Author Topic: 2019 NCAA Football  (Read 21426 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: 2019 NCAA Football
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2020, 10:32:17 AM »
Todd Monken named O-coordinator at Georgia.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2020, 10:53:57 AM »
Back in early 2014, Sean Spencer (Penn State's DL coach) was recruiting Gage Cervenka to play nose tackle at PSU.  He came down to visit and they offered him.  James Franklin Facetimed with him because he had to, I guess.

Gage ended up committing to Clemson a few weeks later, his favorite team growing up.  His parents asked our AD to stop setting up visits and contacts from other programs.  His decision was final. 

A few teams in the region kept coming hard after him (Duke, VT, and Georgia Tech) but mainly because they just always had guys in the area and we were in an area that's a hotbed of talent.  This allowed some of our other kids to get some exposure too. 

Penn State obviously is nowhere near South Carolina.  They kept sending packet after packet after packet.  Our AD had to screen Spencer's calls.  This isn't uncommon for a good player but they were relentless and could've easily just moved on to the next one.

Anyway, James Franklin eventually took it head on.  He didn't like being told no.  He eventually got a hold of our AD's secretary and she told him that Gage had committed to Clemson, his recruitment was closed, and to not contact the school or the athletic department again. 

A few days later, our principal comes in chuckling about an email he received from the district office.  James Franklin himself filed a complaint against our athletic secretary.  In this complaint, he accused her of being racist and dismissive of his attempts to recruit a player because he's a black head coach. 

Plot Twist:  the athletic secretary is a 60-something black woman that he assumed was white because of her accent

Nothing ever came of it, but it just shows that he's a petty derriere bitch that went out of his way to smear this lady because he didn't like the fact that a 17 year old chose Clemson over Penn State.

In the end, Gage won two national championships with Clemson and James Franklin is 3-3 in bowl games with zero playoff appearances.  I think the kid made the right choice. 

There are tons of these stories out there. Franklin freaking bullies these kids into playing for him and then bullies them at PSU. That little bitch needs to be fired into the sun.

Unfortunately for everyone he’s a perfect match for that excrement hole “happy valley” And the attitude that has persisted in that town since long before Sandusky ever arrived
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2020, 11:17:07 AM »
Todd Monken named O-coordinator at Georgia.

Their OL will be absolute trash in 2020
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2020, 06:23:35 AM »
Stanford QB KJ Costello announces he will play final season at Mississippi State for Mike Leach
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2020, 01:11:58 PM »
A kid I know committed to Rutgers a year early, TE from my town, I coach his younger sister and know the parents quite well. If nothing else I get to root for him in college beginning next season.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: