Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 63631 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Inspired by this post in the game thread:

Has their honestly been a lower point for this franchise? Certainly not in the last 20 years.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Bring back Rex

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
No. This is the lowest mainly because we had hope. Darnold was hands down the best QB prospect we've had. With Sanchez there was controversy whether he was franchise worthy. Not with Darnold. We are in legitimate risk of ruining the best prospect we've ever had.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Not since I’ve been a fan
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
It wouldn't have been quite as bad if we didn't go into the season with hope.  Had a bunch of new players, offensive head coach for the first time in forever, what we thought was our franchise QB.

All burned down.

The saddest part is Darnold's regression. If you know you have a 22 year old franchise QB, the rest you can get over.  We the franchise QB we haven't had in 2 decades and excrement on him.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
I started following this team after the 1-15 season in the mid 90s.  I would say this season is the worst i've been a part of as a fan.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
'14 was the only time I've stopped watching mid-season, since I started to follow football in the early 2000s. At this point 4-12 would be a major overachievemenr for this team.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
I still think the 2005 team was the hardest to watch

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
What makes it extra worse is that we all got our hopes up due to having a potential franchise QB.  This team was supposed to be up and coming....but instead, we're worse than last year and trending in the wrong direction.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
I've been covering the Jets for 31 years and I can say without any doubt this was one of their most embarrassing losses. Ever. This was the kind of loss that gets people fired and leads to off-season overhauls. Inexcusable.

Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer
15m ago

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
I still think the 2005 team was the hardest to watch
I think 2007 was worse. I remember being somewhat entertained by some of our losses in 2005.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
2007 was also when most of us came to terms with the end of Chad too. That sucked.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
I actively didnt like the team at the end of 2016. That was an unlikable team with no hope.

This team has Darnold which is a double edged sword. On one hand, I have a reason to watch. On the other hand, watching us ruin him may be worse.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
Top of my head, this is the worst since 95-96 Kotite days. Due to the disappointment and the fact that the best prospect we've ever drafted is regressing and being under-coached. Other seasons were bad, but there wasn't this dread that we could be watching a franchise-elevating QB slip through our fingers. The offensive line isn't bad....it is historically bad.

Gase is a glorified QB coach, nothing more. He's in so far over his head he can't even see the surface.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Behind this OL Darnold might get enoguh concussions that he won't remember these past two seasons

Then hopefully he can start with a clean slate with a new offense

Tags: