Author Topic: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?  (Read 65752 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2020, 03:01:36 PM »
Keep it in the COVID thread.

Sorry, this excrement moves around so much, I see a post and answer it.

Regarding this team being depressing, we're two games in. Last year we got better as the year went along, but we can't dig another giant hole or the second half will be garbage time again. Not expecting this, but a couple of our best seasons started 0-2, including 1998 before Vinny came in for Foley. Just saying it's early, not that is isn't terrible.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Official Serious Debate: When was the last time the team was this depressing?
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2020, 03:17:42 PM »
Regarding this team being depressing, we're two games in. Last year we got better as the year went along

Counterpoint: it didn't, the opposition just got worse.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2020, 03:19:20 PM »
Counterpoint: it didn't, the opposition just got worse.

A little of both, but if we didn't play better we wouldn't have beaten any of them.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2020, 05:20:05 PM »
This is why we shouldn't be totally depressed.  We don't just have a left tackle; we've got the left tackle. 

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1308447818328297473

THIS MANS STILL DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY PRO FOOTBALL YET

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2020, 05:30:51 PM »
This is why we shouldn't be totally depressed.  We don't just have a left tackle; we've got the left tackle. 

Becton is my favorite pick since Brick. Yes, that includes Darnold.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2020, 05:38:11 PM »

It blows my mind how good he has been.

It's a real shame that he is on our atrocious offense, so he won't get the credit he deserves. Even if he actually is the best rookie at the end of the season there is almost no chance that he is given the chance to win a OROY award as an Olineman
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2020, 05:41:04 PM »
Still, having the QB and the LT is a huge head start, even if we do rebuild yet again. And Q is a big piece, you start at the line of scrimmage and the QB.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2020, 05:42:30 PM »

This is awesome and gives us some hope. One of the most important positions looks to be setup with a cornerstone piece that has all-pro potential. Imagine giving this guy a half way decent guard next to him? Douglas knocked this pick out of the park.

Honestly, every time a run is called that is not behind Becton is a wasted opportunity.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2020, 05:52:22 PM »
This is awesome and gives us some hope. One of the most important positions looks to be setup with a cornerstone piece that has all-pro potential. Imagine giving this guy a half way decent guard next to him? Douglas knocked this pick out of the park.

Honestly, every time a run is called that is not behind Becton is a wasted opportunity.

We've got plenty of run plays behind Becton, we just didn't get to them.  You don't go to your strongest plays unless everything else has worked first. 

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2020, 06:41:28 PM »
We've got plenty of run plays behind Becton, we just didn't get to them.  You don't go to your strongest plays unless everything else has worked first.

Ah the Gase method. I forgot. I’m not brilliant

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #371 on: September 23, 2020, 09:54:46 AM »
I didn't even know he was with AZ.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: