Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 66005 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #570 on: November 09, 2020, 02:51:08 PM »
The fact that we actually got a MNF game so now I have to watch it.

7-9 has it's rewards.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #571 on: November 17, 2020, 02:02:09 PM »

Okay, but if the attitude is that the Jets are a hopeless organization with hopeless ownership, there's no point in even talking with you because you'll just assume the worst out of everything.

Why bother talking about the draft? They'll screw it up.
Why bother talking about the next coach? They'll screw it up.
Why bother talking about the next game? They'll screw it up.

If you don't think the Jets can ever win again under this ownership group, then why even bother posting here, or being a fan? You've already given up.

You talk about Rex as a mistake. Well, a team with a mistake head coach and a bad owner and terrible quarterback was very close to the Super Bowl in back-to-back years. That alone should tell you it's possible to win here.

Do the Bills, Buccaneers, Colts, Raiders, Cardinals and Saints have great ownership groups? Or did they hire the right coach, get the right quarterback, and find success with those guys?

This times infinity plus one.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #572 on: November 20, 2020, 10:57:21 AM »
Sandwiched between D'Brick + Nick and Becton the Jets have drafted the following first-rounders:

Darelle Revis
Vernon Gholston
Dustin Keller
Mark Sanchez
Kyle Wilson
Muhammed Wilkerson
Quinton Coples
Dee Milliner
Sheldon Richardson
Calvin Pryor
Leonard Williams
Darron Lee
Jamal Adams
Sam Darnold
Quinnen Williams

5 secondary players, 4 DL, 2 useless DE/OLB, 2 QBs they ruined, and a TE. 12 picks on defense out of 15, only 1 of whom is still with the team. Not one OL or WR. In a league whose rules have been modified to promote passing offenses.

This team is garbage because it has been run by garbage. excrement rolls downhill.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #573 on: November 20, 2020, 11:32:40 AM »
Sandwiched between D'Brick + Nick and Becton the Jets have drafted the following first-rounders:

Darelle Revis
Vernon Gholston
Dustin Keller
Mark Sanchez
Kyle Wilson
Muhammed Wilkerson
Quinton Coples
Dee Milliner
Sheldon Richardson
Calvin Pryor
Leonard Williams
Darron Lee
Jamal Adams
Sam Darnold
Quinnen Williams

5 secondary players, 4 DL, 2 useless DE/OLB, 2 QBs they ruined, and a TE. 12 picks on defense out of 15, only 1 of whom is still with the team. Not one OL or WR. In a league whose rules have been modified to promote passing offenses.

This team is garbage because it has been run by garbage. excrement rolls downhill.

So much truth in this. But... I would say we didn't ruin Sanchez. We gave him the leagues #1 running game and OL and solid if not top of the line weapons his first couple years. He didn't show signs of being good enough then, and when we couldn't keep it upright he fell far farther than he should have if he was actually going to be a good player.

Your larger point is true. With 15 first rounders, we essentially wasted 5 on terrible players, took 3 reasonable starters, and then got little to no real long term return for 2 more even though they were strong players for us.  Then we drafted 2 bonafide stars in Revis and Adams. Darnold and Williams are 2 young to fully say where they stand, but Q probably goes in the reasonable starters and Sam in the 'wasted' category because of what we did to him.

NOT good drafting in the past 11 years, at all.
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #574 on: November 22, 2020, 02:49:34 AM »
Sanchez was almost the 180 degree opposite of Darnold. The team around him and the coaching staff made him appear to be a franchise QB, but when we needed him to step up and be one we learned he wasn't one.

Darnold has been out there on his own, if he's here next year he'll be on his third coach in four years. If he doesn't take off on a 50 yard TD run we're kicking a FG, punting or turning it over.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #575 on: December 20, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »
So how's everybody doing?

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #576 on: December 20, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »
I'm good.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #577 on: December 20, 2020, 07:50:38 PM »
Fine you?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #578 on: December 20, 2020, 07:55:00 PM »
Also feeling pretty good thanks.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #579 on: December 20, 2020, 07:55:26 PM »

Not enough alcohol in the world to do with the bullshit that is this year. Jets are just the icing on the cake
Need a new one for a new board...

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #580 on: December 20, 2020, 08:01:41 PM »

Good, why?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #581 on: December 20, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »
I’ve never been so disgusted with this franchise
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #582 on: December 20, 2020, 08:03:03 PM »
Next year will be more of the same...
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #583 on: December 20, 2020, 08:10:21 PM »
*reads thread*

Yikes. It's going to be OK, guys.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #584 on: December 20, 2020, 08:11:22 PM »
*reads thread*

Yikes. It's going to be OK, guys.

Have you not been paying attention to college football for the past four years?
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: