Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 65321 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
I am all in for having a tailgate this year if they fire this bag of dicks

That would actually be pretty fun
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
every day that adam gase is our coach is the worst day of my life.

every day is progressively worst knowing adam gase is our coach than the previous day.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
every day that adam gase is our coach is the worst day of my life.

every day is progressively worst knowing adam gase is our coach than the previous day.

This is exactly why 1996 was better than 1995, because we knew Kotite was a goner. Living through it is different than looking back at the records.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
I am not going back to the horror shows I have lived thru as a Jets fan. That's what makes SOJTFs, and I don't give three shits about being one of those.

This year sucks, let's hope they cut out the cancer and we as a fanbase can move on to a more stable team.

What I hope happens: they fire Gase, launch him to the moon really, give Douglas power to hire his guy and he in turn gives that guy the power to his own staff and then Douglas has a decent draft.

You would think this is all stuff that should and could happen, be achievable and would make the Jets a million times better off.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
I am not going back to the horror shows I have lived thru as a Jets fan. That's what makes SOJTFs, and I don't give three shits about being one of those.

This year sucks, let's hope they cut out the cancer and we as a fanbase can move on to a more stable team.

What I hope happens: they fire Gase, launch him to the moon really, give Douglas power to hire his guy and he in turn gives that guy the power to his own staff and then Douglas has a decent draft.

You would think this is all stuff that should and could happen, be achievable and would make the Jets a million times better off.

How exactly do you propose this organization suddenly learn competence?

excrement rolls downhill.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Douglas is the key. He is the one who has to bring in players that can play, it's been done before, been done here. He just got here, he's not leaving, we have to hope he can get better players.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: NY Jets draft and reconstruction
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 02:36:34 PM »
Slow times and slower times will beckon, but I think it would be interesting to discuss about what should de Jets do during the draft and free agency. I will start with my (limited) knowledge and I'll let the more knowledgeable guys (I'm looking at you Dreamers) to keep going.

QB: I would prefer us not to draft anyone and go with a veteran and the two young ones we have. Would Tyrod Taylor be a decent possibility? I would prefer him to Cutler or Romo as he would come cheaper. I'm not sold on any of the second tier ones though.

RB: I think we can survive with the two we have, although someone in the latter rounds of the draft could come in handy.

OL: The biggest priority. Carpenter and Shell will stay. I'd like Mangold to stay provided he takes a pay cut and move Johnson to guard. Let's see what happens with Winters. We would obviously need a LT after that and none seems to be good enough to reach for at 6. Any idea of latter rounds or veterans?

WR: I know I'm well in the minority here but I'd like both Marshall and Decker to stay, provided Marshall takes a pay cut. If not, good riddance. All the others should stay too.

TE: I'd like to keep Seferian-Jenkins and Tomlinson and add a good one on the draft.

DL: There's a problem with trading Sheldon and it's that he would probably give us less in return than what we'd get for him if we let him walk next year. Let's see how that situation pans out. Williams and Mo will obviously stay and I liked what I saw of Simon and McLendon (before his injury). Lawrence Thomas was interesting as well before getting hurt.

OLB: We're in deep excrement there. It seems Mauldin and Jenkins could be decent but not much more than that. The rest are garbage. I'd like us to address that position at 6 once and for all although last time we drafted one so high it was the worst bust in franchise history (Gholston).

ILB: I'd like to resign Harris at the right price. He's declining a bit but still busting his derriere on every snap, let's hope Lee polishes his flaws.

S: I don't know what to think of Pryor, I expected this to be his year but he was a mess, although the putrid state of our CBs didn't help. We need to get another one on FA as neither Miles nor Middleton are starting caliber.

CB: Goodbye Revis. Burn the unit to the ground and start anew. Trading down a bit to get Humphrey sounds like a good plan. Maybe keep Burris and Williams. In an ideal world, Skrine would stay to play exclusively in the slot.

Special teams: I'd like Folk to stay provided he agrees to a paycut. Bring some competition at P. Getting some decent depth players would be nice too to prevent the usual shitstorm.

So, to summarize.

I'd like to address the following positions at the draft: OLB, CB (x2), LT, TE, RB (late), S (late).
Free agency: QB, CB, S, OLB.

What do you guys think?

Here's what I mean--this post is less than three years old and the only person mentioned that is still here is McClendon. That has to change.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
How exactly do you propose this organization suddenly learn competence?

excrement rolls downhill.
I don't, it's just a hope rather than wallowing in self pity. Neither is productive.

It s basically this:

Wish in one hand and excrement in the other and see what fills up first. I am not shitting in my hand even though I know hoping is folly.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
I don't, it's just a hope rather than wallowing in self pity. Neither is productive.

It s basically this:

Wish in one hand and excrement in the other and see what fills up first. I am not shitting in my hand even though I know hoping is folly.

It's not self pity for me, just perspective. Like we've been through this before and came out of it ok. In 1995 and 96 we were a laughingstock, in 1998 we were a powerhouse. The mid 70s turned into the Sack Exchange era, but you need someone acquiring players that knows what they are doing.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Re: NY Jets draft and reconstruction
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2019, 02:57:42 PM »
Here's what I mean--this post is less than three years old and the only person mentioned that is still here is McClendon. That has to change.

freak, I forgot about writing this post at all. It’s an extremely depressing read now. We were young and full of hope (not)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

I agree with your sentiment and I usually avoid wallowing in Jets misery but I felt the current moment needed to be "appreciated" for just how damn shitty it is.

I think things can and will get better - that's the key difference between this and SOJF mentality.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau

I agree with your sentiment and I usually avoid wallowing in Jets misery but I felt the current moment needed to be "appreciated" for just how damn shitty it is.

I think things can and will get better - that's the key difference between this and SOJF mentality.
Agreed.

In terms of most miserable seasons since 2000, I would go...
1. 2005
2. 2016
3. 2014
4. 2012
5. 2007

I wasn't young enough to fully appreciate everything around the 1999 season, otherwise that would have been higher.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
When’s the next time we’re competitive? 2020? 2021?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Lookin like 2021/22

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Lookin like 2021/22

I think we can be competitive next year, if you mean around 500 and in the hunt through or past Thanksgiving. Probably the following year before we can expect to contend for the division, especially ours.

Tags: