Author Topic: Best way to watch games this year?  (Read 1562 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Best way to watch games this year?
« on: August 17, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
So I’ve finally kicked DirectTv to the curb. It’s just too damn expensive. This means Sunday Ticket is gone. What’s the best way to be able to see the games since I am out of market (in Virginia)? Chances are really good that I will not be able to see many if any games live. Haven’t been able to for years, which is why DVR was a great thing to have for years.

I know somebody else is in a similar situation, so what ways, plans, services do you have to see the Jets play?
Need a new one for a new board...

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Best way to watch games this year?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »
NFL GamePass. I think in the US you can watch every game as long as it’s not live.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 05:02:20 PM »
Nfl Sunday ticket u (if you are in college or have a family member in college that you wanna pretend to be) I think you can get that plus nfl gamepass for 130$ for the year. Covers your bases on all Sunday nfl games (minus Sunday night) and being able to replay all games after the fact.

Probably better than watching pirated feeds

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »
As an upstanding citizen, I have never and would never check the r/nflstreams subreddit to follow games when I'm not at home on sundays.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »
As an upstanding citizen, I have never and would never check the r/nflstreams subreddit to follow games when I'm not at home on sundays.

My issue is I probably cannot watch live. So I need a replay service.

Is Game Pass the only real option for replaying games once they are completed?
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 05:59:59 PM »
My issue is I probably cannot watch live. So I need a replay service.

Is Game Pass the only real option for replaying games once they are completed?

I mean unless you're interested illegal options in which case kodi and or torrents are on the table . Either that or use a DVR

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 06:39:11 PM »
I think gamepass only streams outside the US, but you should be able to get out of market on demand.  I don't think you're finding a better legal option for cheaper than the $100 or whatever.  There's a one week trial if you want to see if you'd like it.

if you're not particular about legality and don't mind watching on a computer or hooking up a computer to a TV, there are certainly websites that post replays of every game which would take you about a minute to find on google after searching nflreplays and clicking on the fourth or fifth result

I'd link but I don't want to annoy any of the fine and upstanding administrative staff who might be concerned about posting a link on a tiny message board

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »
I'd link but I don't want to annoy any of the fine and upstanding administrative staff who might be concerned about posting a link on a tiny message board

JACKASS

I'LL KILL YOU
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 10:31:16 PM »
I think gamepass only streams outside the US, but you should be able to get out of market on demand.  I don't think you're finding a better legal option for cheaper than the $100 or whatever.  There's a one week trial if you want to see if you'd like it.

if you're not particular about legality and don't mind watching on a computer or hooking up a computer to a TV, there are certainly websites that post replays of every game which would take you about a minute to find on google after searching nflreplays and clicking on the fourth or fifth result

No one gives a freak, link away.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 11:23:13 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 07:10:30 AM »
I just got arrested by the e-police after viewing that link
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 01:57:45 PM »
Just throwing this out there regarding GamePass. If you don't like being spoiled on the result of the game before you watch, don't go with GamePass.

A few times last year my DVR didn't record, and I had no choice so I went to GamePass. But it tells you the final score before you can click to the replay. Knowing the result puts a damper on the experience for me.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 04:39:06 PM »
Just throwing this out there regarding GamePass. If you don't like being spoiled on the result of the game before you watch, don't go with GamePass.

A few times last year my DVR didn't record, and I had no choice so I went to GamePass. But it tells you the final score before you can click to the replay. Knowing the result puts a damper on the experience for me.

that's kind of whack lol. there should be an easy fix to that. i've set up my mlb.tv so that the scores are all hidden when i click a game

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »

I have it on my phone, never messed with any settings, and it doesn't do that

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 06:36:46 PM »
Neither for me. It used to happen like 5-6 years ago but they fixed it

Tags: