Author Topic: Jets beat Cowboys/refs 24-22  (Read 6747 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: Jets beat Cowboys/refs 24-22
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2019, 11:48:50 PM »
The PI call on Adams was criminal. This game is becoming unwatchable.

An unbelievably bad call especially at that point in the game. 1st and 25 and the Cowboys get gifted a first down thanks to the guys in striped shirts.

Refs had just an awful game today, the missed face-mask on Crowder was also big.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 12:28:19 AM »
An unbelievably bad call especially at that point in the game. 1st and 25 and the Cowboys get gifted a first down thanks to the guys in striped shirts.

Refs had just an awful game today, the missed face-mask on Crowder was also big.

That penalty (face mask) was at least a 10 point swing. Ridiculous
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 04:01:06 AM »
Apparently every offensive player except Fales got at least one offensive snap this game

That's highly unusual

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2019, 04:26:26 AM »
Apparently every offensive player except Fales got at least one offensive snap this game

That's highly unusual

Fire Gase!

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2019, 05:52:22 AM »
Lots of good to be excited about, but in a lot of ways Dallas outplayed us and lost

- Gallup dropping passes left and right
- going for it on 4th down down 3-7, kick that field goal and the end is a different playing field.
- same is true of the missed FG

Our defense got it done. I’m excited, but they still got run over and allowed them to move at will all second half. Did anyone else think that if they collected the 2-pt conversion we were going to find a way to win?

Positives
- Sam slinging like a boss. Great game, but that interception almost cost us the game in the end. Has to protect points. He will learn

- Ryan Griffin played his best game as a Jet

- I never thought I’d be terrified to see Neville Hewitt get hurt. When he went out, Dallas had a lot more room to run.

- Adams and Maye played really well

- Quinnen Williams made a ton of plays relative to his number of snaps played. I am not sure if he’s on a snap count because he is coming back from injury, but he should be playing more snaps if he’s able

- Leo played a strong game as well. He didn’t get any sacks (that lone honor goes to Jordan Jenkins) but he was in the backfield a bunch and jumped off the screen to me a lot more than he has earlier this season.

- for all the talk of the Dallas line, not much mention by the announcers of the Jets needing the OL shuffle when Beachum got hurt. That group still wasn’t good, Sam was running for his life a lot, but he did make them look like a reasonable group. Still very little to no push in the run game though.

- We got one. Thank god for that. We needed that in the worst way
Need a new one for a new board...

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2019, 09:59:18 AM »
Lots of good to be excited about, but in a lot of ways Dallas outplayed us and lost

- Gallup dropping passes left and right
- going for it on 4th down down 3-7, kick that field goal and the end is a different playing field.
- same is true of the missed FG

Our defense got it done. I’m excited, but they still got run over and allowed them to move at will all second half. Did anyone else think that if they collected the 2-pt conversion we were going to find a way to win?

Positives
- Sam slinging like a boss. Great game, but that interception almost cost us the game in the end. Has to protect points. He will learn

- Ryan Griffin played his best game as a Jet

- I never thought I’d be terrified to see Neville Hewitt get hurt. When he went out, Dallas had a lot more room to run.

- Adams and Maye played really well

- Quinnen Williams made a ton of plays relative to his number of snaps played. I am not sure if he’s on a snap count because he is coming back from injury, but he should be playing more snaps if he’s able

- Leo played a strong game as well. He didn’t get any sacks (that lone honor goes to Jordan Jenkins) but he was in the backfield a bunch and jumped off the screen to me a lot more than he has earlier this season.

- for all the talk of the Dallas line, not much mention by the announcers of the Jets needing the OL shuffle when Beachum got hurt. That group still wasn’t good, Sam was running for his life a lot, but he did make them look like a reasonable group. Still very little to no push in the run game though.

- We got one. Thank god for that. We needed that in the worst way

I don’t agree with the first part. I, for once, thought we had a shot to win it if they scored. Darnold moved the offense whenever it was needed, and he could very well have put us in FG range. Ficken making it was a different thing but we’ve had a shot.
The game changed after the INT, but if Darnold doesn’t make that mistake, the game would have been essentially over by the 3Q. Then the tide turned against us but we were way better in the first half and in the NFL, even teams tend to produce even games no matter the flow.
For me, the victory was completely deserved.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »
That Jamal Adams blitz on the 2 pt conversion >>>>>>>>>>
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2019, 12:06:32 PM »
Anyone have a link to watch this game?

I totally remember all of it though

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 12:22:10 PM »
Anyone have a link to watch this game?

I totally remember all of it though

Haha

Keep an eye on NFL Network the next few nights, they rerun a couple of the closest games from the weekend. At least they always did, I tuned out after Week 1 this year.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 01:07:42 PM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 01:15:58 PM »
^That's rough
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2019, 01:31:52 PM »
Ahahaha!
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2019, 02:09:47 PM »
I can see why they kept Fatukasi around now

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1183709314722226177

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh