Author Topic: Golfin'  (Read 43487 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Golfin'
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2021, 07:03:04 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2021, 04:53:46 PM »
Have played three times so far this year. 123, 119, and today 110. It's not pretty, but it's fun. Playing again tomorrow and hoping to actually get somewhere closer to double figures.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2021, 08:44:57 AM »
109. Technically closet to 100, but not enough. Shot a 48 on the back nine but the disaster had already happened by that point.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »
109. Technically closet to 100, but not enough. Shot a 48 on the back nine but the disaster had already happened by that point.
Yr getting there - stay with it.  Disaster happens to the best of 'em

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2021, 09:39:33 AM »
Yr getting there - stay with it.  Disaster happens to the best of 'em

I've been playing for years, I just haven't played consistently for a long time - this year I'll probably have played more times by the end of June than in any one year since I was 15. I'll be back in double figures within the month.

Also I'm going to a club fitting at my local pro shop this week, I've needed new woods since forever so I'm probably going to buy some then.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2021, 10:07:40 AM »
I've been playing for years, I just haven't played consistently for a long time - this year I'll probably have played more times by the end of June than in any one year since I was 15. I'll be back in double figures within the month.

Also I'm going to a club fitting at my local pro shop this week, I've needed new woods since forever so I'm probably going to buy some then.

Grip it and rip it! 

Getting off the tee in good shape's half the battle imho (eliminating the constant scrambling from difficult/impossible lies). 

Enjoy and keep us posted.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #262 on: June 23, 2021, 04:35:04 PM »
Went to a Cobra club fitting today. It was pretty cool, they have these frankenstein clubs that they put together with different length and whip shafts and different heads and film your swing as you're hitting, then put together the perfect clubs for you. By the time they were done I was hitting the woods they'd put together for me 50 yards further than I do my current ones (which are old and cheap and excrement), and I was hitting them pretty straight as well. The pro is going to call me with a price for the custom set but it looks like I'm dropping a bunch of money shortly.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2021, 10:41:26 AM »
Went to a Cobra club fitting today. It was pretty cool, they have these frankenstein clubs that they put together with different length and whip shafts and different heads and film your swing as you're hitting, then put together the perfect clubs for you. By the time they were done I was hitting the woods they'd put together for me

50 yards further than I do my current ones

(which are old and cheap and excrement), and I was hitting them pretty straight as well. The pro is going to call me with a price for the custom set but it looks like I'm dropping a bunch of money shortly.

That's awesome that they can marry you to a player-specific club using real life tech (film/club mock ups) instead of something off the shelf based on a rote sales pitch ("offers both power & control").  That said, as intoxicating as the 50 yd. bump in distance will be, remember the 'drive for show, putt for dough' adage and use your 'hand talent' for your short game as well.  Debit cash, credit enjoyment - am amped for you. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2021, 11:03:10 AM »
In the future they will be able to implant retractable telescoping clubs in your forearm that just shoot out like Wolverine claws.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »
In the future they will be able to implant retractable telescoping clubs in your forearm that just shoot out like Wolverine claws.

Yup.  Tiger Scissorhands   : )

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »
103 this morning. Double figures are getting closer.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2021, 05:46:03 PM »
Probably should have stayed home and watched soccer today.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2021, 06:50:42 PM »
Probably should have stayed home and watched soccer today.
   Stay the course JE!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2021, 06:49:02 PM »
Three games in three days. Thursday was a stinker, yesterday was OK but we were on a horrible stupid course I hate, today was excellent fun and I shot my best round of the year (100). Getting the hang of my new driver and loving it, I've never hit the ball this far before.