Author Topic: Andrew Luck Retiring  (Read 4008 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: Andrew Luck Retiring
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2019, 10:11:15 AM »
While there's no way he should've been booed, it's really freaking shitty he retires a week before the season starts where indy was a solid super bowl contender. Especially since, based on my understanding this isn't about a current injury just the trauma of dealing with injuries in general

don't think it's shitty at all. this is a guy who has been dealing with a lot and was obviously still trying to tough it out and see if he can give it a go. after going through yet another offseason and training camp/preseason and seeing how he dealt with it, he probably realized that he could do this no longer. you can only make a decision like this only after you've tried to give it a go again and after you've done what you can to prepare for the season.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2019, 10:33:06 AM »
Good luck Luck
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »
Good dude, good luck.  Glad he waited till now because imagine if he announced this last March (Darnold at #3).

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2019, 11:24:26 AM »
Good dude, good luck.  Glad he waited till now because imagine if he announced this last March (Darnold at #3).

Imagine those fuckers having Peyton Luck and then Darnold falling to them, excrement

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2019, 11:25:58 AM »
don't think it's shitty at all. this is a guy who has been dealing with a lot and was obviously still trying to tough it out and see if he can give it a go. after going through yet another offseason and training camp/preseason and seeing how he dealt with it, he probably realized that he could do this no longer. you can only make a decision like this only after you've tried to give it a go again and after you've done what you can to prepare for the season.

It's a job that's literally killing you.  Retire at your discretion. 

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2019, 11:28:17 AM »
Their fans deserve a QB that stinks.

To go from Peyton to Luck...and then to boo Luck after he’s been absolutely destroyed behind their garbage OL for years.

What a bunch of clueless morons.

If Tua or Herbert go to them first overall, they'll think they're the smartest slobs in the country. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2019, 11:43:16 AM »
The Colts have reached a financial settlement with retired QB Andrew Luck.
The Colts could have recouped $24.8 million from Luck—$12.8 million from his signing bonus and another $12 million in roster bonuses—but instead the team is letting him keep it all. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the settlement was reached last week, suggesting the Colts have known Luck was retiring for some time. It's a nice gesture by the Colts and one that wasn't afforded to Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders when they retired early. Luck is leaving $58.1 million on the table by calling it quits, but said injuries had taken the joy out of playing. Twenty nine with a degree in architectural design from Stanford, we're excited see what's next for Luck now that his playing days are over.

Either the colts are incredibly classy, or hopeful he comes back in a year

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2019, 12:33:13 PM »
If Tua or Herbert go to them first overall, they'll think they're the smartest slobs in the country.
They're not going to be picking first. Brissett got 6 wins from a much worse side two seasons ago, they're going to be a playoff bubble team.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2019, 04:05:58 PM »
They're not going to be picking first. Brissett got 6 wins from a much worse side two seasons ago, they're going to be a playoff bubble team.

I don't know if they're a better team than the Jaguars or Titans and they're sure not a wild card contender

That said maybe once they get all that Luck money off the books and they have a year to plan for life without him, they could be next year

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2019, 04:06:50 PM »
I don't know if they're a better team than the Jaguars or Titans and they're sure not a wild card contender

That said maybe once they get all that Luck money off the books and they have a year to plan for life without him, they could be next year
They're much better than either of those teams.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2019, 04:19:23 PM »
They're much better than either of those teams.

That's a competitive division regardless. Possibly the only division where I could easily see any team in it winning the division

Tags: