NotAFailureSZN

He didn't get outcoached by Taylor though. When your receivers are dropping wide open passes and your o-line can't block anyone, that's not getting outcoached. He got away from the run game way too quickly and didn't go to the outside nearly enough. Agreed. But that's not anything Zac Taylor did.

Doug Pederson won a super bowl and just got outcoached by Brian Flores. It happens.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2019, 11:16:22 AM »
He and Ross reached an impasse and had a personality clash. Mangini got fired from the Jets for the exact same reason, and the same voice calling Gase a failure around here would agree with me in that firing Mangini was a regrettable decision. It happens.

He didn't get outcoached by Taylor though. When your receivers are dropping wide open passes and your o-line can't block anyone, that's not getting outcoached. He got away from the run game way too quickly and didn't go to the outside nearly enough. Agreed. But that's not anything Zac Taylor did.

Doug Pederson won a super bowl and just got outcoached by Brian Flores. It happens.

Doug Pederson has outcoached Belichick and won a Super bowl.  He's earned the right to lose a few without criticism.

Gase hasn't earned excrement.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2019, 12:33:06 PM »
This is something I don't understand from some posters on this board who are vehemently against Gase, why is it either or? Either it's all Gase's fault or then the deflecting "blame everyone except Gase".

It's all not so black and white. Facts are this team is very devoid of talent on the offensive line, has been decimated by injuries and no, Gase's track record isn't the best, but to act like he is the worst coach to ever coach in the NFL is absurd.

I think it was in the game recap thread, but I specifically said it wasn't just the coaching, nor just the play on the field, nor just the talent (or lack thereof) that lost this week. It was all 3.

This roster is poor, but it's also poorly coached. They are mutually exclusive and can both be true.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2019, 04:35:17 PM »
I think it was in the game recap thread, but I specifically said it wasn't just the coaching, nor just the play on the field, nor just the talent (or lack thereof) that lost this week. It was all 3.

This roster is poor, but it's also poorly coached. They are mutually exclusive and can both be true.

Thank you, no one is saying he's 100% of the problem but he sucks.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2019, 12:10:21 PM »
Starting to get worried that we lose out the rest of the season. Hope we don't.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2019, 12:13:33 PM »
Starting to get worried that we lose out the rest of the season. Hope we don't.

Long as Darnold is healthy there's 0 chance of that

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2019, 12:15:42 PM »
Long as Darnold is healthy there's 0 chance of that
Ravens, Steelers, and Bills are all better than us. We've already lost to Miami once.

I'm not predicting 0-4 down the stretch but it's entirely reasonable.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2019, 12:19:00 PM »
Ravens, Steelers, and Bills are all better than us. We've already lost to Miami once.

I'm not predicting 0-4 down the stretch but it's entirely reasonable.

Our starting secondary might not be playing this Sunday
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2019, 12:35:08 PM »
The only hope we have of beating the Dolphins is that its a home game.  We seem to play a little better there.  Fitz is competent enough to beat our depleted defense.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2019, 12:39:35 PM »
The only hope we have of beating the Dolphins is that its a home game.  We seem to play a little better there.  Fitz is competent enough to beat our depleted defense.

Won 3 of the last 4 at home, loss being to the Pats. Other two losses were by a point to Buffalo and the Cleveland game when we lost Simien and had to go with Falk.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2019, 01:06:36 PM »
I'm not sure how Gregg is going to continue propping up this defense after having to raid the local junior high for defensive backs.

Fitz may throw for 400 yards.  If Miami doesn't pass 80% of the time, I don't think they are trying.  It would be idiotic to run against the Jets with our lack of talent on the backend.  I'd throw deep all day.  It'll be completions and PI penalties all day.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2019, 01:20:38 PM »
I'm not sure how Gregg is going to continue propping up this defense after having to raid the local junior high for defensive backs.

Fitz may throw for 400 yards.  If Miami doesn't pass 80% of the time, I don't think they are trying.  It would be idiotic to run against the Jets with our lack of talent on the backend.  I'd throw deep all day.  It'll be completions and PI penalties all day.

Hit Fitz in his ugly 18th century face, early and often.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »

Isn't this exactly what Cincy did all day? Teams will throw against the Jets until they show them they can't stop it. Spoiler: they won't.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2019, 02:40:57 PM »
Here's an article from Costello today:

NY Post

Interesting premise but I think he's being kind of dramatic for a few reasons:

-Patriots are still 10-2 and their demise has been written up many times. Still, they can't last forever.
-Buffalo isn't the next dynasty. They could be having a good season and still be a Wild Card like we were during the 2000s.
-Darnold and Allen both figure to hit their primes around the time Brady and Belichick are done, so we're early in the process.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Tags: