Author Topic: Golfin'  (Read 43018 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Golfin'
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 10:45:36 AM »
I've never had any formal lessons or instruction. I just picked up a club one day, and started playing.

i'm absolute hot garbage when it comes to golf.  But i still enjoy playing.

I usually shoot around 120-130
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
Haven't played since September. I usually shoot high 80s to low 90s

That's awful. Puck shot an 83 his very first time playing, then quit forever.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »
That's awful. Puck shot an 83 his very first time playing, then quit forever.

85 and it was confirmed by 3 people. Despite my physique now back when I was in my late teens till early 30's I was a very good athlete with excellent hand eye coordination. It's not my fault you dipshits in your late 20's early 30's probably have the hand eye coordination of Poindexter from Revenge of the Nerds.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:48:01 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 09:46:04 AM »
85 and it was confirmed by 3 people.

They all died in mysterious donut shop fires within a month.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »
85 and it was confirmed by 3 people. Despite my physique now back when I was in my late teens till early 30's I was a very good athlete with excellent hand eye coordination. It's not my fault you dipshits in your late 20's early 30's probably have the hand eye coordination of Poindexter from Revenge of the Nerds.

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

klaximilian

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 09:25:52 PM »
I've never had any formal lessons or instruction. I just picked up a club one day, and started playing.

i'm absolute hot garbage when it comes to golf.  But i still enjoy playing.

I usually shoot around 120-130

If I shot a 120, I would not enjoy playing. I guess some people are happy to chase a ball through the woods for 5 hours.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:20 PM »
I suck and I pretty much always enjoy it. I wish I played more.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 10:03:03 PM »
If I shot a 120, I would not enjoy playing. I guess some people are happy to chase a ball through the woods for 5 hours.

Some of us just enjoy playing the game.  I'm not out to get my PGA card.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:23:23 PM by MBGreen »

klaximilian

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 11:56:45 AM »
Some of us just enjoy playing the game.  I'm not out to get my PGA card.

Understandable. It wasn't meant to be a jab. Personally, I just couldn't enjoy the game when I was hitting the ball every which way and playing scramble golf. I spent a lot of time at the range until I could figure it out. It didn't help that all my friends that I would typically play with were shooting in the 80s while I was struggling just to tee off.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 12:28:48 PM »
Understandable. It wasn't meant to be a jab. Personally, I just couldn't enjoy the game when I was hitting the ball every which way and playing scramble golf. I spent a lot of time at the range until I could figure it out. It didn't help that all my friends that I would typically play with were shooting in the 80s while I was struggling just to tee off.

I'm a competitive person by nature....but when it comes to golf, it doesn't bother me that i'm a pile of excrement.  Must be something in the water up here.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »
I wouldn't be awful if I didn't have the worst slice in North America.

klaximilian

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 12:43:39 PM »
I wouldn't be awful if I didn't have the worst slice in North America.
Yeah, that is a common problem that I think most of us have faced. It's most likely your club-face open, which indicates you're not turning your wrist over. It's more common with the driver.

Lots of youtube videos out there to show how you can correct a slice, that is if you have time to head to the range. It will take repetition to break your old habits.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »
Or just address the ball in such as way as to be pointing 45 degrees to the left of where you intend to land the ball, and then call it a fade.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
Or just address the ball in such as way as to be pointing 45 degrees to the left of where you intend to land the ball, and then call it a fade.

I might need to actually point a full 90 degrees (to the right, I'm a left-handed golfer) for it to work with my slice.  It's very much like Jack Hartunian's slice in Caddyshack 2.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 03:02:12 PM »
I might need to actually point a full 90 degrees (to the right, I'm a left-handed golfer) for it to work with my slice.  It's very much like Jack Hartunian's slice in Caddyshack 2.

You actually watched that? hahahahahahahah
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!