Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 63658 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
i don't mind the 05 season as much but that's down to my youthful naïveté at the time

i remember watching very intently and hoping that many of the JAGs we had on the team like derrick strait and kenyatta wright would actually cement a place for themselves on the future of the team. what a clown

also, fvck doug jolley

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
i don't mind the 05 season as much but that's down to my youthful naïveté at the time

i remember watching very intently and hoping that many of the JAGs we had on the team like derrick strait and kenyatta wright would actually cement a place for themselves on the future of the team. what a clown

also, fvck doug jolley

That was my biggest takeaway from that season. My biggest takeaway from the end of that season was freak Mike Nugent.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Basically where we were during the mono weeks last year.

Watching 16 weeks of that would have been painful. But at least the defense was fun at times last year.

This is collectively the worst team I’ve ever been a fan of and it isn’t close. Perhaps when we get some guys healthy (is that ever going to happen?) we don’t look as atrocious but there’s no chance this team ever looks good. I am struggling to think if we have even had a good quarter yet this year and I’m not sure we have. Not even the two picks against Denver will really count as a good quarter with how bad the offense was.

I don’t know if we will ever see another stretch of football this bad again. And thank god for that
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
I can't wait for the story that Gase is slowly poisoning Sam and Becton to make sure he feels needed
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Watching 16 weeks of that would have been painful. But at least the defense was fun at times last year.

This is collectively the worst team I’ve ever been a fan of and it isn’t close. Perhaps when we get some guys healthy (is that ever going to happen?) we don’t look as atrocious but there’s no chance this team ever looks good. I am struggling to think if we have even had a good quarter yet this year and I’m not sure we have. Not even the two picks against Denver will really count as a good quarter with how bad the offense was.

I don’t know if we will ever see another stretch of football this bad again. And thank god for that
Week 1, 3rd quarter, Jets won 7-0

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
To me 2005 was worse because we were just a FG away from the AFC Championship Game that January and it all fell apart. In 1996 we knew going in it was going to be bad, kind of like this year.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
fcken doug brien POS

bad year for jet dougs

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
To me 2005 was worse because we were just a FG away from the AFC Championship Game that January and it all fell apart. In 1996 we knew going in it was going to be bad, kind of like this year.
It's easy to say that now but I don't know exactly at what point I gave up on this year. Maybe after week 2.

Going into the season I was uneasy because the roster was not demonstrably better than last year's, but I had a bit of hope that Darnold could take some magical year 3 step and put the team on his back.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #550 on: November 06, 2020, 10:33:03 PM »
I... miss Herm Edwards. That's how bad this is.

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #551 on: November 07, 2020, 02:00:25 AM »
I... miss Herm Edwards. That's how bad this is.

Just rewatch the closing seconds of the PO game in Pittsburgh and I'm sure you wont for long.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #552 on: November 07, 2020, 09:10:39 AM »
Just rewatch the closing seconds of the PO game in Pittsburgh and I'm sure you wont for long.

You can zero in on anyone's worst moments. We got to the playoffs 3 times in Herm's first 4 years, 2005 was basically mailed in after Chad and Fiedler got hurt and Herm had KC lined up. Once Chad got in there he covered for Herm's flaws, that's the kind of QB Rex needed.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #553 on: November 07, 2020, 09:37:38 AM »
You can zero in on anyone's worst moments. We got to the playoffs 3 times in Herm's first 4 years, 2005 was basically mailed in after Chad and Fiedler got hurt and Herm had KC lined up. Once Chad got in there he covered for Herm's flaws, that's the kind of QB Rex needed.
It was seeing him speaking to his ASU players that made me feel that way. I don't think Gase could motivate a banana to rot.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #554 on: November 07, 2020, 09:50:52 AM »
We're seeing now how much Brady meant to Belichick. New England was 5-13 with Belichick until Brady went in and 2-5 since he's gone. Every coach, especially from the defensive side, needs a QB to make good decisions on the field and execute them.

Tags: