Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 65864 times)

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #390 on: September 28, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »
Adam Gase's 2019-20 Jets are the first team in NFL history to have back-to-back seasons starting 0-3 with under 20 points and 300 yards in each game

Gase < Kotite

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
^ Never forget people on this board supported the HC up until week 1 of this season.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
^ Never forget people on this board supported the HC up until week 1 of this season.

I can list a few...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
I can list a few...

I did.  I wouldn't have cared if they fired him last year though.  I'm not surprised things have gone south, but I thought he deserved another year.  I'm done now.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
I did.  I wouldn't have cared if they fired him last year though.  I'm not surprised things have gone south, but I thought he deserved another year.  I'm done now.

Once he was here he's here, you root for the team. I don't think anyone loved the hire. The second half of last year gave us some hope, you can say the schedule but you still have to win the games. This year's team isn't winning those games.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Once he was here he's here, you root for the team. I don't think anyone loved the hire. The second half of last year gave us some hope, you can say the schedule but you still have to win the games. This year's team isn't winning those games.
Not sure it really gave anyone all that much hope, but going 7-9 with last year's roster and Darnold's mono pretty much met expectations for me. It was uglier than I expected, but I don't like firing coaches unless I have to, and I didn't think last year was enough to fire him. If they fired him, I would have been fine with it, but I didn't think it was really deserved.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Not sure it really gave anyone all that much hope, but going 7-9 with last year's roster and Darnold's mono pretty much met expectations for me. It was uglier than I expected, but I don't like firing coaches unless I have to, and I didn't think last year was enough to fire him. If they fired him, I would have been fine with it, but I didn't think it was really deserved.

So we're saying the same thing. By hope, I mean once we got our QB healthy and he figured out the offense a little, we won a bunch of games. I thought with no off season or pre season, the teams with some continuity in their systems would have a leg up, but it hasn't happened that way.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
was never a fan of the hire but i felt like i had my own boat in a 'i don't like him at all but am willing to give him time given this crap situation/roster' sort of way.

was more or less underwhelmed with him at every step of the way and the social ineptitude he possesses that resulted in that bewildering introductory press conference was definitely a harbinger of the excrement to come

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
https://twitter.com/picksixpod/status/1314252106203901952?s=21

Original:

somebody should make a video of that but transpose the gase faces/eyes from the intro presser onto theirs while they unsuccessfully attempt to drink the juice

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington

Might I remind you, we lost to TWO winless teams last year. T-W-O

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
GASE will go down as the worst Jets HC in the history of the franchise.

I remember the Kotite years...we were definitely bad, but we weren't uncompetitive. Our offensive rankings weren't this inept.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

I remember the Kotite years...we were definitely bad, but we weren't uncompetitive. Our offensive rankings weren't this inept.

"Offensive genius".
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr

Lol, what.

Kotite is the worst coach in the history of the franchise until this team actually goes 0-16.

Tags: