Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 63653 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
You guys plan of a new coach every year isn't working either.

Also, the logic you apply can he distorted to suit any narrative you want. Or if we're consistent then I guess Rex is responsible for Buffalo's success now.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:36:41 PM by Italian Seafood »
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
You guys plan of a new coach every year isn't working either.

We all wanted either Rhule or Harbaugh.

We got Gase instead, and predictably this has gone to excrement.

We don't want a new guy every year. We just want the right guy. Instead we got Bowles who failed miserably. And his replacement is the one guy most of the fanbase didnt want.
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau

If we had just won those two games, then we could be 6-6 right now.

Hell if we don't choke away the Bills game in addition we could be 7-5.

You need to win the games you SHOULD win, and defeating 0-7 or worse teams, are games just about any team SHOULD win. That is why Gase should be fired, because he can't win these games, hell he can't even be that competitive in them.
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
If we had just won those two games, then we could be 6-6 right now.

Hell if we don't choke away the Bills game in addition we could be 7-5.

You need to win the games you SHOULD win, and defeating 0-7 or worse teams, are games just about any team SHOULD win. That is why Gase should be fired, because he can't win these games, hell he can't even be that competitive in them.

Interesting they have Beachum up there with the graphic. Not sure Jesus could get a win the way our O line played.

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Not the coach's fault at all.

Of course it isn't, Gase is awesome. He should be here another 5 years because why hire the right guy, we need continuity whether he sucks derriere or not.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:45:28 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
I’m no fan of Gase but this team has a serious problem with pass protection and running the ball. We only ran for over 100 yards as a team once and that was against Washington. I don’t think Bell has cracked 75 yards in a game this season. Until we fix the OL you can trot out whoever you’d like at head coach and offensive coordinator but it likely won’t work out well.

All this retarded screaming and yelling about Gase being the worst coach of all time is tiring. We’re not a good team and it showed again today

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Not Gase's fault:
This team was middling at best prior to the injuries.

-Our safeties and ILBs were probably the two best groups coming in before Williamson hit IR in the preseason and Mosely became ineffective hours after the start of the season.
-Tru probably does us better on the IR than the field.
-Darryl Roberts was not an answer opposite Tru, and I don't think anyone saw Austin playing like he has been coming off of two ACL tears.
-Basically every corner that isn't Austin or Maulet(sometimes).
-Our OLine's talent level coming into this season could most likely be qualified as, "LOL!" Beachum is serviceable at LT, most of the time. Harrison might be the most talented player out of anyone on the OLine for their given position.
-Our receiving corps was incredibly underwhelming. Enunwa is a 2 at best. Anderson only flashes talent occasionally; he's just not that consistent.
-Injury demon striking again and taking Adams out.

Overall this team has consistently failed to commit to the offense in terms of quality personnel either in free agency or the draft time after time and it is painful. It is painful enough to make me question why I bother devoting this much time to them.

Gase's Fault:
This freaking offensive scheme where we went up against the worst run defense in the league who cannot set an edge and called 14 run plays to the inside, most of them directly at the defense's most talented player.

The offensive scheme that got us 8 losses including last night. The worst team in the league and he couldn't figure out away around their defense.

Penalties are the head coach's fault every time. Either prep your team better or hold the guy screwing up accountable.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
Not Gase's fault:
This team was middling at best prior to the injuries.

-Our safeties and ILBs were probably the two best groups coming in before Williamson hit IR in the preseason and Mosely became ineffective hours after the start of the season.
-Tru probably does us better on the IR than the field.
-Darryl Roberts was not an answer opposite Tru, and I don't think anyone saw Austin playing like he has been coming off of two ACL tears.
-Basically every corner that isn't Austin or Maulet(sometimes).
-Our OLine's talent level coming into this season could most likely be qualified as, "LOL!" Beachum is serviceable at LT, most of the time. Harrison might be the most talented player out of anyone on the OLine for their given position.
-Our receiving corps was incredibly underwhelming. Enunwa is a 2 at best. Anderson only flashes talent occasionally; he's just not that consistent.
-Injury demon striking again and taking Adams out.

Overall this team has consistently failed to commit to the offense in terms of quality personnel either in free agency or the draft time after time and it is painful. It is painful enough to make me question why I bother devoting this much time to them.

Gase's Fault:
This freaking offensive scheme where we went up against the worst run defense in the league who cannot set an edge and called 14 run plays to the inside, most of them directly at the defense's most talented player.

The offensive scheme that got us 8 losses including last night. The worst team in the league and he couldn't figure out away around their defense.

Penalties are the head coach's fault every time. Either prep your team better or hold the guy screwing up accountable.

I agree with almost of all of it except for the penalties. Most of them were due to our OLinemen being beaten and trying to compensate. That’s on talent not discipline. Also, how to hold a guy accountable when we literally don’t have anyone to replace him with?

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2019, 02:52:27 AM »
Not heaping all the blame on Gaze because of other deficiencies in the team is taking a pragmatic view but after all the excrement we have had to deal with over the Bowles era can you imagine the outcry if we stick with Gaze and excrement the bed early next year?

It's time the front office started listening to the fanbase; we suck and need new leadership.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2019, 03:41:50 AM »
Not heaping all the blame on Gaze because of other deficiencies in the team is taking a pragmatic view but after all the excrement we have had to deal with over the Bowles era can you imagine the outcry if we stick with Gaze and excrement the bed early next year?

It's time the front office started listening to the fanbase; we suck and need new leadership.

Someone else needs to buy this team.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2019, 08:46:59 AM »

/thread
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »

I agree but we're still just wishing for things that aren't going to happen.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2019, 09:13:44 AM »
I agree but we're still just wishing for things that aren't going to happen.

The only person from this franchise i have faith in is Joe Douglas.  I think he'll fix this roster in a season or 2.

But that's where it ends.

I don't think Gase will get us over the hump.  I believe his ceiling is .500 with a healthy roster.  Apparently he skipped Thanksgiving dinner with his family to game plan for Cincy, and we all saw what the fruits of his labor gave us. He's in over his head.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: