Author Topic: Jets 2019 Training Camp  (Read 10548 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Jets 2019 Training Camp
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2019, 02:42:36 PM »
WR Jamison Crowder has been medically cleared. He is expected to practice tomorrow. #JetsCamp

Apparently he’s playing hurt after seeing Dortch’s reps yesterday. Doesn’t want to lose his spot.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
Apparently he’s playing hurt after seeing Dortch’s reps yesterday. Doesn’t want to lose his spot.

Is someone reporting this or are you just saying this?

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2019, 04:57:01 PM »
Is someone reporting this or are you just saying this?

I was there and I saw it all. Darnold said at the end of the practice that he expected Crowder to “miss multiple games”, even if he wasn’t injured because Dortch had “the biggest balls he had ever seen since Godzilla”. Crowder then ripped his cast and jumped into the field. Tough scene.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:01:57 PM by MexJetinBcn »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2019, 07:15:16 PM »
I love this place
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2019, 09:48:49 AM »
It's great to hear all these glowing reports about Robby. Statistically, he's a great deep threat, but he's not an efficient receiver otherwise. He's never had a good QB other than the final few weeks of last season. But every report about him is positive about his work ethic and his ability to get open deep. It seems like there's a couple throws a day where he torches the defense.

On a side note, it's very odd having a camp where the offense is clearly ahead of the defense.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2019, 10:48:23 AM »
It's great to hear all these glowing reports about Robby. Statistically, he's a great deep threat, but he's not an efficient receiver otherwise. He's never had a good QB other than the final few weeks of last season. But every report about him is positive about his work ethic and his ability to get open deep. It seems like there's a couple throws a day where he torches the defense.

On a side note, it's very odd having a camp where the offense is clearly ahead of the defense.

Anderson is an unstable dude, but as long as he keeps his mental state in check, he can be a really good receiving threat.

As far as the offense, regardless of how I initially felt about the hire, I'm glad this team finally has an offensively-minded head coach. A young stud QB doesn't hurt either. And Bell.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »
Anderson is an unstable dude, but as long as he keeps his mental state in check, he can be a really good receiving threat.

As far as the offense, regardless of how I initially felt about the hire, I'm glad this team finally has an offensively-minded head coach. A young stud QB doesn't hurt either. And Bell.
It seems like he's motivated to get paid. Will he remain motivated after? Hard to say with Robby's history. To be fair, I'm more worried about him getting paid, blowing all his money on some super fancy car, then wrapping that car around a tree when trying to evade the cops.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2019, 12:36:05 PM »
It seems like he's motivated to get paid. Will he remain motivated after? Hard to say with Robby's history. To be fair, I'm more worried about him getting paid, blowing all his money on some super fancy car, then wrapping that car around a tree when trying to evade the cops.

Everyone's motivated to get paid. It's why I show up to work every day too.

I don't think motivation is Robbie's problem. I think it's maturity. Getting taunting penalties on the field, or doing stupid things like saying you'll nut in a cop's wife's eye off of it are things you've got to grow out of if you expect to excel.

Honestly, this is the big thing to me with Gase so far. He's trying to change the mentality of the players. It has been a "player-friendly" free-for-all since Rex took over. It's time for some discipline.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2019, 01:12:50 PM »
I've loved every interview I've heard with Gase. He seems very smart, he's got a sense of humor, and he can be enlightening sometimes, even in his mostly deadpan delivery. As long as he either wears a hat or is on radio, he is a fun listen. Especially compared to Bowles.

Michael Kay show was at Jets camp the other day. Luckily, Kay was out so it was Wischusen and La Greca asking questions all day. They talked to Darnold, Adams, Gase and Quinnen. It was a great listen.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2019, 01:57:34 PM »
I've loved every interview I've heard with Gase. He seems very smart, he's got a sense of humor, and he can be enlightening sometimes, even in his mostly deadpan delivery. As long as he either wears a hat or is on radio, he is a fun listen. Especially compared to Bowles.

Michael Kay show was at Jets camp the other day. Luckily, Kay was out so it was Wischusen and La Greca asking questions all day. They talked to Darnold, Adams, Gase and Quinnen. It was a great listen.

As much as I'm still leery of that guy former Miami players complained about, so far, I haven't seen that guy. Gase seems passionate and demanding, but not like dick-like. I'll happily eat that can of crow if he shows I was completely wrong about him.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2019, 04:07:51 PM »
As much as I'm still leery of that guy former Miami players complained about, so far, I haven't seen that guy. Gase seems passionate and demanding, but not like dick-like. I'll happily eat that can of crow if he shows I was completely wrong about him.
Get your fork ready
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2019, 04:31:01 PM »
Get your fork ready

What kind of a freaking weirdo eats a sandwich with a fork? I'm guessing the same kind who goes from "I hate this guy and want nothing to do with him" to "I guess we'll see how it goes" to "by Christmas all you haters will be proven wrong" before anyone has thrown a ball or made a tackle in anger.

You've less thought and conviction behind your positions than the average pubescent girl.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2019, 06:51:02 AM »
What kind of a freaking weirdo eats a sandwich with a fork? I'm guessing the same kind who goes from "I hate this guy and want nothing to do with him" to "I guess we'll see how it goes" to "by Christmas all you haters will be proven wrong" before anyone has thrown a ball or made a tackle in anger.

You've less thought and conviction behind your positions than the average pubescent girl.
I didn't realize eating crow had to be a sandwich.

I've definitely changed my opinion on Gase. I know part of it is because I'm a fan and I want Gase to succeed, but so far, I like what I've seen and I've heard. Just like most Jets coaches in Year 1...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2019, 06:58:24 AM »

Get your fork ready too
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2019, 07:01:03 AM »
I didn't realize eating crow had to be a sandwich.

I've definitely changed my opinion on Gase. I know part of it is because I'm a fan and I want Gase to succeed, but so far, I like what I've seen and I've heard. Just like most Jets coaches in Year 1...
JE will be backtracking for awhile...just enjoy the show hahaha

Tags: