Author Topic: Assorted 2020 Mock Drafts  (Read 24963 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2020 Mock Drafts
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2020, 02:39:50 PM »
You value Lynn Bowden that highly? I’m surprised to see him at 68 from you.
Bowden is a stud playmaker. I wouldn't be upset with him at 68 even if he was available way later on the site I mocked on.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2020, 02:49:19 PM »
You value Lynn Bowden that highly? I’m surprised to see him at 68 from you.

Bowden is a Top 100 player to me.  I knew I wasn't going to be get two better playmakers than Bowden and Claypool if I waited. 

Marlon Davidson is a Top 30 prospect for me as well.  I see him as an EDGE while a lot of people have him as a DT.  He is the next Melvin Ingram. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2020, 02:53:45 PM »
Bowden is a Top 100 player to me.  I knew I wasn't going to be get two better playmakers than Bowden and Claypool if I waited. 

Marlon Davidson is a Top 30 prospect for me as well.  I see him as an EDGE while a lot of people have him as a DT.  He is the next Melvin Ingram. 

When I stopped to think about it, I’d you think of Bowden as Brad Smith 2.0, then he ends up worth that pick, a guy able to just do a million things for you
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2020, 03:09:25 PM »
When I stopped to think about it, I’d you think of Bowden as Brad Smith 2.0, then he ends up worth that pick, a guy able to just do a million things for you

Lynn Bowden is a way better receiver than Brad Smith could've ever been.  Smith just never got a chance to do it at Missouri.

Bowden is really dynamic with the football in his hands.  If he was given the chance to play WR full time at Kentucky, I think he'd be seen as a second round prospect.  He did whatever the asked of him though and it slowed his development.  I'll take a warrior over some more polished, tapped out receivers in the middle rounds. 

Randall Cobb is the closest comparison. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2020, 08:31:20 AM »
11 - Mekhi Becton - OT - Louisville

48 - Cesar Ruiz - IOL - Michigan

68 - Marlon Davidson - EDGE - Auburn

79 - Chase Claypool - WR - Notre Dame

120 - Anthony McFarland - RB - Maryland

158 - Quintez Cephus - WR - Wisconsin

191 - Levonta Taylor - CB - Florida State

211 - Jeff Thomas - WR - Miami (FL)

---

Fortified the offensive line with Mekhi Becton and Cesar Ruiz.  This is how you help Sam Darnold.  Protect him and let him elevate the skill talent around him.  It's time for him to start doing that. 

The talent at wideout in the third round was there but I saw some guys on the board that I really valued as mid-to-late rounders.  Claypool is a player that the Jets are heavily interested in.  He is a mismatch for most corners and can line up all over the place.  We need a true possession receiver.  Cephus has a massive character red flag with the 2018 suspension but the case was dropped.  Jeff Thomas is a serious sleeper.  He has great deep speed and he's undervalued because he always played with awful QBs.

Marlon Davidson and Amik Robertson are my favorite defensive players in the draft.  I chose the EDGE rusher in Davidson over Robertson.

McFarland is a great compliment to Le'Veon Bell and a scheme fit.  He is a homerun hitter. 

Levonta Taylor is someone that never lived up to the hype but there's lots of talent to work with. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 08:34:15 AM by Heismanberg »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2020, 07:18:56 PM »
11 - Mekhi Becton - OT - Louisville

48 - Cesar Ruiz - IOL - Michigan

68 - Marlon Davidson - EDGE - Auburn

79 - Chase Claypool - WR - Notre Dame

120 - Anthony McFarland - RB - Maryland

158 - Quintez Cephus - WR - Wisconsin

191 - Levonta Taylor - CB - Florida State

211 - Jeff Thomas - WR - Miami (FL)

---

Fortified the offensive line with Mekhi Becton and Cesar Ruiz.  This is how you help Sam Darnold.  Protect him and let him elevate the skill talent around him.  It's time for him to start doing that. 

The talent at wideout in the third round was there but I saw some guys on the board that I really valued as mid-to-late rounders.  Claypool is a player that the Jets are heavily interested in.  He is a mismatch for most corners and can line up all over the place.  We need a true possession receiver.  Cephus has a massive character red flag with the 2018 suspension but the case was dropped.  Jeff Thomas is a serious sleeper.  He has great deep speed and he's undervalued because he always played with awful QBs.

Marlon Davidson and Amik Robertson are my favorite defensive players in the draft.  I chose the EDGE rusher in Davidson over Robertson.

McFarland is a great compliment to Le'Veon Bell and a scheme fit.  He is a homerun hitter. 

Levonta Taylor is someone that never lived up to the hype but there's lots of talent to work with.
Very nice top to bottom; like your insights and your general take on things draft-wise and otherwise and would sign up for this mock in a minute.  A few comments/questions if I may.

- Is Ruiz still around at 48?  If not and Cushenberry was still on the board would you grab him or look at some other OL or other (e.g. BPA) position? 

- Davidson on the edge at 280 lbs. plus?  I remember you saying he kicked Andrew Thomas' derriere (just thinking of the Sheldon Richardson at edge experiment).   If (just saying 'if') FSU's Cam Akers were somehow still available in the 3rd, thoughts? 

- Claypool: solid pick (and his 40 time in the combine was a nice eye-opener).  McFarland: HR hitter indeed.  Cephus: underrated high value (was thinking of Juwaan Jennings TN as another good value/potential pick).   

- Levonta Taylor: 1st round talent; is his back injury behind him?   

- Jeff Thomas: another huge talent/red flags.  Guy was kicked off by Mark Richt, was going to go home to the Illini, returned to UM when Manny Diaz became HC (however Diaz ended up suspending him as well). His combine didn't help either.  Anyway, if his head's screwed on, big time talent and a potential steal in (imho) a smaller ODB package.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2020, 07:31:47 PM »
Is Ruiz still around at 48?  If not and Cushenberry was still on the board would you grab him or look at some other OL or other (e.g. BPA) position?

I don't think Ruiz will be there in the actual draft, but he was too good to pass on during this run through of TDN's Mock Simulator. 

If he was off the board, I would've gone with Laviksa Shenault. 

Davidson on the edge at 280 lbs. plus?  I remember you saying he kicked Andrew Thomas' derriere (just thinking of the Sheldon Richardson at edge experiment).   If (just saying 'if') FSU's Cam Akers were somehow still available in the 3rd, thoughts?

If you play him as a stand-up EDGE, I think he cuts to 270.  He reminds me A LOT of Melvin Ingram when he was playing for South Carolina.  Super versatile front seven player that you can line up everywhere. 

I don't know if we can take a back that early, but Akers is a solid fit.   

Levonta Taylor: 1st round talent; is his back injury behind him?

No idea about his health, but he is far too talented to pass on in the late rounds. 

Jeff Thomas: another huge talent/red flags.  Guy was kicked off by Mark Richt, was going to go home to the Illini, returned to UM when Manny Diaz became HC (however Diaz ended up suspending him as well). His combine didn't help either.  Anyway, if his head's screwed on, big time talent and a potential steal in (imho) a smaller ODB package.

In the right situation, he can be a star.  The only players more explosive than Thomas in this class are Ruggs, Lamb, and Hamler. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2020, 10:43:25 AM »
Draft the Terps!

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2020, 10:47:34 AM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107686/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-giants-snag-wr-in-round-4

not a fan of this
This guy knows nothing about the Jets.

If that's how the draft fell I would have no problem with trading back a few spots, but not so it takes us out of position for 1 of the 3 players we want only to draft a safety/slot cb in the 3rd...

freak off

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2020, 10:52:41 AM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107686/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-giants-snag-wr-in-round-4

not a fan of this
Brutal. 
And in addition to the 4th round link you posted above:
- 1st round: has the Jets trading down and missing out on Jedrick Wills who's available in order to pick Chaisson.
- 2nd round: Madubuike, DT, just what the doctor ordered.
- 3rd round: Reagor at #68 (still available?); #78 Antoine Winfried, Safety; #79 Ben Bartch, OT (St. John's)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2020, 10:53:07 AM »
accidental double post - sorry

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2020, 11:15:32 AM »
That is the worst mock draft for the Jets that I have ever seen

I could draft 7 running backs and it would be a better draft than that

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2020, 12:25:40 PM »
Brutal. 
And in addition to the 4th round link you posted above:
- 1st round: has the Jets trading down and missing out on Jedrick Wills who's available in order to pick Chaisson.
- 2nd round: Madubuike, DT, just what the doctor ordered.
- 3rd round: Reagor at #68 (still available?); #78 Antoine Winfried, Safety; #79 Ben Bartch, OT (St. John's)

I got more offended the further i moved down each round.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: