Author Topic: The Joe Douglas semi-erect hog Garage  (Read 124178 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
The Joe Douglas semi-erect hog Garage
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:20:36 AM »
Prob should be fired immediately tbh
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 05:06:15 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: The Joe Douglas semi-erect hog Garage
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 08:26:38 AM »
Haha
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
Prob should be fired immediately tbh
Braxton Berrios.  Best I can do, sorry man.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 05:32:36 PM »
Joe Douglas said Adam Gase will have input in personnel moves

Good
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 05:47:19 PM »
Can we just pick the defensive lineman in the first round already?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 06:27:43 PM »
I expect Adam Gase will have high interest in Tee Higgins
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 07:19:00 PM »
Listening to the Douglas' presser, I don't see a situation where we're getting rid of either Jamal or Le'Veon. The theme of the presser was building the best culture possible in the locker room and whenever either of the Le'Veon or Jamal was brought up Douglas praised their character and leadership.

Other positive notes was that Douglas mentioned that this team will be built from the line-of-scrimmage up, and a priority will be made to improve the team from the trenches every offseason.

Douglas also praised the team and staff for not laying down when we were 1-7, but reinforced that no one should be happy with a 7-9 season.

At least he is saying all the right things, noe it's time to see him execute on those words.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 07:47:29 PM »
well theres already a big problem with their plan, gase is a freaking prick and nobody likes him.

maybe the plan is to unite the team in not playing to their potential because the coach is freaking terrible?

true leadership

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 09:01:03 PM »
Listening to the Douglas' presser, I don't see a situation where we're getting rid of either Jamal or Le'Veon. The theme of the presser was building the best culture possible in the locker room and whenever either of the Le'Veon or Jamal was brought up Douglas praised their character and leadership.

Other positive notes was that Douglas mentioned that this team will be built from the line-of-scrimmage up, and a priority will be made to improve the team from the trenches every offseason.

Douglas also praised the team and staff for not laying down when we were 1-7, but reinforced that no one should be happy with a 7-9 season.

At least he is saying all the right things, noe it's time to see him execute on those words.
Everything Gase and Douglas have said publicly constantly praise Adams and Bell, at least until Gase's last press conference with Manish.

I can't imagine we trade Adams unless we get an offer we can't refuse. And that would take more than two 1st-round picks.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 09:22:12 PM »

Yes, this is the correct, diplomatic approach one should take regardless of whether or not there are trades to be made.  Only an idiot would stand up at a year-end presser and diminish a player's trade value with vague, passive aggressive remarks.  Only an idiot.     

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 10:16:55 PM »
Everything Gase and Douglas have said publicly constantly praise Adams and Bell, at least until Gase's last press conference with Manish.

I can't imagine we trade Adams unless we get an offer we can't refuse. And that would take more than two 1st-round picks.

From the sound of it an offer we can't refuse would be a 1st and two 2nds, and that seems very plausible.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 11:42:08 PM »
From the sound of it an offer we can't refuse would be a 1st and two 2nds, and that seems very plausible.

That's an offer I could refuse though.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 11:52:55 PM »
well theres already a big problem with their plan, gase is a freaking prick and nobody likes him.

maybe the plan is to unite the team in not playing to their potential because the coach is freaking terrible?

true leadership

How are people still running with this narrative.

I know plenty of 1-7 teams that don't roll over when they hate their coach. Oh wait.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 12:05:33 AM »
No dude you're right, Adam gase is clearly a super personable guy who respects his players and gets respect back.

7-9 and missing the playoffs and alienating the biggest FA signing in years is totally the ticket to a title.

Totally.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 12:25:00 AM »
No dude you're right, Adam gase is clearly a super personable guy who respects his players and gets respect back.

7-9 and missing the playoffs and alienating the biggest FA signing in years is totally the ticket to a title.

Totally.

Given the circumstances of the season, what should this team have achieved record wise? That has to be the dumbest justification for your argument in the freaking universe.

Like for fucks sake, when JE and Six do this, at least they bring up how bad the offense was, which is such a viable argument that it inspires pages of debate to the point that we've all tapped out because its a fundamental difference of placing blame on personnel and injuries vs the coach.

But no. You blindly cited a record that I'd argue isn't an underachievement in the face of all the injuries and underachievement from high priced acquisitions. Probably because you have absolutely nothing to substantiate your original criticism.

Again. The idea that the locker room despises him when they clearly play for him is freaking ludicrous.

As far as Bell, two beat writers (Hughes, Costello) have already put forth the reality that Gase spent a lot of his season speaking his praises, lauding his toughness and willingness to change his running style because of the line.

But he decided to be a dick to Manish on the last day of the year, and hacks like Mike Florio and dumpster fires like bleacher report ran with it like his answer had actually anything to do with the player in question as opposed to him just having enough excrement from a total weasely queynte because its a good story. 

Tags: