Author Topic: Assorted 2020 Mock Drafts  (Read 25042 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Assorted 2020 Mock Drafts
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2020, 01:42:10 PM »
Any clue why?

I'm assuming people or proposing Becton over Wills, but there still needs to be 1-2 more "surprises".  Whether that is a DT or a WR going ahead of us.

Becton and Wirfs over Wills, but I feel like these mock drafts are designed as clickbait as well and offensive tackles are not sexy picks.

I'd be shocked if Becton/Wirfs/Wills make it out of the top 10. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2020, 05:14:37 PM »
Cimini did a mock draft

https://twitter.com/chriscarlin/status/1250624092862132233?s=21

1- Mekhi Becton
2- Michael Pittman
3- Damon Annette
3- Van Jefferson
4- Curtis Weaver
5- Cam Akers
6- Jon Runyan
6- Rashard Lawrence

If only talent would last that long in real life
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Assorted 2020 Mock Drafts
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2020, 05:15:28 PM »
#Makhai
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2020, 07:05:51 AM »

ROUND 1: (No. 11)
Iowa OL Tristan Wirfs
The Jets get their first break in a draft filled with good fortune when the ultra-athletic Wirfs lands in their laps. The 6-4, 320-pounder is a super-freak that tested off the charts at the Scouting Combine. He might not have the desirable long arms to play tackle, but his athleticism and explosiveness should mitigate those concerns. Wirfs played the bulk of three seasons on the right side (29 of 33 starts). He has the ability to transition to the left, but the smart money is that Wirfs is the Day 1 starting right tackle with veteran George Fant protecting Darnold’s blindside in 2020.

ROUND 2: (No. 48)
TCU WR Jalen Reagor
Adam Gase gets an electric addition to help pull his offense out of the doldrums. The Jets wanted to bring more juice to the table. The 5-11, 206-pound Reagor might not be a giant, but he has the game speed to take it to the house from anywhere on the field. His statistical dip last season (43 catches, 611 yards, 5 TDs) was more a reflection of his inexperienced quarterback than him. Reagor, who averaged 17 yards per punt return in three seasons, will also instantly improve special teams. He’ll provide an instant jolt to Gase’s offense and the return game. The biggest question: Will he make it to No. 48?

ROUND 3: (No. 68)
Temple C Matt Hennessy
The Jets would love nothing more than to shore up the pivot for the next decade and slide Connor McGovern to guard. Hennessy has the lateral quickness, high football I.Q. and toughness to aid Darnold for the foreseeable future. He’s an ideal fit for Gang Green’s zone-blocking scheme. The 6-4, 307-pound Hennessy, whose older brother, Thomas, is the Jets’ long-snapper, more than makes up for his lack of brute strength by checking just about every other box.

ROUND 3: (No. 79)
Utah S Terrell Burgess

Gregg Williams gets some help with a versatile piece on the back end. Although the 5-11, 202-pound Burgess isn’t the most imposing physical presence, he’s a heady player with a varied skillset that could be moved around in Williams’ scheme. Burgess opened eyes in his first year moving from cornerback to safety. He can cover in the slot and play the deep middle. Williams’ depth chart isn’t linear. A player like Burgess can offer immediate value doing several jobs.
Williams’ teammate Bradlee Anae is a serious consideration in this spot. Anae’s motor as an edge rusher would be a welcomed addition. Louisiana Tech ball-hawking cornerback Amik Robertson would help here too, but Burgess’ versatility is too much to pass up.

ROUND 4: (No. 120)
Kentucky WR Lynn Bowden Jr.
[More Jets] Jamal Adams should be the Jets highest paid player »
Gase gets another versatile piece to his puzzle with a quarterback-turned wideout with plenty of promise. The 5-11, 204-pound Bowden still has to refine his route-running, but he has tantalizing open-field awareness and elusiveness that make him a worthwhile Day 3 pick. Bowden also offers plenty of immediate special teams value with a 22-plus yards per punt and kick return average. He has the tools to be a quality contributor.

ROUND 5: (No. 158)
Kansas OT Hakeem Adeniji
Douglas adds a high-character football junkie with foot quickness in the trenches. The 6-4, 302-pound Adeniji started 48 consecutive games (43 at left tackle) on the edge before showing versatility by sliding inside during Senior Bowl week. He’s a fundamentally sound player with plenty of zone-blocking experience who would be a quality choice if he slipped to the fifth round. He could play three or four positions at the next level.

ROUND 6: (No. 191)
Texas A&M P Braden Mann
[More Jets] Jets had virtual meetings with 5 quarterback draft prospects: sources »
Mann, who averaged 51 yards per punt in the past two seasons, has a cannon for a leg. He broke the single-season collegiate record for punting average en route to winning the Ray Guy Award as the nation’s best punter in 2018. The Jets, who let Lachlan Edwards walk in free agency, were interested in signing veteran Sam Martin in free agency before he landed in Denver. Mann would be a relatively inexpensive field flipper, who’s also adept at directional punting. This might wind up being a sneaky great selection.

ROUND 6: (No. 211)
Oregon WR Juwan Johnson
The Jets swing for the fences with their third wideout of the draft class. The 6-4, 230-pound Johnson has the physical traits to excel. He’ll need quality coaching to improve his route-running, but the tools are there. Johnson must show that he’s all-in. There’s plenty of untapped potential.

Manish

Good, realistic mock here. I would rather take the aforementioned Anae or Robertson with our second 3rd rounder though.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2020, 07:26:33 AM »
If we took Terrell Burgess over Amik Robertson, I would be be pissed
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2020, 07:55:39 AM »
The only way a true safety being taken that high makes any sense is if Adams is traded, an agenda item Manish is pushing hard. Take Robertson and profit there
Need a new one for a new board...

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2020, 08:23:53 AM »
Manish

Good, realistic mock here. I would rather take the aforementioned Anae or Robertson with our second 3rd rounder though.

Love that 6th rd pick

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2020, 09:26:46 AM »
Love that 6th rd pick

One shank and you would be losing your excrement and you know it.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2020, 11:52:58 AM »

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2020, 12:11:23 PM »
Manish

6 offensive players 3 being lineman.  Yes please.

I don't think picking a safety is that asinine if he can also play the slot.  Poole is on a one year deal, Maye gets injured all the time and we have no depth at either position.  I know nothing about the player but i think the idea is pretty interesting.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2020, 11:48:26 AM »
PFF does not think highly of Mt Becton

2 hits

Tags: