Author Topic: 2019 NCAA Football  (Read 21420 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: 2019 NCAA Football
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2020, 05:00:38 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2020, 11:45:07 AM »
Bobby Petrino is back baby!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2020, 11:46:33 AM »
Told you guys that James Franklin was a piece of excrement
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2020, 11:48:11 AM »
Told you guys that James Franklin was a piece of excrement

Is this the lawsuit story? So weird

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2020, 11:49:29 AM »

Part of it

Not sure if I’ve ever told you about my experience with James Franklin

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2020, 11:50:17 AM »

I gotta admit, I laughed at the accusation that Yetur Gross-Matos was telling underclassman he was going to "Sandusky" them.

Part of it

Do tell.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2020, 11:53:51 AM »
Bobby Petrino is back baby!
And apparently he beat out Art Briles for the job.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2020, 11:58:52 AM »
And apparently he beat out Art Briles for the job.

Jesus. Talk about not having any regard in terms of wanting to bring in a guy with a modicum of moral fiber to lead your program.

No word yet on whether or not David Temple (former Texas HS football coach who murdered his wife) got an interview.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2020, 10:31:25 PM »
Part of it

They need to know. It's a classic.

I told my friend who's a PSU alum the story and he hated Franklin til they won a bowl game with him, now he doesn't care.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2020, 11:08:16 PM »
Do tell.

Back in early 2014, Sean Spencer (Penn State's DL coach) was recruiting Gage Cervenka to play nose tackle at PSU.  He came down to visit and they offered him.  James Franklin Facetimed with him because he had to, I guess.

Gage ended up committing to Clemson a few weeks later, his favorite team growing up.  His parents asked our AD to stop setting up visits and contacts from other programs.  His decision was final. 

A few teams in the region kept coming hard after him (Duke, VT, and Georgia Tech) but mainly because they just always had guys in the area and we were in an area that's a hotbed of talent.  This allowed some of our other kids to get some exposure too. 

Penn State obviously is nowhere near South Carolina.  They kept sending packet after packet after packet.  Our AD had to screen Spencer's calls.  This isn't uncommon for a good player but they were relentless and could've easily just moved on to the next one.

Anyway, James Franklin eventually took it head on.  He didn't like being told no.  He eventually got a hold of our AD's secretary and she told him that Gage had committed to Clemson, his recruitment was closed, and to not contact the school or the athletic department again. 

A few days later, our principal comes in chuckling about an email he received from the district office.  James Franklin himself filed a complaint against our athletic secretary.  In this complaint, he accused her of being racist and dismissive of his attempts to recruit a player because he's a black head coach. 

Plot Twist:  the athletic secretary is a 60-something black woman that he assumed was white because of her accent

Nothing ever came of it, but it just shows that he's a petty derriere bitch that went out of his way to smear this lady because he didn't like the fact that a 17 year old chose Clemson over Penn State.

In the end, Gage won two national championships with Clemson and James Franklin is 3-3 in bowl games with zero playoff appearances.  I think the kid made the right choice. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2020, 05:42:49 AM »
Lmaooooo that’s great

I wish he got fucked for what he tried to pull. I’ll bet that isn’t the first or last time he’s done that.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2020, 08:25:09 AM »
Back in early 2014, Sean Spencer (Penn State's DL coach) was recruiting Gage Cervenka to play nose tackle at PSU.  He came down to visit and they offered him.  James Franklin Facetimed with him because he had to, I guess.

Gage ended up committing to Clemson a few weeks later, his favorite team growing up.  His parents asked our AD to stop setting up visits and contacts from other programs.  His decision was final. 

A few teams in the region kept coming hard after him (Duke, VT, and Georgia Tech) but mainly because they just always had guys in the area and we were in an area that's a hotbed of talent.  This allowed some of our other kids to get some exposure too. 

Penn State obviously is nowhere near South Carolina.  They kept sending packet after packet after packet.  Our AD had to screen Spencer's calls.  This isn't uncommon for a good player but they were relentless and could've easily just moved on to the next one.

Anyway, James Franklin eventually took it head on.  He didn't like being told no.  He eventually got a hold of our AD's secretary and she told him that Gage had committed to Clemson, his recruitment was closed, and to not contact the school or the athletic department again. 

A few days later, our principal comes in chuckling about an email he received from the district office.  James Franklin himself filed a complaint against our athletic secretary.  In this complaint, he accused her of being racist and dismissive of his attempts to recruit a player because he's a black head coach. 

Plot Twist:  the athletic secretary is a 60-something black woman that he assumed was white because of her accent

Nothing ever came of it, but it just shows that he's a petty derriere bitch that went out of his way to smear this lady because he didn't like the fact that a 17 year old chose Clemson over Penn State.

In the end, Gage won two national championships with Clemson and James Franklin is 3-3 in bowl games with zero playoff appearances.  I think the kid made the right choice. 

that's some sweet justice
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2020, 08:55:25 AM »
Imagine firing off a depressed jerk directly after watching your team lose the natty champ

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1217590472916586497?s=21

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2020, 09:43:31 AM »
Imagine firing off a depressed jerk directly after watching your team lose the natty champ

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1217590472916586497?s=21
If I was bummed out, I guess looking a pair of big ole titties would cheer me up.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2020, 10:03:52 AM »

Wow. What a piece of excrement.

It's not even like he chose some random school over the mighty PSU, Dabo and Venables had already established themselves at Clemson at that point.

Tags: