Author Topic: Preseason Week 3: Jets vs Saints  (Read 1053 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Preseason Week 3: Jets vs Saints
« on: August 21, 2019, 09:09:11 AM »
Saturday
8/24
7:30pm
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Preseason Week 3: Jets vs Saints
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 09:10:21 AM »
Fifth-year linebacker Neville Hewitt is fully embracing the “next-man-up” mentality. After starting ILB Avery Williamson was placed on injured reserve following a collision with CB Tevaughn Campbell in the Jets’ game against the Falcons, Hewitt has been taking first-team reps at weakside linebacker.

“All of us prepare as a starter, so whenever your number is called, you expect to play at a certain level,” Hewitt said. “That’s how I prepare. Since my second year in the league, I’ve had coaches that say you have to prepare every game like a starter. I had roles in Miami where I had to elevate my game early on in my career. That’s the mentality that I’ve always had with Coach Gase.”

“He’s a fierce competitor and he loves to hit… But he’s a playmaker,” ILB C.J. Mosley said of Hewitt. “He’s going to run around and try to make plays. When guys get tired, you see somebody make a big hit or run to the ball like he does, he brings that intensity in guys.”

With training camp winding down and the regular season quickly approaching, Hewitt continues to prove himself a versatile option for the defense at both inside spots.

“I’ve been playing both positions, so I’ve been prepared to play. It’s very unfortunate what happened to Avery and it bothers all of us. But as you can see, everyone in that room has been playing at a high level,” Hewitt said. “Everybody has been getting better. Since day one to now, we’re getting our hands on a lot more balls, making a lot of tackles, and our names are just coming up every week.”
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 04:41:59 PM »
Osemele, Winters, Kalil out. 

freak a dress rehearsal, give Semen the start. 

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 04:42:49 PM »
Osemele, Winters, Kalil out. 

freak a dress rehearsal, give Semen the start.
Why?  All 3 were out last year

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »
Why?  All 3 were out last year

Regardless why risk your franchise QB in a preseason game with your 3 best OL out

I'd rather Darnold only play one drive and maybe give him two drives with the starters in week 4

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 07:45:36 PM »
Ayyy

Tags: