Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 63645 times)

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2019, 09:29:17 AM »
The only person from this franchise i have faith in is Joe Douglas.  I think he'll fix this roster in a season or 2.

But that's where it ends.

I don't think Gase will get us over the hump.  I believe his ceiling is .500 with a healthy roster.  Apparently he skipped Thanksgiving dinner with his family to game plan for Cincy, and we all saw what the fruits of his labor gave us. He's in over his head.

THIS X INFINITY

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2019, 10:47:10 AM »
Hahaha he skipped Thanksgiving for that? That might be the funniest thing I have heard in a while.

Oh and if we can't hold him accountable for the numerous penalties and complete lack of discipline by his team, I mean that's on the players right? Then freaking Gase coached a freaking superb game.

Nothing wrong with the Jets, they're wonderfully coached but just have bad players.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2019, 10:58:06 AM »
Hahaha he skipped Thanksgiving for that? That might be the funniest thing I have heard in a while.

Oh and if we can't hold him accountable for the numerous penalties and complete lack of discipline by his team, I mean that's on the players right? Then freaking Gase coached a freaking superb game.

Nothing wrong with the Jets, they're wonderfully coached but just have bad players.

Gase deserves credit for us being insanely undisciplined.

However you do also have to consider we had 4 freaking backup offensive linemen, on what's already a horrible oline.

Kelichi Kalil Winters Edoga, jsut freaking crazy the diasaster there.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2019, 11:00:26 AM »

However you do also have to consider we had 4 freaking backup offensive linemen, on what's already a horrible oline.

Throw Beachum in there because he is who we thought he was.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2019, 11:09:35 AM »

I always thought self-proclaimed offensive gurus had the skillset to gameplan around their offensive roster deficiencies.  Maybe not after a game or 2, but in week 13...i think that's reasonable, to retain said "guru status".

From what i've seen so far, he's the furthest thing from being an offensive guru, and closer to gaining "offensive tard" status.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2019, 11:38:00 AM »
The problem with the O line isn't just that they don't block well, they also get positive plays called back. So you call a good play, they run it and some guy grabs and holds a leg, that's on the coach? False start backs you up to the 1 and you hold in the end zone, safety. Then you have to give up the ball. Not saying the coaching was great but even when you make the right call this line is so bad they negate it.

For all the accolades for Williams on here, where was our D yesterday? How many 3rd and longs we going to let an 0-11 team get?
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2019, 11:58:54 AM »

The problem with the O line isn't just that they don't block well, they also get positive plays called back. So you call a good play, they run it and some guy grabs and holds a leg, that's on the coach?

Yes, it absolutely is. Discipline and technique are instilled Monday-Friday. It is 100% on the coaching. If they're getting bullied off their blocks by superior talent then that's a different thing, but idiocy like Compton's? Completely on the coaches.

Do you think that Belichick and Scarnecchia would have that sort of thing happening with the same players?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2019, 12:08:41 PM »
Someone else needs to buy this team.
I agree but we're still just wishing for things that aren't going to happen.
What if we all chip in on the JO PayPal account?

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2019, 12:29:30 PM »

Yes, it absolutely is. Discipline and technique are instilled Monday-Friday. It is 100% on the coaching. If they're getting bullied off their blocks by superior talent then that's a different thing, but idiocy like Compton's? Completely on the coaches.

Do you think that Belichick and Scarnecchia would have that sort of thing happening with the same players?

They find better players that can block without holding. If you're about to get beat you hold and hope you get away with it, same as in the secondary.

Or you punish them by taking them out of the game and putting in guys who weren't good enough to start over them n the first place, leading to more turmoil.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2019, 01:22:03 PM »
The announcers, literally Spiro freaking Dides and Adam freaking Archuletta were calling out the lack of runs to the outside against the league's worst run defense all day.

Schmucks up in the booth had a better gameplan than the head coach and supposed offensive guru. But sure, we'll just say it's all the players' fault.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »
But sure, we'll just say it's all the players' fault.

This is something I don't understand from some posters on this board who are vehemently against Gase, why is it either or? Either it's all Gase's fault or then the deflecting "blame everyone except Gase".

It's all not so black and white. Facts are this team is very devoid of talent on the offensive line, has been decimated by injuries and no, Gase's track record isn't the best, but to act like he is the worst coach to ever coach in the NFL is absurd.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2019, 05:02:45 PM »
This is something I don't understand from some posters on this board who are vehemently against Gase, why is it either or? Either it's all Gase's fault or then the deflecting "blame everyone except Gase".

It's all not so black and white. Facts are this team is very devoid of talent on the offensive line, has been decimated by injuries and no, Gase's track record isn't the best, but to act like he is the worst coach to ever coach in the NFL is absurd.
Everything has to be black and white. There is no room for nuance.

Gase hasnt done a good job. He was dealt an unwinnable hand with Falk and the OL but it is still embarrassing how they played in that stretch. We lost to 2 awful teams in Miami and Cincy. He seems like a weird dude. But hes here, and he isnt that bad. The only time he had a healthy QB, he made the playoffs.

And excrement, as soon as he got here, he recognized arguably our biggest issue - Maccagnan - and he helped correct it. Next year, Douglas will give him a new roster presumably, and it sill be on Gase to make it work.

The biggest issues with this team are personnel, largely due to injuries. No idea how people can watch yesterday's game and conclude the biggest reason we lost was due to the coaching.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2019, 06:26:16 PM »

Gase hasnt done a good job. He was dealt an unwinnable hand with Falk and the OL but it is still embarrassing how they played in that stretch. We lost to 2 awful teams in Miami and Cincy. He seems like a weird dude. But hes here, and he isnt that bad. The only time he had a healthy QB, he made the playoffs.

And excrement, as soon as he got here, he recognized arguably our biggest issue - Maccagnan - and he helped correct it. Next year, Douglas will give him a new roster presumably, and it sill be on Gase to make it work.

The biggest issues with this team are personnel, largely due to injuries. No idea how people can watch yesterday's game and conclude the biggest reason we lost was due to the coaching.

You're complaining about black and white and post something completely freaking ridiculous like how can you watch yesterdays game and blame the coaches? Are you freaking kidding me with that stupid obnoxious self righteous Bullshit?
How about the litany of penalties, shitty play calling, lack of discipline, nnot too mention the poor game planning, lack of adjustment, the lethargy of the team, my God I can give a myriad of reasons why it was bad coaching so stick it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:31:16 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2019, 06:27:35 PM »

Do you believe Gase can lead this team to a Super bowl? Serious question (obviously not this year)

I don’t want to hear about nuances or black/white....straight up, you think he can get us to the championship game?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2019, 06:29:54 PM »
The announcers, literally Spiro freaking Dides and Adam freaking Archuletta were calling out the lack of runs to the outside against the league's worst run defense all day.

Schmucks up in the booth had a better gameplan than the head coach and supposed offensive guru. But sure, we'll just say it's all the players' fault.

THIS.

Just because the fucktard owner isn't making a change, doesn't mean criticizing the HC is wrong. If you find it tiresome, buckle up...it isn't ending till he's gone.

Tags: