Author Topic: Jets beat Cowboys/refs 24-22  (Read 6748 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jets beat Cowboys/refs 24-22
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2019, 07:46:29 PM »

Saw this yesterday, but this confirms to me what I said Sunday night, we got lucky and took full advantage of them freaking up.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »
Saw this yesterday, but this confirms to me what I said Sunday night, we got lucky and took full advantage of them freaking up.

Or it's a highly selective bullshit statistic someone made up to embarrass the Cowboys.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »
Or it's a highly selective bullshit statistic someone made up to embarrass the Cowboys.
True. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »

I fail to see why both can’t be true. Just because we won the game, that doesn’t mean Dallas didn’t do some excrement that’s mind boggling to allow us to do it.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2019, 08:45:37 PM »
I fail to see why both can’t be true. Just because we won the game, that doesn’t mean Dallas didn’t do some excrement that’s mind boggling to allow us to do it.

Dallas dropped the ball in the redzone

But so did we. Darnold had a poor int, and a shitty penalty that derailed a scoring drive. But their time of possession was a pretty big thing

I mean it's also kinda mind boggling how we scored at ease, and then couldn't score for excrement

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2019, 11:21:53 PM »

As someone who works in stats, you're right. It's somewhat notable, but whoever came up with it basically picked whatever stats he could find on Reference to narrow it down until the Cowboys were the only loss.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2019, 11:57:35 PM »
Haha

Keep an eye on NFL Network the next few nights, they rerun a couple of the closest games from the weekend. At least they always did, I tuned out after Week 1 this year.

NFL Network did rerun the game tonight. I don't see it showing again but you might be able to get it on demand.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »
I watched it again yesterday, a couple of things that stood out to me and I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere:

- we did a good job getting pressure up the middle, even if that didn't turn into sacks. Leonard Williams was good, he ragdolled Frederick a couple of times

- the playcalling was OK at times, but we really did ourselves no favours in the second half with an over reliance on Sam's arm

- TruJo and Roberts looked halfway passable, both made some plays and neither really coughed up anything too significant

- Marcus Maye is really freaking good
A cross-dressing limey poofter

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2019, 01:13:15 PM »
- the playcalling was OK at times, but we really did ourselves no favours in the second half with an over reliance on Sam's arm
This was bothering me during the game.  I kept on thinking why weren't we running the ball, but looking back on it, Dallas had 8 in the box all game.  You have to take what the defense gives you.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Gase called a couple of well timed screens to counteract this.

- Marcus Maye is really freaking good

This excites me.  What were you seeing; good man coverage, zone coverage, run defense?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2019, 01:20:49 PM »
This excites me.  What were you seeing; good man coverage, zone coverage, run defense?

What particularly stood out was the way he was reading Prescott; there was a lot of Cover 1 and Maye wasn't caught out of position once. The couple of times Dallas did try and attack him he was in the right position and made good plays to break it up. I'm sure it helped that they didn't have Cooper to stretch the field, but Maye's a real ball player.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2019, 01:38:19 PM »
What particularly stood out was the way he was reading Prescott; there was a lot of Cover 1 and Maye wasn't caught out of position once. The couple of times Dallas did try and attack him he was in the right position and made good plays to break it up. I'm sure it helped that they didn't have Cooper to stretch the field, but Maye's a real ball player.

too bad he's a piece of glass
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2019, 03:14:56 PM »
This was bothering me during the game.  I kept on thinking why weren't we running the ball, but looking back on it, Dallas had 8 in the box all game.  You have to take what the defense gives you.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Gase called a couple of well timed screens to counteract this.

I think over-reliance on the screen is going to be a necessary evil until this coaching staff is comfortable with the o-line's ability to buy Sam a clean pocket/until defenses adjust and stop stacking the box to stop LeVeon.

Even when Bell isn't productive, he commands so much attention that it opens up a host of possibilities.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2019, 06:55:04 PM »
too bad he's a piece of glass

Hasn't missed a snap this season. 

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2019, 08:26:17 PM »

He saved a TD on a Zeke run too. He’s turned into a really good player (with the obvious asterisk).

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2019, 08:32:58 PM »
Maye has done a better job filling the alley than any other safety in the NFL not named Jamal Adams.

We have the best duo there.  Just hope Maye stays healthy.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: