Author Topic: The Saga of Antonio Brown  (Read 20073 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: The Saga of Antonio Brown
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2019, 07:06:11 PM »
Ugh
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2019, 07:11:11 PM »
So the Patriots have
Antonio Brown
Josh Gordon
Demaryius Thomas
Julian Edelman

I know BeBe is probably washed up but that is insane

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2019, 07:19:44 PM »
I hope he tears both of his ACLs
This times 53

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2019, 07:42:04 PM »
Is it too much to hope for that Brown actually is off his rocker and he destroys them from the inside out?

If he just played the crazy guy to get cut (hoping to keep his money) and then end up in New England, where Pittsburgh never would have sent him...
Need a new one for a new board...

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2019, 08:03:38 PM »
Is it too much to hope for that Brown actually is off his rocker and he destroys them from the inside out?

If he just played the crazy guy to get cut (hoping to keep his money) and then end up in New England, where Pittsburgh never would have sent him...

The reason Belichick loves signings like these are 1) he might behave and play well once he's a Patriot, or 2) he can make an example of a big name player to reinforce "The Patriot Way."

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2019, 08:03:45 PM »
Drew Rosenhaus should DIAF too
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2019, 09:39:11 PM »

Not a chance in hell AB is playing crazy. He is CTE squared.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2019, 10:13:11 AM »
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.
That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with coach Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

I'm rather curious the NFL's stance on this

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »
What could they do?

The NFLPA will fight everything they try and blame mental health issues, which is likely true to begin with.

CTE

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2019, 08:15:26 PM »
What could they do?

The NFLPA will fight everything they try and blame mental health issues, which is likely true to begin with.

CTE

Could certainly investigate the Patriots for collusion if a player was actively making an effort to get cut to sign there.

Surely there's a good probability that he directly or indirectly gauged interest from New England before blowing up his contract.

Not to mention what's to stop other players who aren't happy from their contracts in doing this?

Instead of guys holding out for their contracts, it makes more sense for them to just do this so they can get cut and become unrestricted free agents.

It's a slippery slope, but regardless players shouldn't be able to manipulate teams like this when they're under contract.

On a side note Tom Brady asked Antonio Brown to come live with him and Giselle

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2019, 10:55:47 AM »
I hope he tears both of his ACLs

I don't root for injury, but I wouldn't feel the least bit bad if this happened.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2019, 06:35:35 PM »
I don't root for injury, but I wouldn't feel the least bit bad if this happened.

There's only select Patriots I actively root for getting injured. But what Brown did was exceptionally scummy and he did to end up with the Pats, so freak him twice. Anything he gets, he deserves worse

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2019, 07:50:02 PM »

Tags: