Author Topic: The Joe Douglas semi-erect hog Garage  (Read 124615 times)

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
Re: The Joe Douglas semi-erect hog Garage
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2021, 09:32:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/1372333228640645121?s=21

Very on brand of me to post this tweet

Clearly JD has faith in McGovern and doesn't want to move him to guard. People forget this isn't Madden where you can play a C at G and he's just as good.

I also prefer Davis to Fuller given his health concerns, and Juju plays a different position than Davis, one already filled by Crowder. If Golladay signs a deal significantly lower than anticipated, then I guess you can fault JD, but until that happens I won't criticize him. I can only imagine what the fanbase would be saying if Davis wasn't signed and JD was slow playing the WR markey.

And as for TE's, they were only two clear upgrades that have been signed, and both signed fairly significant contracts. Its still possible someone is added to give Herndon competition.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2021, 09:46:33 PM »
Clearly JD has faith in McGovern and doesn't want to move him to guard. People forget this isn't Madden where you can play a C at G and he's just as good.

I also prefer Davis to Fuller given his health concerns, and Juju plays a different position than Davis, one already filled by Crowder. If Golladay signs a deal significantly lower than anticipated, then I guess you can fault JD, but until that happens I won't criticize him. I can only imagine what the fanbase would be saying if Davis wasn't signed and JD was slow playing the WR markey.

And as for TE's, they were only two clear upgrades that have been signed, and both signed fairly significant contracts. Its still possible someone is added to give Herndon competition.

This is a pretty good rebuttal but I would rather panic because we don’t have pro bowlers across the board at every position on offense Year 1 A.G.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #542 on: March 18, 2021, 06:57:08 AM »
Just freaking sign someone to push GVR and fill in the spot vacated by Alex Lewis/Pat Elflein. I can't imagine we're riding the Cameron Clark train all the way to the playoffs after the dude was injured for the majority of last season and played all of three snaps.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #543 on: March 18, 2021, 07:20:24 AM »
Just freaking sign someone to push GVR and fill in the spot vacated by Alex Lewis/Pat Elflein. I can't imagine we're riding the Cameron Clark train all the way to the playoffs after the dude was injured for the majority of last season and played all of three snaps.
Lewis is still signed with us.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #544 on: March 18, 2021, 07:22:35 AM »

You forget we have a Scarnecchia on the coaching staff.  He's gonna turn our current gords into a bunch of Fanecas.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #545 on: March 18, 2021, 07:33:35 AM »

What he wrote doesn't change.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #546 on: March 18, 2021, 07:35:52 AM »
Why are you guys panicking?  Douglas cut his teeth under mentors that built through the draft.  He didn't sit on his thumb in FA....hell, he signed a pass rushing threat, something we haven't had since John freaking Abraham.

If he doesn't address the IOL in the draft, then light the torches.  But until then, relax.  The gord FA class outside of Thuney was trash this year.

EDIT:  Let the new coaching staff coach the players.  We had a bumblefuck coaching staff the last 2 years...maybe Cam Clark turns out to be a pretty good.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 07:38:03 AM by MBGreen »
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #547 on: March 18, 2021, 07:44:18 AM »
Why are you guys panicking?  Douglas cut his teeth under mentors that built through the draft.  He didn't sit on his thumb in FA....hell, he signed a pass rushing threat, something we haven't had since John freaking Abraham.

If he doesn't address the IOL in the draft, then light the torches.  But until then, relax.  The gord FA class outside of Thuney was trash this year.

EDIT:  Let the new coaching staff coach the players.  We had a bumblefuck coaching staff the last 2 years...maybe Cam Clark turns out to be a pretty good.
More like Fam Clark, the elite gord.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2021, 07:51:54 AM »
He's also completely played his way out of the starting position.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2021, 08:38:04 AM »
I'm not assuming we're not upgrading the OL when all is said and done - I'm just "going on record" that it would pretty bad if we rolled with the guys we have/don't expend FA/draft capital on the position.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #550 on: March 18, 2021, 08:40:05 AM »
I'm not assuming we're not upgrading the OL when all is said and done - I'm just "going on record" that it would pretty bad if we rolled with the guys we have/don't expend FA/draft capital on the position.

and that's totally fair. I would be pissed if the IOL was completely ignored by the time May rolled around.

But having said that... freaking out on day 3 of FA is more than a little premature.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #551 on: March 18, 2021, 08:41:26 AM »
I choose to complain until it happens.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #552 on: March 18, 2021, 08:43:35 AM »
I choose to complain until it happens.

you and my mother-in-law have a lot in common.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #553 on: March 18, 2021, 08:47:04 AM »
and that's totally fair. I would be pissed if the IOL was completely ignored by the time May rolled around.

But having said that... freaking out on day 3 of FA is more than a little premature.
I'm freaking out day 3 plus a whole decade since we've had a functioning OLine. It's the only platoon on the roster that I actually care about right now.

Douglas had a potentially decent draft last season, it doesn't elevate him over being just the next guy at GM. IDGAF if we've signed a pass rusher or a WR right now; it's not going to matter if our opponents wind up planting a QB garden behind the holes between Becton and Fant.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #554 on: March 18, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »
I'm freaking out day 3 plus a whole decade since we've had a functioning OLine. It's the only platoon on the roster that I actually care about right now.

Douglas had a potentially decent draft last season, it doesn't elevate him over being just the next guy at GM. IDGAF if we've signed a pass rusher or a WR right now; it's not going to matter if our opponents wind up planting a QB garden behind the holes between Becton and Fant.

If we would've signed someone like Thuney and ignored the EDGE rusher position...you'd be complaining about that.  I get how this works.

Every position wasn't going to be filled in FA. This horse has been beaten to death. 

Like i said, if IOL gets ignored in the draft...then i'll join you in your quest for blood. 

I'm also not going to hold Douglas to the countless failures from our previous GMs.  This is his 2nd draft.  Let him do his thing.

You're a smart guy, Cato....i know you can think about this rationally.  Perhaps the Jets PTSD runs a little too deep for you and some others here.  Just stay the course.

Tags: