Author Topic: Week 7 - Patriots at Jets  (Read 5755 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Week 7 - Patriots at Jets
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2019, 09:18:38 AM »
Despite being completely predictable every week, Edelman will only have one guy covering him and will be wide open on many routes all night long. I don't care how hurt he is, they need the blanket that fucker with about eight cornerbacks.  If the Jets can't find a way to get any pressure on Brady and not let him sit back and have three days to pass, it doesn't matter what else they do.

These aren't issues that are specific to the Jets either. Edelman is wide open all the time against every other team as well.   Brady is routinely throwing to receivers that have no one within 5 yards of them.  No one seems to have figured out how to get any pressure on Brady. He almost never gets hit or sacked, and I don't think it's because he is some sort of athletic miracle. I don't know if it's because their offensive line coach has sold his soul to the devil, but he seems to routinely turn dusty turds into gold nuggets every single year.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »
Despite being completely predictable every week, Edelman will only have one guy covering him and will be wide open on many routes all night long. I don't care how hurt he is, they need the blanket that fucker with about eight cornerbacks.  If the Jets can't find a way to get any pressure on Brady and not let him sit back and have three days to pass, it doesn't matter what else they do.

These aren't issues that are specific to the Jets either. Edelman is wide open all the time against every other team as well.   Brady is routinely throwing to receivers that have no one within 5 yards of them.  No one seems to have figured out how to get any pressure on Brady. He almost never gets hit or sacked, and I don't think it's because he is some sort of athletic miracle. I don't know if it's because their offensive line coach has sold his soul to the devil, but he seems to routinely turn dusty turds into gold nuggets every single year.

[insert random Eeyore woe is me pic here]
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2019, 10:03:35 AM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2019, 11:29:00 AM »

I read this as random “eyedea” ...

I wonder what that moronic midget is up to these days...
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2019, 11:34:20 AM »
Let’s Go

Kill Bardy

Jets win 21-17
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2019, 01:15:09 PM »

It's not their offensive line coach. It's another who has already sold his soul (and personality)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2019, 01:36:39 PM »
Send Jamal every single play until Brady has to be carted off the field.

I really want to be optimistic, and I would love to be as wrong as I was for the Dallas game, but I just don't see how this game isn't over 5 minutes into the third.

There are no moral victories, but I'll be happy if they at least keep it within 10.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »

I think Brady is a genius at reading defenses since he's been doing it forever, and Scarnecchia is the best OL coach in the game. It's a tough combination to crack.

As for Edelman, let him catch 5-yard passes, just tackle him right away, and make a couple stops on 3rd down.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »
Send Jamal every single play until Brady has to be carted off the field.

I really want to be optimistic, and I would love to be as wrong as I was for the Dallas game, but I just don't see how this game isn't over 5 minutes into the third.

There are no moral victories, but I'll be happy if they at least keep it within 10.
100% the Jets win now

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2019, 02:05:46 PM »
100% the Jets win now

Now it's on you if/when they lose.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2019, 02:10:36 PM »
Burkhead has been ruled out also.

If Mosley is back to 80-90% I don't understand why we couldn't shut this offense down.
For that reason I think the Pats will score 50 points

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2019, 02:42:06 PM »
Are we wearing the black again? I want to get my right gang excrement out for the game.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2019, 03:23:56 PM »
Burkhead has been ruled out also.

If Mosley is back to 80-90% I don't understand why we couldn't shut this offense down.
For that reason I think the Pats will score 50 points
If we don't let New England bust open any big plays with coverage breakdowns, we should slow down their offense a lot. I just worry about a coverage breakdown leading to a long James White or Dorsett TD.

Edelman will get his, but the key is to tackle him as soon as he catches it.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2019, 03:33:27 PM »
I'm going to a Tool concert as soon as the game ends, so if they win, so if they win, tonight will be a party, and if they lose, at least I get to take out my anger by headbanging.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
Who else is drinkin
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: